Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reetpteet, you're right, who said life was fair, for sure and that goes along with, they never promised us a rose garden! ;)
Where did you find your little "smileys"?
 
They're back on the message tool bar; but there's no scroll bar, :gaah: so you can't get to all of them. I'm sure this will get fixed along with any other glitches we find with this change.:SUNsmile: And we have new ones. too. :spin:
 
Thanks for the smiles :yes: Now if I can find edit, my posts may make some sense :wink:
 
Jacky, in the box you type your post in--look at the tool bar line where it has Font Type, Font Size etc. you will see a smiley face with a little down arrow beside him-click the face or the arrow to bring up the smilies and click the arrow you close the box.
 
Judy, as I'm typing my post in this box, however I don't have a tool bar showing up yet in this box, so maybe it's yet to come with time. I'll keep checking. Thanks!
 
Jacky, hopefully your link will update soon and show the smiley face, along with the font size, etc.
 
Hi Jacky, I've been off the new forum all day, just figured part of it out. I'm so sorry about your toe! What a disappointment to not just be able to enjoy the new knee glow! I have a neuroma or something in my foot that I am carefully keeping from hurting by wearing the right shoe support at all times when I'm on my feet. What good Are new knees when you can't step on your foot! I do hope this is quickly resolved for you!!
 
Jacky.....don't discount the use of Celebrex if that is what your doctor thinks is best. While it and ibuprofen (and naproxen -- Aleve) are all NSAIDs, Celecbrex is different and works differently in your body. My GP told me to use it instead of Aleve because it is easier on your stomach.
 
Jacky, I know you are comfortably enjoying being at home and doing well because we haven't heard from you today. Hope you are doing something really normal on Father's day! :)
 
Hi Becky, My tool bar finally showed up. I love all the new little faces! :whistle:

Hi Janet, This new format is a little tricky, especially when you throw a few new drugs into the mix! :sos: The toes is doing much better today so I'll see what this coming week brings, maybe it will go away for good! :yes!: We had our son, daughter-in-law & grandson over for pizza for father's day and I was walking much better, a lot of times without the cane. :snork: Now I'm resting in my recliner in the sunroom, as they say "all in moderation"! :ok: I hope your day is going well! You must be counting the hours before you go home! :umm:

Hi Jamie, I used to use Celebrex when I was 50 yrs old, when I was first diagnosed with RA & OA, for a couple of years and I came to realize that it really did not give me the pain relief any more than ibuprofen did so I got off it and stayed with ibuprofen, which had less side effects. Yesterday I took my last blood thinner and today I started my ibuprofen like I used it before my BTKR and hopefully it will kick in and do its magic! :angel: I do realize that Celebrex is a COX2 inhibitor, however it didn't cut the mustard for me. I am pleased that it does the trick for you! :yes!:
 
That makes sense, Jacky....ya gotta do what works!
 
I went to my OS this morning and he was not pleased with the leakage from Minnie's knee. He said he's never had that happen before, leave it up to me, and he said it's okay to shower even though it was leaking. He said it's better to wash the area often and dab it dry to keep the bacteria out, so needless to say the first thing I did when I got ome was hit the shower! Ahhhhhh! Good heavens, what an awesome feeling, sponge baths just doesn't cut it! :yahoo:
He had me do the blood work for gout, because of my big toe, and white cell count checking to make sure I don't have an infection brewing because of the leakage.
They took X-rays of my new knees and they are so beautifully aligned! Did I tell you guys that I LOVE them?! :yes!:
I hope everyone is doing well! :friends:
 
Hi Jacky,
I still have a hot, pink, tight spot from where my incision was leaking. Don’t know if that means anything or not? Did your doctor put you on antibiotics? I just finished mine yesterday. I’m not sure if they were necessary or he gave them to make me feel better. I don’t see the doctor till the end of the month, hopefully that spot will be gone by then.
PT came today and we walked outside for about 5 minutes with just a cane (she carried my other one in case I started to fade). Our street is a very slight incline and you’d think I just climbed Mt Kilimanjaro. Needed a nap after that.:sleep:
Glad to hear you’re doing so well. :thumb:
 
Morning Glory hi, yes I did start antibiotic right away when I was in rehab, when the leaking started, for precaution sake.
When did you have your tkr done, and how long did your leakage last?
 
My knee was done 5/31. The pink spot showed up on June 6 and the leaking started on the 7th and it lasted about 3 days. I saw one of my doctors assistants on the 8th and he wasn’t concerned. I think I saw in a post from Orthodoc that leaking isn’t all that uncommon, not sure where I saw that though.
 
Jacky, sorry to hear Minnie is still weepy, but those post surgery blues do sneak up! :heehee: SO happy you got to take a shower FINALLY! :cheers: :happydance:
 
Morning Glory, glad to hear your weeping didn't last too long!

Janet, LOL! Never thought of it that way after is is a girl an probably gets more emotional ! :cry: After all look at the body she ended up in and the humor she has to deal with the rest of her life! :rotfl: Mickey will probably just ignore me like a man usually does! He probably thinks no sense weeping, just look the other way or just WALK away! :loll:
 
Well, jokes on Mickey! Just let him try to walk away, you'll be right behind him, where ever he goes! LOL!
 
You two gals have got to stop meeting this way and carrying on so in pubic!!!!! You are both a hoot and together you're almost tooooooooo much!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom