Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Anniversary to Mickey and Minney!
Jacky, you have come such a long way - well done you:flwrysmile: .
 
What a great one year update! Can I just copy it? No, I guess not, everyone's story is unique! Your's is mighty good, and I concur, it would have been a very long year without Bonesmart, and special thanks to you for this past year recovery buddy! Let's get through another year together and really put recovery behind us as we share our new life/knee experiences with new and old Bonesmarties alike!
 
turtle68 Thanks Turtle! I hope you're coming along well, being a little over 3 months can be frustrating at time, but hang in there kiddo! I must go find your thread and see how things are with you. Take care and go slow my BoneSmartie friend!
 
Phoenixx29 Thank you Phoenixx! I see you jumped in with both knees too, and you seem to be doing really well! You're still in the very early stages so be kind to yourself and sleep all you want! :sleep:
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKEY AND MINNIE!!!!! You have done soo well! You've given Jacky her life back, and made sure she enjoyed her dream vacation.

Jacky girl, well done!!
 
Janet2012 Thanks Janet! You're too funny! Trust me you don't need to copy my story, because you have a perfectly good recovery story of your own my BTKR friend! You my friend have kept me going throughout this past year by sharing your experience, you've made me laugh and sometime tears have flown, and sometimes you made me laugh so hard tears would be running down my face, in reading similarities in our recovery. I am in for another year my friend! Forward and beyond kiddo!
 
Titianlady Thank you Toni! The count down is on for your next new knee kiddo! You'll be so happy when that part is done! I can't wait to read your experience with your left knee my friend! Stay well, we wouldn't want anything to get in the way of getting this done you've waited long enough Toni! :friends:
 
Thank you Jacky48. Yup, two weeks to go! Hey!! You can help me find a title for my recovery thread!! I'll get it set up in the recovery section right before I go!
 
Titianlady Wow Toni, that's quite an honor! A few titles came to mind when I read that, now please keep in mind you don't have to use these, just to give you some ideas.
Because your avatar is pretty hot and you said your hubby sees you this way, I would say "Two new knees, and Hot to Trot". Another one that comes to mind is "Two new knees, and moving forward". And "Nothing's going to stop me now!". I hope this helps you my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky,
Happy Anniversay to you, Mickie and Minnie. Time really does fly when life is treating us good. You have come so far is so little time. I am so happy for you on this special day my special friend.
 
karmigirl Thank you so much Rose! It has been great knowing you this past year and you have been such an uplifting friend throughout my recovery year, especially when you've had your own challenges! I appreciate your friendship my friend!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! I just had to share these! The fist one is one of my favorites, Norm standing at the front of the ship, on the 8th floor of the Zaandam in Glacier Bay.
The second two really caught my eye, Medenhall Glacier, Juneau, AK. The blue color you see means that that piece just fell of and when the oxygen does its magic the blue color will be all gone, within about 24 hours.
 
Hey Jacky a bit late but Happy Anniversary for Mickey and Minnie!! Wow you are doing wonderful! So happy for you my friend!

I am glad you guys got to go enjoy your trip to Alaska. My youngest lives in Juneau and she has been there for about 3 years now, and just loves it. She met her husband there, and they just celebrated their first wedding anniversary! And my oldest granddaughter just moved to live with her Aunt about 2 weeks ago. She is loving it too! But I think with my granddaughter, she is just loving being with her favorite aunty!
Your recovery seems to have gone really smoothly. My LTKR is now 9 mos old. It still gets stiff and sore, but tolerable. I will be glad when the stiffness after any activity finally stops. Who knows, maybe that is going stick around for a bit longer. Its not anything terrible, but annoying. The right knee right now is very unhappy. I am going to get it injected on Wednesday. The last shot lasted over 6 mos, so hoping this one will too. Becuz I am no where ready to do this again. I have too many health issues to do this anytime soon. I wish I would have done both now, cuz I know what it entails, and I don't want to do it again. But....the knee might decide differently.

So happy to hear how well you are doing! Keep up the good work. I sure do miss all our buddies who got their knees done about the same time of year (summer and fall 2012). Hugs!

PS: @Titanlady aka Tony, good luck with your next surgery! Hugs to you too!
 
Congrats Jacky! You have come such a long way in this year! :yay: Only problem I have is the "The End"....this is only "the beginning" of bigger and better adventures with your year old twins!:cheers:
 
Mimi "Only problem I have is the "The End" Oh No Mimi, I didn't mean THAT "The End", just the end of my story! This certainly means the the beginning to me! I keep telling Norm, we have 10 years of new passports to use up!:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom