Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aah, thank you, Pat @robynhood. I can't believe where the time goes.

Have just posted on your thread, wishing you a lovely day on Sunday. Great to hear you are feeling great :xmas-win:
 
@KathyH I'm so glad to hear from you and all is going well for you! You just put a huge smile on my face with that picture of your little Rayan!:) He's so adorable, and he seems to enjoy his mouth a little messy and having his picture taken that way. What a sweetie! That smile is infectious! Oh I believe that he will enjoy Christmas very much, and so will grandma and grandpa.:)

I like the idea of the Moonwalk, and yes indeed it is for a great cause! I hope you continue to enjoy your new life my friend!

I wish you and yours a merry Christmas and a very healthy and Happy New Year kiddo! :xmas-merry:
 
There is an RA thread in the social room for those of us who might want to compare meds etc. I have been on plaquenil for many years & make sure I see my opthalmologist regularly.
 
Thanks to everyone for the Plaquenil information. My optomologist already made an appointment to see me in 3 months after I first started the drug. He said the combination I am on could cause cataracts too. Just can't win some days!

I saw the Dr. on Monday and the vasculitis ( shows up as red dots on my legs) was very clear. So they lowered the prednisone. Got up this morning and my legs are covered in large and small dots. The lupus is attacking the capillaries and they seep blood just under the skin. Not a pretty sight and I am getting tired of it all. I fear that there is no real control for this. I have written about this in this thread ,
Red dots...Do I have an allergy to my TKR??.
 
Jackie - so great to hear all is well with the "kids" - hard to believe they are already a year and a half! Mine just turned a year, and like you, I am so glad I had it done and happy with the results. Kneeling is still odd to me as well since there are still patches of numbness on the knees - OS says that should go away in the next 6 months. Ice and snow! Don't envy you folks that! (Though my daughter in Boston has been loving her first snowstorms! Just wait till it gets dark and slushy!)

Wishing you all a lovely Christmas and may EVERY Bonesmartie find perfect healing in their stockings this year!:xmas-kitty:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Mimi My goodness Mimi, you have been, and still going through help! (((HUGS))) I just finished reading your thread, and can't believe that rash you developed. Please take care and let us know have you're doing. We care!
 
@NightQuilter Thank you Lynn! I'm so happy to hear that both your new knees are treating you well too! I suspect that your daughter will be fed up with the snow and cold dark days of the New England winter before long.

I wish you a very :mer xm: as well kiddo, and continued healing to you my BoneSmartie friend!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Hope you and yours have had a wonderful Christmas holiday with lots of family fellowship and sharing of gifts and lots of good food to eat.


I’ll be looking for you at the BoneSmart annual New Year’s Party. It’s been a very eventful year for most of us---and will be a very eventful year coming up for others of us looking forward to surgery in the new year.


Remember to bring food and drink to share---and pictures are always appreciated and loads of fun to share.


SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
bottomshollow
 
@bottomshollow Thank you Judy, I hope to see you at the NY's party too! I hope all is well with you and hubby, I know it's been a trying year and I wish you the best in the coming year my BoneSmartie friend! <3
 
Jackie, glad that you are doing well. We've had a little icy weather in Asheville (NC), but not much. I tend to "hang onto" the top of the car as I ease my way around to my side to get in. Of course, if I slip, holding onto the top of the car won't do any good, but it's reassuring. I'm 20 months out now. It's hard to believe that we're coming up on 2 years. Magrat (right knee) is doing well - mostly the same quirks that others have said, but MUCH better than before the surgery.

Hope that you (and everyone) had a wonderful Christmas. Oh, yes. Happy New Year's Eve.
 
@Organist Hi Becky it's so nice to hear from you again. I can understand why hanging onto the top of the car can be reassuring. Anything we can do to get the peace of mind is all good. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well except for a few quirks, and you're so right it is much better than before the surgery thank goodness! Coming up on two years?, where has the time gone! Can you imagine if we didn't bite the bullet and had this done we'd still be in that god awful pain!:yikes:

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well. I wish you and yours a very healthy and happy New Year my BoneSmartie friend! Stay well!
 
Dropped by to wish you a Happy New Year and I hope that it brings you nothing but fanstic luck.
 
@tashia Thank you girl! I so wish that you have a great 2014 as well my BoneSmartie friend! Stay well kiddo! I wish you the best in health and happiness in the New Year!
 
@KathyH Thank you Kathy! I certainly hope you had a great Christmas as well, and I also wish you the best of health and happiness in this New Year!
 
Thank you, Jacky. It's always such a pleasure to see you on here. You always perk me up.

I had a busy and hectic, but good Christmas. Last night was the first night Ray and I slept in our own bed for eight nights! I wouldn't have it any other way though.
 
Yes Kathy, Debbie started a new thread in the social room "coffee klatch" it's a thread to discuss anything that comes to mind. She is leave for AZ tomorrow to escape the cold winter months. She also started a thread for weight loss.
 
Jacky48, I am glad that you had a good New Year. I am so glad that your joints are doing great. They did twite that they wanted another trip to Diseny. Hee, Hee, All my joints are getting ready to get another friend. I guess I should name them. I will have to come up with four names. They are now in the process of planning a farewell party for their oldest friend. Im sure they will tell everyone on this. Take care and keep warm with this weather. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom