Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunshine in nc Thank you sunshine! I'm so glad to hear from you, and how well you're doing my friend! My goodness can you believe a year has gone by already! Yes we are lucky to have this behind us with such great outcomes, and no more bone on bone pain! I can see less stress lines in my face already! :snork:

Happy 1 year to you too kiddo! Stay well!
 
Hi Jackie, I don't think I will be going to a rehab hospital. As a painter and freshly graduated student that sounds a bit pricey....
But I live in a beautiful, peaceful, quiet apartment that looks west over a park. There are grab bars installed in my washroom as it is mostly seniors here. In the lobby of my apartment there are often what I call "Walker parties".
Thanks for your reply. Your posts are always so humorous they definitely left the mood of newbies line me!
 
Ooops, I have not been on here for a while and missed your one year anniversary, Jacky. But belated knee greetings to you my dear friend :flwrysmile:
 
Today I had my one year (actually 13 months & 11 days) check up with my OS, and all is well! My X-rays show that everything is in it's place, as it should be and the glue is holding up well. On Minnie I have an area of scar tissue at the very top of the incision. If the knee is bent you can't see it but if the leg is straight it kind of puckers up in that spot. I asked him if I massage it will it eventually go away, and he said, probably not at this point, but I could always go in there and cut it away. :yikes: I said, oh no thank you, I don't plan on doing any modeling commercials any time soon! :heehee: On Mickey I have a pocket of fluid build up on the inside of the knee. I asked if that would ever go away and he said, probably not because as we get older (there goes that old stuff again! :skep: ) our tissue tends to get mushy and fluid follows the path! Other than those two little things, which are really insignificant to me, I am 100% happy when my new pain-free knees, and I told him so, I also told him that I can't thank him enough for giving me my life back, and that he is my hero, great job! I don't have to go back to see him for two years, unless of course something goes wrong and we both shook our heads to that one!

That's my story and I'm stick'n to it! :martini:
 
Jacky,
That's a great story and I would stick to it, too. Congrats on such a wonderful report, and may the future hold only the best for you my friend. Isn't life great when you are able to live it.
 
Thanks Rose! I totally agree with you my friend, life is is great when we are able to live it! :friends:
 
Hi Jacky,
Congratulations on a good report from your OS!

So, you have a couple of minor issues - but it's all such a vast improvement on the pre-op condition. I can see that you aren't going to stress over them.

Best wishes, :flwrysmile:
Caryl
 
Thanks Caryl! I am so please how this all turned out that small issues are not worth my energy, I totally agree with you! Life is good being knee pain free! I am one happy camper my friend! :)
 
carry on camping good for you, been away for 3 weeks now moving tommorow somewhere else near sea stay for 3 weeks move again. KNEES NO BOTHER tree climbing swimming and WALKING, in luxury tonight staying at daughters for night looking after kids back to van tommorow.Hope you have good summer .
 
Good to see you back, Jackie. Though I understand you have been posting on other's threads. I do tend to stick to my regular friends, as there are new people all the time. It's not that I don't care about the newbies, but working full time and so much going on for me this year, I just don't have the time to talk to everyone, but I do try and support the occasional newbie.

:cheers:
 
KathyH I know what you mean Kathy, working full time does take a big chunk out of your life! I can honestly say, I don't miss it! :no-fin:
You do have a very full and wonderful year this year that for sure, a brand spankie new grand baby, and two weddings it's all very sweet and time consuming. Enjoy my friend! :friends:
 
Happy knee-versary Jacky girl!!!!! Oh time sure flys!! Hopefully in another few months, I can thank my surgeon for giving me two nice pain free knees too!
 
Titianlady Thank you Toni! I'm sure you will be thanking your surgeon. Can you believe it's been one whole year for your right knee, time does fly for sure!
 
I'm feeling a lot better today Jacky.. I spent yesterday in bed all day not using my knee at all. It made a big difference! I just need to spend more time off my leg than I have been. The swelling has gone down so much. Now it's just the tight band feeling, and I know that will go away for sure with a bit more time.

Take care my dear friend!!
 
Just caught up with your thread Jacky. So pleased your 12month plus appointment went so well. You seem like youre having a new lease of life now which is amazing. Its so good to read these happy posts. Its all over for you now. Just onwards and upwards now. Where have I heard that before. Sending you hugs x x x x
 
Titianlady Toni I'm happy to hear that the swelling is finally retreating, but that's only on the outside, that tight band you feel is partly the swelling on the inside and that takes patience too. You're only a month out of your replacement, so it certainly will get better as you well know albeit different from your first one. Some kids need more attention! :shrug:
 
robynhood Pat, it is wonderful to be that blessed one year post op. However you know how it is with this aging process, it doesn't let us sit on our pain free moments too long, today I can barely walk because of excruciating arthritis pain at the base of my big toe on my left foot, and that my friend makes me whine a lot! Norm has been hear a lot lately since last week it was in the base of both my thumbs. So I feel very lucky when the grime reaper of aging leaves me alone for a while. And yes this wise woman I know say "Onward and Upward"! :thumb:
 
Jacky, I was gone when you posted your OS visit. And I get no notices of any kind. So as my surgeon said, the knees are never perfect because they aren't natural knees, but it sounds like you had a great one year report! I think I have lots of squishy spots myself. I'm sorry about your toe pain, and I sure do relate with that! My foot is still tender and achy, but I'm still able to walk okay with it now. I hope it settles down for you. It's always something after a certain age, but with two friends on their death beds at the moment, we'll take the age stuff and go with it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom