Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky and Janet,

What kind of JOLLY JUICE are you guys getting in rehab. Both of you are so funny, and it refreshing to see your sense of humor so soon. Keep the attitude you have now and it will breezze you thru this recovery.
 
Photo!:hate-shocked: I'm relieved to say they didn't take photo's where I was. I'd probably wind up looking like my little friend here:hate-shocked:
 
Karmigirl, Maybe it is the JOLLY JUICE, whatever it is, keep it com'n now, keep it com'n now, don't stop no, don't stop no, don't stop....... I'd better stop right there or I'll start breaking into song out loud and they'll really have me put away! :hysterical:

Morning Glory, your little friend reminds me of what I must have looked like! Total hate shook!
I really don't understand the photo purpose of it all for you chart. Now really is someone on this God's earth really going to want to steal your facial identity while you're in rehab looking all goofy on drugs and unkept on a regular bases? Hair a mess and wearing maybe not your best clothes! WHAT!!!!!!!! REALLY??????:th_heehee:
 
I think the pic is to be sure no one tries to say they are you using your insurance info,SS#,etc. to get treated. It's so hard for those of us who would never consider doing such a thing to realize that there are those out there who have no trouble or conscience about using someone else's identity and finances to get what they want.
 
Yea Judy, you are so right about that I keep forgetting the new world we live in!:scratch:

I'm just glad there isn't some poor sucker out there looking for a new facial identity and search patient files all of a sudden comes across mine and says, awe yes that's it, make me look like her,! Now that woman would have more problems than can be fixed on this earth! Because a long with this pretty face come the arthritis and I'm taking my new knees back!:hysterical:
 
I think it's so they know they are giving meds and treatment to the right person.

They will be talking to the insurance company tomorrow. I'm scared that they will not give me more than a week. I truely need more time. How long do you expect to be there? Have you attempted stairs yet?
 
Janet, I came in on the 4th, last Monday and the insurance approved through the 14th so I am being released this Friday! So I guessed they approved me for 10 days total! I did start stairs last Friday so I have done stair exercises almost every day since. 5 stair and a landing on top to turn around. I must admit they are still intimidating! Yesterday he had me walk with just a cane from the PT room to the front lobby to out doors and down the walk to the gazebo. Then he had me walk back to the front porch to sit down, now here was the trick he said, pick where you would like to sit. I eyeballed the long benched which looked really low to me so I said well not there because it's going to hurt when I get up, so I then looked at two rockers that looked higher for seating and I said at lest those look easier to get up from. You get where I'm going yet? Well, my brain was not fully in gaged I'll have you know. We sat and chatted for a while then he said, ok we can head back to your room now. There I sit and all of a sudden my brain in gages and my mind is racing and I hear him laughing, I look at him and ask, what are you laughing about? He says, well you look like you are having anxiety over getting up. I said, well it looks like I will be sleeping outside tonight because there is no way I am getting out of this rocking chair without a crane, because I did not take into account that this damn chair does not stay still while I am trying to hoist myself with my quads and my arms, so I guess I'll see you here in the morning!:what: again he starts laughing and gets up puts one of his arms under my arm and both at once we hoist. I was never so happy to get out of a chair in my life! When we got back in the lobby, I went to grab for my walker which he had parked there when we went outside, don't for get I used a cane to walk and go out, he grabbed the walker and asked what are you doing? I said I'm exhausted I think I'll use the walker instead of the cane. He said naw you can do it, you can get to your room with the cane and I'll get you some ice for your knees. No one knows more than me how ready I was to smack him in the back of the knees with my cane!:th_heehee:
 
Hard to imagine taking that walk! You've been ahead of the game from the start, so it shouldn't be surprising, but I would have been in tears by then. You could always pull the "light-headedness" card - they want you to sit down right away! Not that I would...

I think they start with a week with my insurance. Ideal would be ready to go home Thursday. Hubby is involved in a project through Wednesday and will not be there on Wednesday, and will be living and breathing this thing up in the office until then. I will feel neglected. On Thursday I return to the OS, so it would work out well to leave here, go there and then go home. But I'm sure all will not just conveniently fall into place.
 
Hey J girls! Jacky walking without a walker while assisted and pushing you to use just a cane is a nice goal but I used my walker for 8 weeks. PT did not want me walking outside unassisted for quite some time. They pushed during my sessions but were mindful that they didn't want any falls to occur until my knees and balance caught up. Next time don't think about whacking him with your cane, do it. I wish some of these PT folks had actual joint replacement experience. Either way sounds like you are doing very well!

Janet, just go slow. It's hard to comprehend that this is not a race to be won but recovery, where probably for the first time (like me!) you learn to listen to your body and act accordingly. It's a very subtle dance where time is your partner. It all takes time. Can I ask why you have to visit your OS this early? Why isn't he seeing you in the hospital/rehab?
 
Don't forget though Janet, I had my knees done on June 1st and you had yours on June 4th so that's 3 whole days, although I did get the lightheadedness for a couple of days which scared the heck out of me, I did not go through the 2 am emergency trip that you experience which must have whipped the heck out of you! So Janet you are doing great for your situation at hand and you would certainly benefit by going home when hubby can be there for you, so hopefully they will see your side of things and give you what you need.:thumb: I'll keep a watch for your post of the outcome that they decide for you. Good luck kiddo!:friends:
 
Hi Bev, when I did walk with the cane I felt really confident and very stable, however that is not what happens every time I stand and walk, so I will use whatever I am comfortable with throughout my recovery, may it be walker or cane and my intent is to not rush anything! I will be going home today and everything will be at my pace!:thumb:
 
Going home! You will just be so happy when you get there. For me it was like a switch had been thrown and everything just felt better and seemed brighter. Rehab was fine, but there's no place like home!

You are doing so well, and I just know that you will continue to just get BETTER & BETTER!

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Thanks Judy, I am sooooo excited about going home! I had my last PT today and I feel the progress every day! It's so exciting to be doing so well! :biggrin: I never could have imagined being on this side, while I was on the other side, and doing as well as I am doing! That being said, I will never, ever push to rush myself to go for a faster recovery! I have read enough stories on this forum to know that it just does not work it only sets a person back! And I just don't feel like doing that dance! :tantrum2: I set out to give myself 1-1 1/2 year to full recovery and this is my time to do it to the best of my ability! This time is for me, I earned it!:yay:
 
Jacky,
Just read your recovery thread, have to say you are a true gift. Your spirit comes through the screen.
I did have to pick myself off the floor a couple of times from laughing so hard. Hope you have a wonderful and uneventful transition back home.
 
Thank you davrunner for you compliment and well wishes! I'm sure I'll have many more lessons to learn from throughout my recovery! Learning new lesson seems to be my new full time job! :biggrin:
I hope all is going well with you! It looks like you have quite a history behind you as well! Stay positive!:friends:
 
J-girls! Love it! You are both doing so well. I am so proud of you both. Keep on healing and keep giggling.
 
Janet, . Can I ask why you have to visit your OS this early? Why isn't he seeing you in the hospital/rehab?

I will have to ask him. He actuall has tkrs come in the week after surgery, and btkrs in two weeks. Maybe it's for his scheduling, maybe it's to encourage mobility. I'm just glad it wasn't last week! Although, I can see how the more walking done, the easier it gets, and with only one, there would have been more walking done early. But I don't have to do this twice!
 
Jacky, have you settled in at home? I know you were excited to go home. It will be interesting to see how you found things there logistically. Anything unexpected? My husband isn't truly retired and has himself overly absorbed in something right now, so I'm better off here for now. But I can already feel how nice it will be to be ready to go. I hope you are happily cozied in with hubby!
 
Yeah! Finally getting back to your own bed is just the best! Getting back to my recliner was pretty great too. We got a new one, electric too so I don’t have to wrestle with that handle. Hubby made sure to get one with a battery backup. Last thing he wants to worry about is getting me out of this chair if we should lose power. Yikes. We’d wind up with a matching recliner for him after his back went out.

Hope all is going well & to hear from you soon!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom