Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl:. Hope Minnie got over her weepy episode and is starting to pull herself together.
 
Janet, good point I will always be behind Mickey is right! There is no escape! :loll:

Janet, too funny, us a set of Two Hooters! :rotfl: You and me a pair to be! OH MY! :friends:

Phoenixx, Minnie is still weeping, but just a very tiny bit of an amount, just enough to annoy me the little brat! :scratch: I don' have a cover on her so I just let her be in the open air hoping she'll dry up, however she's probably hoping that I dry up, because she continues to pool up in 2 very little spots. Sooner or later she's gotta give it up I would think!
 
I posted to the question, Are you suggesting we are Two Hooters?earlier today. Don't know where it went. My response was, "If the shirt fits, wear it.":rotfl:
 
Judy, way funny, however for me I'm afraid I'd have to wear a flack jacket instead of a tank top! :heehee:
 
I could wear the tank top, but I'd have to be careful of how much was showing below the shorts.
 
Janet, I almost fell of my recliner on that one! Your nap certainly did you good! :rotfl: seriously I just can't stop laughing!
 
Hi Jacky,
Just checking in on you and Janet. I'm so glad that you are both doing well and are having fun during your recovery. LOVE IT!!! Hi Janet!
 
Jacky48 said:
Janet, I almost fell of my recliner on that one! Your nap certainly did you good! :rotfl: seriously I just can't stop laughing!

Good grief, we can't have any falling at this point!

I'm trying out Forum Runner and it is quicker and easier, but there are no emoticons! I'm emoticonless!
 
Janet with that face I can't see you as emotionless!
I hope your day is going well! We are expecting near 100 degrees today here in Connecticut so it looks like a day inside in the air conditioning today. Shucky darn, and I was thinking of running a marathon in my recliner today but I guess it will be too hot for that! :heehee:
 
100! We are just in the mid 90's, but humid, as you probably are as well. I'm very glad to be inside today. I go out tomorrow to the OS, and it will be slightly cooler, closer to 90.

What are you doing about PT, if anything? I'm assuming he will order it, and I'm assuming it might start at three weeks, so next week. I am thinking to call and get on the schedule now. I'd like to see the same PT I saw before surgery.
 
Jackie: I am glad you are doing so well! Keep up the good work. Take is slowly and steadily and Mickie and Minnie will mature nicely!
 
Jackie: Congrats! I am glad you are doing so well. Take it slowly and steadily and do your exercises faithfully and Mickie and Minnie will come along nicely! i am 6 months post surgery and am doing great--you'll get there too!
 
Janet, I have my appointment with my OS on Friday morning and he'll probably tell me the next step then as far as PT is concerned. I do have a name of a very good PT in town, but if he, the OS, has any input I certainly will take it into consideration. If I remember correctly, I think he said PT won't start any earlier than 4-6 weeks after the surgery.

Linda, as for exercise right now I was given a sheet from rehab with gentle stretches, heel sides, leg lifts and quad strengthing exercises. And from the home PT girl that came for just one day she gave me a sheet with foot slides, toe lifts and a few others that were on the first sheet. All in all very gentle exercises.

Yesterday I was sitting down talking to the visiting nurse and when I went to get up and started to walk I got the sharpest pain in my quad in my right leg, Minnie, and oh boy was that not fun! The rest of the day it was difficult to raise my leg, even when I went to bed. I woke up this morning and it still was not right, however the more I walked around the house the better it got. Right now it's like it never happened.
So I guess all bad things do pass and life goes on! :yes!:

I don't look forward to more surprises, however when they do occur I will know, they to shall pass! :thumb:
 
Janet, I have my appointment with my OS on Friday morning and he'll probably tell me the next step then as far as PT is concerned. I do have a name of a very good PT in town, but if he, the OS, has any input I certainly will take it into consideration. If I remember correctly, I think he said PT won't start any earlier than 4-6 weeks after the surgery.

Now that is more like my experience! For me, apart from the gentle exercises I was shown in hospital, I had no formal PT until 4 weeks post-op. By that time, much of the swelling had gone and it was getting much easier to bend my knee.

You're ding very well. Best wishes for the rest of your recovery.

Celle
 
Thanks Celle, I say slow and easy I am not in a race and I don't want someone rushing me, because if things go haywire they are not the ones paying the price it will be me and I am not in the mood to impress anyone other than me and my babies! :)
I hope all is continuing to go well for you and your recovery! :thumb:
 
Jackie, you are such a good Bonesmartie:yay: You are doing exactly what you need to do for a great recovery.

I really feel that alot of my swelling and heat in my knee was due to being way too active with at home PT the first month. My PT guy and husband ( former PE teacher and personal trainer) were sabotoging me big time :groan: and I had not found bonesmart yet. So I followed along, all to my detriment. There were days that PT had me walking outside for 1/2 hour 2 weeks after surgery with the infection still going strong:sad:Then I was icing and elevating and dead the rest of the day.:boohoo:
You are so much smarter and farther ahead in your recovery than I was:cheers:
 
Mimi, Thanks, but I do owe it all to you and all the other BoneSmartie family members! :friends: If not for this forum I too would have listened to an aggressive PT person thinking, after all they must know what they are talking about, right?! However now I will think, they promote what they are taught, not what they have experienced! I'll be there to teach them that part! There will be learning on both sides, I guarantee! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom