TKR Minnes new knee and MUA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife Thank you, that's exactly how I felt when I finally got the results yesterday. At least enduring the pain with out meds was worth it to have the lower LFT's. I haven't been getting many alerts either and the last few days were stressful so wasn't on the boards as much. So today I am visiting many threads today to catch up. It feels like I am following you around today on the threads. I am not stalking I promise :heehee:
 
I still get confused about how all this works. But hasn't it always been that we only get alerts if we are tagged in a post or if someone posts in a thread we are watching? I've wondered, because it seems like when I post in my own thread, if I don't tag people, sometimes it gets no response at all so I assume no one saw it. I think this is a very complicated forum. There are so many of us that seem to be chatting as a group, but for all to see we have to type all those tags at the top, and then it's so easy to leave someone out. (Isn't it @madinana ?) So between alerts, tags, watched threads, watched forums, and "following" people it's hard to know the best way to navigate.
 
it seems like when I post in my own thread, if I don't tag people, sometimes it gets no response at all so I assume no one saw it.

I read many people's posts, but I don't reply to them all. Sometimes there just isn't much to say. I don't think you can assume that no one has read your posts.

If you feel you aren't getting alerts, click on your user name (top, right hand of page) and select Alert Preferences from teh drop-down list.
There you can choose when to get alerts - just tick the box beside the options you want. the options are:
Receive an alert when someone...
  • Replies to a watched thread
    Someone replies to a thread you are watching

  • Attaches a file to a watched thread
    Someone replies and attaches a file to a thread you are watching

  • Quotes your message
    Someone directly quotes one of your messages in a thread

  • Tags you in a message
    Someone tags you in a message

  • Likes your message
    Someone likes one of your messages in a thread

and there are several more options below that.
You only get an alert for the options where you have ticked that box.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife - have you selected to receive those alerts in your Alert Options? I don't think you receive them automatically unless you select that option.

If you have selected that option, perhaps we need to ask one of the techie people if there is an explanation. There have been a few glitches with the updates of the site.
 
@Celle Yep, but doesn't bother me too much though, I realize there are a whole lot of people on this forum and sometimes things are going to get lost in the shuffle.
 
I realized yesterday that I don't have much to wear when I go back to work. Because I have lost 32lbs (19 before the surgery and 13 since the surgery) and almost all of my clothes are so big on me. I have a few shirts, a few pair of jeans (that were previously too tight) and the tee shirt pants that I have been wearing to PT. So what do I do....I join the ODIC :cry: (don't tell mom @tiredwife as she will yell at me). I went shopping in a few stores and out to lunch :heehee: I found 3 pair of soft casual pants, 5 shirts and a pair of black flat casual shoes. I need a couple more pair of pants and should be okay for a few weeks until my jeans no longer irritate the scar.
I am now :elevate: and :ice: I guess @madinana is rubbing off on me :rotfl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@madinana thank you, I worked hard for the 19lbs before surgery and the 13lbs since has just dropped off as my appetite decreased. I just have to be careful when my appetite picks back up as I don't want to gain any weight back. I still need to lose another 35lbs.
 
OMG, Kathy, I can't believe you did all that shopping!
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA


I was feeling accomplished yesterday when I went outside and pulled in my garbage can from the curb. (It only took 15 minutes!
[Bonesmart.org] Minnes new knee and MUA
) Plus I'm still using the walker.

Wise of you to elevate and ice already; I hope you don't end up paying for your ODIC membership tomorrow. At least you have some clothes now! :)
 
I already yelled at you
@tiredwife
I saw that on your thread and I deserved it. :sad: But it feels good to have some new clothes to wear when I have to go back to work and I got some really good savings which is why I went today. I am cheap when it comes to buying clothes for myself. And with hoping to lose more, I didn't want to spend too much.
 
@PrincessTia I probably shouldn't have done as much as I did but it just happened and I ended up at 3 different stores. My hubby was driving and hates shopping so I had to bribe him with lunch.

I still use my walker at home when I am tired or hurting and sometimes at night. I am still getting used to the cane. I can walk better without the cane but I get tired very easily. I am going to therapy 3 times a week so it is making me get out of the house. I am going up and down stairs 1-2 times a day but straight leg as my ROM is not very good yet.

We will both get there in good time. Slow and steady wins the race.
 
Kathy, that's great on the weight loss! Whoohoo, you go girl! New clothes are fun and more fun when you need them because your old clothes are too BIG! I don't know how you got through that shopping trip though. It wore me out just reading about it.

I've been using my cane more this time than last. I think it helps with my extension more than anything. I've been trying to concentrate on taking full strides and straightening my leg good with each step. Without it I tend to limp more. I don't like the walker. It hurts my back.
 
@Minnie's knees WooHoo on the Dr. and the weight loss! And shopping is a good thing if you don't over do!! You will be my inspiration for weight loss - I must get going so I am lighter for next surgery, and for ever!

Keep icing, elevating and use the cane or walker just to help keep you from developing bad habits!
 
@gr82cu2 @Ollie thank you. The weight loss feels good. My Dr suggested very nicely that if I could lose 25lbs it would be optimal for best results long term on my knee. My Dr told me that 5lbs off the belly is 25lbs pressure off the knees (not sure if that is true or not) I was disappointed that I didn't make it before surgery but very pleased where I am at now. As far as the shopping I got tired but wasn't hurting. Luckily this morning I only have minimal swelling and discomfort but not much worse than usual. Especially with no pain meds or Tylenol in last 5 days. I decided not to take any thing unless it is really bad to keep the LFTs going down.

I tend to limp with my cane but without it I don't. I'll be glad when I don't need it at all but that will be awhile I guess.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom