TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc I will be 10.5 weeks when I go back. They wanted me back at 8weeks so I am very glad disability agreed to extend it to Jan.6th. I have a desk job so once I am at my desk I will be able to elevate and ice as I need to. I expect to be very tired the first couple of weeks. We do what we need to for our jobs and benefit while trying to take care if ourselves. I hope you are feeling better today and I will check in on your thread.
 
@Legin thank you for your concern. I feel okay going back to work in Jan. The only real concern I have is my ROM being low. I am hoping to make some more progress on that while I am still off by going to gym and PT. I will be able to elevate and ice at my desk as needed so that should help. So when are you going to show us your head? Still trying to fit together the pieces of what the ogre looks like lol.
 
@ Minnie's Knee's you are so correct. I was actually afraid of going back at 12 weeks/3 months, because of the fatigue as with RA we tend to be fatigued anyway on a good day. Then you slap TKR into the mix and whalaa, :tiredwheel: super tired. I do work at a desk in a busy clinic so I was afraid of the up and down. But folks are kind and they would bring a patient to me if I asked. At some points I needed to get up and down so I would not be stiff. I would ice as I was charting then put ice on side when I went to get the patient. I work in an offsite clinic affiliated with a major medical center. Hope everything goes smoothly for you when you go back. I so understand the financial side of the matter. Hope you are healing well my friend. Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest now. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc I am at my desk all day on phone and computer. No up and down except for breaks and lunch. I know with the RA and diabetes I will be tired and plan to rest as soon as I get home. My hubby is home first and will cook during the week so,that will help. I hope you are feeling better. Take care of yourself too.

I know I need to slow down because I had to take a tramadol tonight and laying here icing the knee. I start feeling better and don't realise how much I am doing until it's too late. ~O.D.I.C. member~ :boohoo:
 
Tut.and dbl tut. Hey I can talk I know its difficult at least you have support of hubby well done that man

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Kathy

How are you? Thought I'd drop in and say a quick hi to you xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 Thanks for stopping by. I am doing okay. Still frustrated with my limited ROM but trying to be patient. I know it could be much worse considering what others have gone through including yourself. I keep doing my home exercises and going to PT. I will go back to work on 1-6-15. I still get tired and take a nap every couple of days especially if I have not slept well. I am driving but my leg gets tired if more than 20-30minutes. I will be okay and hopefully someday I can say I am glad I had this done. My left knee is also bone on bone but thankfully not symptomatic like the right one was. Hope you have recovered from hydro pain.
 
Hi Kathy

Well done you driving and going back to work for the new year. Normality will be exhausting but I'm sure nice. You are doing really well.

Well done to you, I'm genuinely pleased for you.

Love Ann xx
 
My knee has been stiff and achy the last 2 nights making it hard to sleep. Guess I have been doing more than I thought the last week. Several trips up and down stairs every day, PT 3x week, a trip to the store, the post office to mail Christmas packages, some cooking, etc. I guess it all adds up. I love the holidays but they take a lot of preparation.
 
@gr82cu2 I tried to do one thing each day and have even been taking naps. I didnt feel like it was too much but I guess it was. I have been icing and resting most of the day today.
 
Well for better or worse I am having an MUA tomorrow morning. I saw my OS again today and he is concerned with my RA flare ups, inflamation and that I am having trouble walking without hip pain and ROM is not increasing. I know the MUA has pros and cons and I have read the articles in the BS library. I have to go back to work in 2 weeks, my knee and hip hurt every day, tomorrow will be no cost. If I wait til late Jan I will have to be off work again which I cant afford and it will cost me up to $4000 deductible and out of pocket. I fully trust my OS and hope it helps as I have been stuck at 86-88 for over 3 weeks now. I am tired of the pain when just trying to walk and not being able to take pain meds makes it worse. The scariest part is always the anesthesia. I'll post after I get home.
 
Good luck Kathy and I hope your op goes well. I will check for your posts. You're such a lovely supportive person. I wish you good luck for you and every success with the MUA xxxx

[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA To you and your family. It's just turned into Christmas Eve here xxxx
 
@Minnie's knees , Kathy I'm sorry you have to have this done but I know how concerned you have been with your ROM. You have said before how much you like your OS and trust him, so I'm sure he has your best interests at heart. I don't blame you one bit for getting it done before your end of year runs out. It's good that your OS could schedule you so soon. I'll keep you in my prayers and I'm sure this will help you get the ROMA you need so you won't have anymore leg and hip pain. Sending hugs, Anne
 
Oh good luck Kathy! I know it's not an easy decision for you to do this but you've been through a lot and need more motion and relief. Hopefully this will finally make it better for you and give your hips some relief too. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers and like Nana, I will be watching for an update.
 
@Nana moon 27 thank you!

@Yorkimom OS caught me off guard with doing it tomorrow but he is on vacation the rest of the year. I have been very worried, frustrated and starting to feel depressed about having had the TKR done. I am hoping this will give me the new start I need to be comfortable with my new knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom