Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jacky Hope you had a good New Year and Christmas. Here's wishing continued progress on those knees of yours. Maybe do some more travelling as you seem to enjoy it. Just wishing you and hubby and all your family the best year yet. Take care :yay::angel:
 
@tashia Thanks Tashia! I don't know if these little rascals will get another trip to Disney, because I don't think the rest of my body can take it! Hahaha... When do you think you'll be going in for your left hip?

I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year my friend! Stay well!
 
Jacky48, There are days that my joints do better than my body also. I go in the 25 of February for my last new joint. I wish it was already there. Take care and do be careful with all this weather. Tashia
 
Hi @Jacky48 I've definitely felt my body has slowed down this year. Anno Domini? Maybe. Stress is a likely factor, too, considering the year we had in 2013. That, and a deteriorating left knee, which I'll probably have replaced towards the end of this year.
 
Wow, it's been a while since I've been home here on BoneSmart! Norm and I were driving around yesterday and I just screeched out "OMG, it was two years yesterday June 1st that I had my knees done!", we couldn't believe that we forgot that. It's not because I don't feel them, because I do, at times they're stiff and it still feels like there's a tight band around them, but mostly the left one. He has always been my problem child. That being said, I think the reason I forget about them for the most part is because I don't have that god awful "bone on bone" pain 24/7 that I had before I got them replaced. So for this I am forever great full for having the opportunity to be able to take advantage of the wonderful technology of knee replacements!:yay: And, I will forever be great full to the BoneSmart family for helping me get through it. Every single one of us has a different story for the same issue, which allowed me to go into this adventure with my eyes wide open, and a full understand of what I could expect. Without the BoneSmart family I would have gone on this wild ride of replacements in the blind, and I for one do not like to do anything in the blind! Good or bad, I would rather know what I'm facing and deal with the ups and downs! Only the BoneSmart family could have done that for me, and that you all did! A big "THANK YOU" to you all my friends!

Stay well and enjoy your new world!:loveshwr:​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for posting back---and congratulations on your two-year anniversary!

Your post is filled with energy and with power---something that others, going through the tough times of recovery, need to read---and I thank you for your honesty and for coming back!

Please keep coming back if you have the time and post---it would be a big help to those going through the dark days of recovery!

Here is hoping that the tight-band feeling disappears in the days to come.

From one BTKR alumnus to another, I am glad to hear from you again!
 
(((((((((Jacky))))))))) Happy 2 year Anniversary.... I have not been on this board for so long, but I do get emails once in awhile if someone posts that I use to post to. So just had to come in here and say hi and glad you are doing well. For me, my knee and hip are doing GREAT and I guess that is why I find I don't need to come in here so much. This was a great place to come when we all need the help. In fact I just recommended it for someone that had a partial knee replacement. How is your neck doing and Norm's back? You take care now.
 
@Jacky48 -
Happy Second Birthday to Mickey and Minnie! Thank you for sharing your story with newbies and other BoneSmart buddies. Starting this journey with eyes wide open and armed with information is the only way to go. Thanks again!
 
@EmptyHands Thank you so much for your kind words my BTKR buddy! I see you're new out of the gate with your replacements. It will be a challenge for a while, however you will find that with time and patience you will be very pleased with your decision. Stay well my friend, and take it slow!:chillpill:
 
@Debbie_joints Hey Deb nice to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that your knee and hip are still treating you well. As for my neck, since I started with the chiropractor it been soooo much better. I now only see him once a month for maintenance. Norm's back went out of whack again right after we got back from Myrtle Beach in February. He's had two more epidural so far and looking to get another one soon. We're thinking that it's our mattress, even though it's fairly new (memory foam) we went out yesterday and bought a GS Stern plush mattress. The minute he laid on it on his back, he didn't have any pain. We're thinking the memory foam one is just too firm. I hope Dave's neck is still doing okay. Stay well kiddo and thanks for checking in I think of you often.
 
Jacky, thanks for your post. It reminded me that we went through the recovery time together for quite awhile - and that it's been to long since I've posted. Glad that the new mattress is helping Norm's back. Hope that it continues to help, and that the chiropractor continues to help your neck with the maintenance visits.

I agree with you on about being 2 years out. As of June 10th, I can celebrate 2 years and 2 months. I don't remember what I was doing on April 10th, but I remembered the date sometime that week. I'm still soooo thankful to have had RTKR. Magrat reminds me that she's there occasionally, but usually with a minor twitch or something like that. It is soooo much better than the agonizing pain of bone-on-bone.

:friends::flwrysmile:
 
@Organist Thanks Becky! It's nice to hear from you again. I hope everything continues to go well for you.

We don't get the new mattress until Saturday, but we certainly hope it does the trick for both our aging bodies.

Stay well kiddo!
 
Hi Jacky,
Great to hear from you and to hear you are doing so well. Hope the neck and back issues clear up for you two soon. Friday will be my 3 year anniversary and the knee is doing just great. I really don't even think about it much anymore had you not written I probably would have forgotten the anniversary. The back is also treating me pretty well, gets a little testy now and then but so much better than before surgery. Miss hearing from you and like all the others I do not get on here much unless I see a message.
Rose
 
Jackie!! :wowspring:Wonderful to hear from you. Your points about going into this with an idea of what to expect and the support of so many is exactly right. You and Deb were two that carried me through, and I thank you! So glad to hear your good report. My right is now 18 1/2 months and leftie will be turning 18 on June 17th. Both send you their regards as they too, are very happy. Like you, I am so grateful for the technology that has allowed to recover most normalcy of life and grateful to our fellow BoneSmart travelers who helped us along the way!

BoneSmart needs to give us a birthday cake emoticon and some birthday candle to put on it!! Happy belated 2nd birthday greetings!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom