Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
karmigirl Thanks Rose! I never dreamed last year that we would actually be doing this last year! Can't wait to share my experience with these new knees! :)
 
Hi Tessa, we did see some wildlife, yesterday I got some pictures of a family of caribou, we saw some eagle but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture. In Anchorage we saw a moose in someone's yard in town, the bus driver said its very common to come face to face with a moose even in downtown Anchorage. On the ship Norm and I saw a whale break the water out of our cabin window. Today we head out to Denali park and we should see a lot more in there, it's a 4 hour tour. I'm hoping to get more pictures.
 
Today is our last day in Alaska and it is planned to the fullest, Gold Dredge #8, panning for gold (wish me luck :) ), checking out the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, a 4.5 hour cruise on the Sternwheeler Riverboat cruising the Chena and Tenana Rivers with a stop at the Chenab Indian Village touring the native artisans working their crafts and seeing the dog mushers at work. We'll also see the bush pilot demonstration.
In the evening they are having a king salmon and prime rib dinner with a show at the Palace Theater, however Norm and I are going to skip that and finish our trip with a nice romantic, authentic King crab leg dinner, the way you can only get in Alaska! Luckily our hotel has a restaurant that has it on their menu, not inexpensive but darn worth it!

After this trip we will sleep for 3 weeks, like a couple of very satisfied bears! :)
 
I can't believe that it's actually 10:30pm!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Jacky you and Norm seem to be having a really good time. Who cares about the diet. You deserve this after your bilateral knee op. hope it continues. You will have beautiful photos and memories to bring home with you. Take Care x
 
Oh my heavens, all sounds fantabulous, Jacky. And your devine sounds absolutely devine *she says smacking her lips* yummy yum yum :heehee:

And that photo, so late at night, yet still so light. Wonderful, but slightly eerie :whistle:

Enjoy, Jacky and Norm :flwrysmile:
 
robynhood Thank you Pat, you are so right about the diet, I certainly did not expect to lose weight on this trip, it's just not the time for such nonsense! :) I wish all my BoneSmartie friends such a fun and carefree trip!

KathyH Kathy, I must say that those king crab legs were the sweetest crab meat we have ever had! I guess it's because they were caught here and didn't have to travel all the way to the east coast!

The daylight hour are now approximately 20 hours, sunset 12 midnight, sunrise 4am! I would not survive here for very long, because I would never sleep until I drop! :headbang: :)
 
Janet2012 We are leaving Fairbanks at today, May 23rd at 5:25pm, a stop in Anchorage & Dallas, and get home in Ct. May 24th 12 noon. It's going to be a long time in the air, because of the 4 hour time difference.
 
So happy to hear about your fantastic trip! You two certainly deserve it! Safe trip home and enjoy the down time too. What wonderful memories you will have!

PS The like, agree,thanks etc things still do NOT appear on my page when I post??!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom