Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the sick crew. :tantrum: I guess I should be glad it hit before Christmas. I'm sure it was because I pushed too hard for a couple of weeks & wasn't getting enough sleep. I think it's to do with the RA & meds lowering my resistance when I don't get enough rest (and being exposed to sick people at work :oyvey: ) Does it work like that for you @Minnie's knees ?

I'm staying home today to try to kick it. I've had one nap already.:zzz:

Wishing you good :ice: and :sleep:
 
@keeper sorry you have joined the sick club. I definitely think the RA and especially the RA meds and being run down contribute to our sickness. Work is a germ fest as we are in cubicles and I am not missing that right now. I am hoping I turned the corner yesterday on mine. I am still coughing and tired but no face pain and not as tired today.

Glad you were able to stay home and rest today as that helps a lot. Hope you feel better soon.
 
@Minnie's knees I know that when I don't get enough sleep I get sick so much easier. Plus there seems to be a bunch of germs floating around this year.
 
Germs and allergens are bad here right now. I always have trouble with allergies this time of year but it's been worse than usual with my immunity being low.

I haven't done much today, mostly a lazy day watching tv and I went to PT this afternoon. I am so glad it's only 3 miles from my home and that I can drive myself now.

Hoping all of the germs and allergens go away and leave us all alone!
 
@Minnie's knees I agree whole heartedly, we have had enough! I've been sicker this year than in the past 3 years. Hope 2015 brings health to everyone!
 
@Minnie's knees, Kathy how are you feeling today???? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Last week I a woke up two days in a row with a sore throat but by late morning I felt better. This afternoon I started feeling punky again. I'm due for my allergy shots and should have gotten them last week, but put it off with the sore throat.
 
@Yorkimom I am better but still sick. No sinus pain but still coughing and tired. I hope your sore throat goes away quickly and doesn't go into anything else.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So my last online order for Christmas (presents for my grandsons) was to be delivered today. Tracking info said it was delivered but we didn't get it and we were home at the time it was supposedly delivered. Called UPS and walked all around both sides of house to satsfy them the pkg was not there. So now my knee is not happy with me as ground is not level. UPS is contacting the driver and will open a claim. The stress is not helping my cold or my knee. I just want them to find my package.
 
@Minnie's knees Last year I heard that people were following UPS trucks and stealing the packages. I hope that isn't what happened. They have a nasty habit of ringing the bell once, setting packages down and leaving. They don't what for you to get to the door. They do that to us all the time.
 
@tiredwife that was the first thing I thought of. But the houses are close together and both vehicles were in the driveway. They never rang the bell or knocked. Hubby and I were both home.
 
@tiredwife I called toysrus to let them know the package was not received and they were wonderful. They offered to ship a replacement order and will file a claim with ups. All items were still in stock thank goodness. I will be watching carefully on delivery day.

Liz had me do some new squats using an exercise ball against the wall which caused my unoperated knee to start clicking so I stopped. Tonight my unoperated knee is stiff and still clicking a little (very minimal symptoms prior to RTKR) I won't be doing that exercise again. I have been surprised about how well it has done while supporting the operated knee. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.
 
Liz had me do some new squats using an exercise ball against the wall which caused my unoperated knee to start clicking so I stopped...

Today my therapist tried me on squats against the ball against the wall and a similar thing happened; my non-surgical knee was loose and clunking. It felt like it was trying to disassemble into parts! I also had to stop the exercise. The incident helped me realize that eventually my TKR leg will become my strong leg. I have known problems with my other knee. I need it to hold up for at least another year.

I hope your left (non-operative) knee doesn't continue to bother you.
 
@Minnie's knees Glad you are going to get the items replaced. Demand the UPS ring the bell this time and wait until someone answers!
When hubby had PT there were several exercises that he only did once because they hurt him in some way. He has arthritis in all his joints so some exercises hurt his hips, some his ankles, etc. His therapists had no problem him not doing something. There are so many exercises to do there is always a different one.
 
Great news...I don't have to go back to work until Jan 6th:loveshwr:my short term disability finally approved my time off. My pay will go to 80% for the next 3.5 weeks but it will be worth it to have the extra time and I am thankful tor the 80%. I can finish out most of my PT and get through the holidays hopefully without overdoing it too much.
 
@Clipless I I'll not try that exercise ever again. My (left) un operated knee is better today still some popping but minimal. Both knees were sore and woke me up during the night. Like you my other knee will need replaced at some point. It is as bad as the right knee being bone on bone but not yet symptomatic and I would like to keep it that way. I am hoping for 2 years but am probably being optimistic.

@tiredwife sorry you hubby has arthritis in all his joints. I have it in several joints as well as the RA in my hands and feet. This was the only exercise so far that caused pain. My hands hurt some when using the walker and cane but I expected that. You are right about there being so many exercises, they simply had me do something else. I love my PT!
 
@Minnie's knees Glad you have such a great PT. I think hubby's thumbs often hurt the worse of all the joints. He has learned to hold tools and pens differently because of it.
 
@Minnie's knees, great news having off until the 6th. Now you can concentrate on your PT and Christmas!! Just remember to take care of yourself and rest, ice and elevate when you need it.
Squats can really do a number on your knee, especially if your knee is too far over your toe. Luckily they never had me do squats at PT and I waited a long time before doing them at the gym, and even then I didn't go down too far. I hope your knees feel better soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom