Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jacky
You are doing so well - well done to you! I hope you are now tucked up at home and enjoying all the home comforts. Do expect different challenges in your home environment - some good and some not so good. Take care.
 
Yippee - home comforts. Your own bed, food, shower ...... what a treat, enjoy. Remember to work Smarter not Harder & all will be well. Happy homecoming :yes 4:
 
Ahhhhhhh!:ok: Perfect!! :thumb: Got home and what a sight for soar eyes! Really, the lights were so dim in my room at rehab even with every light on and the curtain open. When I got home I open the door to go in and everything was so bright, windows wide open to let fresh air in the house and the birds singing me there welcome home!:yes 4: I have died and gone to heaven with two brand spanky new knees!:yahoo: Minnie decided that she wanted to weep extra so in no time my Ted was soaked, awe shucky darn I had to remove it for washing!:wink1: I guess she didn't like all the excitement of getting in the car and into the house. Getting in the car was super easy and so was getting out of the car. I only used a cane for walking into and around the inside of house, which felt really comfortable.
Minnie's leakage finally subsided when I put a light compression gauze with surgical tape to hold it on the weeping area and sat down in my recliner with a hassock to prop my legs wish feels really good!:thumb:
Now the fun part! The medicines they send you home with! This reminded me of when I used to get a pill box for seven days a week, morn, noon, night and bed time for my mom and for my mother-in-law. Ohhhh, the memories! Norm went and bought me a pill box and it took me more than an hour to set myself up for my next seven days of pill taking! It's a lot easier when someone else does all the thinking.:biggrin: The pill box never even entered my mind when I was doing the prep work prior to my surgery, after all that's for old people, right?!:hysterical: The next thing learned since I got home is that the toilet seat and I are a match withou adjustments made!:thumb: Very important stuff!:th_heehee:
Oh yes I must not forget, my diet Pepsi in a normal glass! Small things make a big woman happy! :yay:
Thank you all for my homecoming well wishes!:friends: I just feel so goooood!:yes 4:
 
Jacky - I can't believe how much progress you've made. Well done! And yay to being home again!
 
I had a nice long wonderful nap in my own big bed with my wedge placed just so, this afternoon! :sleep: I worried that I would have a hard time getting in and out of bed, since it's a pretty high bed but everything worked out great! Minnie & Mickey were able to raise themselves high enough to place themselves on the wedge. Life is good so far, however I am still looking over my shoulder for an unexpected occurrence!:skeptical:
I hope all is well with my BoneSmart families!:friends:
 
I know what you mean by looking over your shoulder, but then again, when I do, I see a trip to the ER, having the epidural cancelled at the last minute, and having breast surgery, so maybe that's enough?
 
Don't keep looking over your shoulder---enjoy how well you are feeling and live in the moment! Don't anticipate the downers---let the roller coaster keep rolling and keep looking forward to the good and great times!
 
Yes Janet you did have enough plus some! So you used up your quota of mishaps!:friends: Now you must focus on all positive outcomes going forward!:thumb:
 
Hi Jacky!
Welcome home. You are doing SUPER!!!!! Thanks for the update, too. I must admit that I wondered about getting in and out of the car and getting in and out of bed. Your update was awesome! I know that I will be able to do it with one knee if you can with 2. Enjoy the weekend. The weather in southern NE is going to be beautiful! Perfect for open windows and cheery light.
 
Jacky you are super woman! :yay: I am so envious of you sleeping in your own bed first night home with 2 knees operated on. It took me 3 months with one knee to get there!!:sigh:

Onward and upward!:friends:
 
I think the pic is to be sure no one tries to say they are you using your insurance info,SS#,etc. to get treated. It's so hard for those of us who would never consider doing such a thing to realize that there are those out there who have no trouble or conscience about using someone else's identity and finances to get what they want.

That reminds me of another reason. Years ago my mother went into the hospital for an allergic reaction to some meds she had taken. She had a rash EVERYWHERE, and they wanted to make sure that her airways weren't affected. When the insurance coverage report was sent to her at home later, she saw that she was billed for a visit from a proctologist. At that point she called the insurance people and told them that she did NOT see a proctologist. She was in the hospital for an allergic reaction on "the other end". They checked and found out that while she was in the hospital there was another patient on the same floor with the same name. So, I guess pictures DO also come in handy for making sure the staff pick up the right folder on the right patient. I love all of the stories. Thanks for the laughs.
 
Good morning friends! I can't say that I'm to pleased with this new BoneSmart forum format, but we'll see with time.
For the most part I slept well last night. Mickey and Minnie were well behaved, however I have this burning pain at the base of my big toe, which is the worst pain I've felt through this whole process. The nurses and the PT guy at rehab think it's gout and my doctor thinks it's arthritis flare up and wants to put me on Celebrex, an NSAID , not to be taken while on blood thinners. I say first do the simple blood test to rule out gout than consider NSAIDs, ibuprofen not Celebrex! Why put stronger more dangerous drugs in my body if ibuprofen will do the trick when I can start them again, which is tomorrow. I took my last blood thinner this morning and I have the visiting nurse coming over at 11:00am so hopefully she can get this idea of checking the blood work for gout first to my doctor. This burning aching feeling in my foot causes me to walk incorrectly, on the outside of my foot so I don't put pressure on my big toe.
Well there's my moan for the day! Has any one else ever experienced this? Some nurses said that some people get this, what they called "surgical gout" these people only get it after they have had a surgery. I've never had this kind of pain before. It almost makes you want to cut off your foot! I can't imagine that I have two total knee replacements and this is the only pain I feel! Yikeeeees!
 
Jacky, congratulations on being back home, sleeping in your own bed, etc. You're doing great.
I was also wondering about this new format. It seems to eliminate the wide variety of smiley faces and expressions. At first I thought maybe there was a glitch in the Bonesmart.org system.
As for the burning pain in your big toe -- for the first few weeks I had pain running anywhere from the tip of my foot to my hip, and was told that it was normal with all of those muscles, etc. being affected by the major surgery on the knee. I'd go with the gout theory first. Tart cherry juice is great for getting rid of gout and preventing it -- so says my hubby, and our priest and his wife.
Hope that your big toe feels better SOON.
 
Thanks Becky, Hopefully I'll find out what's causing this toe thing soon. I will be going to my OS on Monday! I miss the smiling faces too!
 
Oh no - toe pain, what a nuisance. I am getting sciatic pain & it seems so unfair to have 'extra' pains on top of those that we were expecting! But then ............ who said life was fair? Just noticed 'smileys' are back :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom