TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@marmora good morning/afternoon to you. Thank you for thinking about me today. I have just returned home from my blood work. I hope to get the results sometime this afternoon. I too have my fingers crossed for good results. Even if it's good, I'm sure they will say no pain meds which is very uncomfortable. But I would like to be out of danger zone with the liver. I'll post as soon as I know something. I hope you are having a great day.
 
@gr82cu2 I will see OS next Monday and will ask about NMES. Both OS and RA off this week for Thanksgiving. My RA was so concerned about the LFT's on Friday that I'm sure she will say no pain meds so definitely willing to try NMES if Dr will order so insurance will pay.
 
My blood sugars have been in the normal range for 2 mornings in a row now. :yes!: Big relief as they too had been at very high levels.

And surprisingly I managed to sleep 7 hours only getting up for potty one time. I am starting to be able to sleep on my side for a couple of hours which is helping.

It's been a long 72 hours with no meds but I had no choice. Prayers and positive thoughts are helping as it really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be and for that I am grateful.

 
@Minnie's knees

Please let us know when you have the result of your blood work and fingers crossed that the levels are heading down. It must be very uncomfortable for you without pain relief medication.
The liver function out rules additional medication, so you will have to wait and see.

Trying to stay distracted can be difficult, as I m sure that your granddaughters aren't around to play Monopoly with you today.

Thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Kathy, my fingers and toes are all crossed for you that you have a good report from your blood test. The lower sugars sounds encouraging. Do you think the meds could have been affecting that too? I'll be watching for your report on your LFT.
 
It's been a long 72 hours with no meds but I had no choice. Prayers and positive thoughts are helping as it really hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be and for that I am grateful.
I'm so glad it's been tolerable, Kathy. Not an ideal situation, but look how well you're handling it! :ice: I hope everything improves for you, and that your blood tests reflect that improvement.
 
I finally got a call back from my drs office. My LFTs are down from 600 to 232! They are still elevated but no longer in danger zone for acute liver failure. I am so relieved.

The on call Dr advised to use any pain meds very sparingly and only if absolutely necessary. I will follow up with my Dr next week to find out when she wants to recheck LFTs.

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. They were very much appreciated.
 
@Minnie's knees, fantastic news!!!!!!!!! You have done such a great job. You had said before you know that they won't want you to use anymore pain meds, but it is nice to know that if your pain gets unbearable, to can use your meds sparingly. I think you should get a special crown for this!!!!!! MOM?????????
 
Wow, good work!
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
Keep hanging in there!
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
 
Not sure if your surgeon or GP told you, but higher blood sugars typically follow surgery for diabetics. I'm certainly glad yours are back in the normal range now. And great news about your other tests.
 
My LFTs are down from 600 to 232!
Yes!!! The power of prayer works once again :) I'm so happy to hear this Kathy. Good for you and congrats on the good news. That is an amazing drop in just a few days. May it continue to drop and go down to normal ranges. For this I pray for you. (((Hugs))))
 
@Celle @keeper @PrincessTia @Clipless Thank you. The high LFTs didn't give me much choice. I can live with pain but I can't live without a liver :)

@Jamie none of my drs mentioned the blood sugars in relation to surgery until they were out of control. They were up around 400 several times when they should be around 150 or less. I almost passed out at OS follow up visit which got their attention quickly and I ended up on insulin. They are now staying between 120 and as high as 200 which is much better and about where I was before the surgery.
 
@ConnieJOS I have used the voltren gel 3x when the pain was at the worst and it did seem to help. I did not put it on the scar as I had not spoken to OS but I don't really have any pain on the scar mine seems to be mostly on the inside of my knee and behind it. Be sure to ask your OS about it. My RA said it is much better for the liver than the oral pain meds.

@Yorkimom I agree about the pain meds but I am scared to take any right now as the LFT's are still a long way from normal. Funny how it works though as my knee hurt worse last night than it has in 3 days :sad:. I think it was because I knew I could take the pain meds. I didn't as it really wasn't bad enough but one of those mental things like having to fast after midnight and you suddenly feel so hungry at 12:01 am.

@gr82cu2 The power of prayer is tremendous! I wasn't sure what to expect as far as the drop and was very surprised and relieved that it had gone down so much in only 3 days. It took 3 phone calls to get the results. I felt like I was getting the run around as my Dr is out and everyone I talked to told me something different. Finally at 4:30pm I got a little frustrated and asked if I needed to go in to be able to speak to someone. One of the nurses finally called back with the results a little while later.

Again thank you to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, encouragement and support when I needed it the most. The pain I have endured is minor compared to the concern of being in a danger zone for acute liver failure. It was a very scary weekend for me and I am glad it is over and that I have so many wonderful friends here on Bonesmart. :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom