Guest viewing is limited

TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Rheumie freaked on me last year when mine was 65. Ok now, listen to me. When mine spiked I did some research and this really worked for me so please try it. Go to GNC. They have a supplement there called Preventative Nutrition Liver Health Formula. Get some of that. Also, get some Milk Thistle supplements. That combo brought my numbers both back well into the healthy levels within a month. If you don't have a GNC nearby go to any pharmacy, Walmart, Target, Meijer, whatever you have there and at least get the Milk Thistle. Once I got my numbers back down I started taking only the Milk Thistle and my numbers have stayed down (although I haven't been tested now since July) in the normal range. By stopping the narcotics, Tylenol and all NSAID's and taking these supplements you should get pretty quick improvement. Please try this!

@Minnie's knees I know gr82cu2 is trying to help, but I must advise you not to take any supplements without the complete approval of your surgeon and your GP (and any other doctors you have on your team). These products can have interactions with other medications or can sometimes completely alter how prescription medications work. This is not a time to self-medicate.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the ice helps. And like Jamie said, please don't self medicate. You could always ask your doc if you're interested in supplements, but it could be that the doc will want to see your levels without the pain meds as a way of determining if that in fact seems to be the cause of the trouble. If you start adding in other stuff without telling him, that could confuse the results of your next labs. Just thinking out loud here. With something this serious especially, your doc is the one to consult with.
In any case, wishing you happy :ice: a calm knee and a liver returning to normal quickly :console2:
 
@Minnie's knees

Hello Kathy,

Hope that you are comfortable this Sunday. It's about 7:30 pm here, so afternoon where you are.
Hoping that your next LFT results will show a decrease in your levels.

Thinking of you ,
Cathie
 
@gr82cu2 @marmora I am doing okay. 48 hours now with no pain meds. Noticed more swelling around scar area last night and this morning, so icing for both swelling and pain. I will have blood work redone tomorrow morning so hopefully I will get results by afternoon. My Dr is off this week for Thanksgiving holiday so I will speak with one of her partners for the results. If they are better we will know it's the pain meds and nothing else. I had an ultrasound of my liver last year and was diagnosed with a fatty liver but nothing else was found.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have been watching tv, reading and played monopoly with the granddaughters.
 
I think you are doing wonderfully well with this latest challenge!!! Good for you.

Your use of ice as much as possible for any pain and swelling is exactly the right thing to do. I hope it continues to work for you. And here's hoping also that things settle down with your test results. I know that will be a huge relief for you mentally!!
 
@Minnie's knees

Kathy,

Very warming to my heart to read your post. You have a very positive attitude.
Enjoy playingMonopoly with yourGranddaughters and hope you land in "Park Place" .

Thinking of you,
Cathie
 
You're doing great, Kathy! You are my hero for getting through these past days with no pain meds at all. I can't imagine. Don't forget when you talk to the doctor tomorrow to ask about the NMES. Today we went to our son's for our Thanksgiving and before we left I put the electrodes on my knee and took the electronic unit. After we were there awhile and it began to hurt worse I plugged 'er in and got through a long dinner with my leg down. It's not the greatest but it does help and is certainly better than nothing. Good luck tomorrow!
 
@Minnie's knees

Good Morning Kathy,

Hope that you had a comfortable night & will be thinks of you today when you have your repeat LFT blood work.
Fingers crossed for a good result.

Take care and will be thinking of you.

Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom