Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky48 is this your first cruise? You will love it. The trip is so beautiful and fun. I went to Alaska before I had my first knee done. It was so fun. The trips off the ship were great. I even took a ride to land on a glacier. That was so interesting. I can hardly wait to hear of all the fun. Have a blast. Take care. Tashia
 
tashia Yes Tashia this is our very first cruise, normally we're not cruise people, but the one to Alaska we just couldn't miss! You sound like you had great fun, and you just got me even more excited about the trip! If we like this cruise thing we might consider a cruise in the Mediterranean, which is another one that we always dreamt about! Thanks Tashia, I will be thinking about you as we go through the glaciers!

Have a great spring weekend!
 
Are you looking for special trips to do off the ship? I did a helicoper ride to a couple of Glaciers as I said before. Was a blast and also are either of you fish? I understand the fishing is great. I look at this way I dought I will get back to this area so I might as well have fun and do things that look like fun like a helicoper ride. Its a blast and safe. Have fun. Tashia
 
tashia We do have a full itinerary at every port that we get off the ship! We set up this trip with "Discover Alaska" and they have been in business for over 40 years and know all the ins and outs of this trip, therefore they are handling everything. There are some excursions that you can do on you own like the helicopter ride you mentioned and hiking etc., however we think with all they have planned for us we'll be pretty pooped out by the time each day is done! Somehow aging has taken some of our energy, I should say, stole some of our energy! We want to save some for a little nightlife as well! :)
 
I had to check in because I knew your trip was coming up soon. I hope you have a wonderful time. The weather has been gorgeous up here, at least as a starting point. But it will be beautiful, whatever the weather. And don't worry, they have doctors on those ships in case they are needed but I know they won't be. Just a little peace of mind. Have a great time!!!!!!
 
rlwintin Thanks Randi! We are really excited now, can't wait! We've been tracking the weather up in your neck of the woods and beyond, it looks a lot like ours which is great! I love this clock on the iPad it has all the times and weather of any place you plug in, it's a world clockI We're going to cross our finger and everything else that we don't need any medical attention even though we bought the medical insurance.
 
iPads are so cool. I know if I lost mine I would have serious withdrawal symptoms. You will have a great time. I am so happy for you. We booked a trip to southern France in September. That's what you can do with new knees! By the way, yesterday we went downtown for coffee and the little beach next to the coffee house was roped off and there was an elephant seal molting! It was big! Apparently it will be there for a while. No doubt you will see these and lots more. Bon voyage! :happydance:
 
Oh wow, southern France sounds great! Yup, I'm with you on the iPad thing, I would have to go right out and buy another, I can't believe how addicted I am! That must have been kool seeing that elephant seal, can't wait to see everything out your way! I feel like a kid on Christmas morning for goodness sakes! :happydance:
 
Hope you see some whales my sister went on alaska trip to see whales have a great time,Southern France is good drove there a few times.
 
RICBAK1 I hope we see whales too! I'm glad your sister had a great time! I envy you being that close to France, what a good life! :)
 
Have a wonderful time on your cruise! The hubby and I did our first in September just before surgery and we had the best time! I wanted to go on another before we got off of the ship! Do it all or do a little, it runs at your pace. It's amazing!
 
Jacky,
Have a wonderful time, but don't forget us. If you can report in once or twice with a report and/or pictures as you go along. Sure wish I could be with you, but maybe next year for me. Stay safe and well my friend, will be thinking about you while you're gone.
 
Thanks Rose, you made my day today my friend! I am taking my Ipad and hopefully it will work everywhere we go, and I'll try to post some pictures with it! I'm praying that by this time next year you will be able to do anything your little heart desires kiddo! Stay well, and go slow my friend!:friends:
 
Jacky, i just got home, so it's a little late and you may have headed off to your hotel before flying out tomorrow. Have a WONDERFUL trip! I am so utterly thrilled for you and Norm, you are doing something really special! I hope to do the same sometime soon!
 
Jacky, i just got home, so it's a little late and you may have headed off to your hotel before flying out tomorrow. Have a WONDERFUL trip! I am so utterly thrilled for you and Norm, you are doing something really special! I hope to do the same sometime soon!
I have taken this Alaska cruise twice!!! The helicopter ride through the iced mountain passes and landing on a iceberg was an experience I will never forget. It was the most spiritual experience I've ever had! I will go back again as soon as I save a little more money Have great fun and relax!! Can't wait to hear how much you are enjoying it!!! Thrills ahead!!! Patricia







11


1
a
 
Thanks Janet2012 & pclane65 Thanks Janet and Patti! 4am, who gets up that early in the morning anyway! Flying out at 6:55, and very excited! Landing on an iceberg on a helicopter would be spiritual, because I fear heights and fear I was going to meet my maker! :yikes:

Will keep you posted when I can!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom