Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, I haven't written in quite some time, how are you and Norm doing? You with your neck and Norm with his back issues. I sure hope you both are feeling better and that the cruise is still on. Take a peek at my new post in the social room (so I don't have to type it all again), it's good news. Will have to talk with you before you leave on your trip. Thanks for being a friend. Rose
 
RICBAK1 Now Rich, it's only fair that you learn ballroom dancing since she is letting you go to Yorkshire for the race, my friend! Besides I think it's a little easier and less painful than have the other knee done! And, slow music is very intimate, that can't be all bad eh! :shrug:
 
Sorry i am afraid my wife is on a loser here, we live in Yorkshire and should be able to see Tour from house with a pair of binoculars if i am not allowed out and besides i would be a party pooper my wife goes dancing with my sister and husband and 4 is a crowd.We differ a lot on interests my wife paints, crochet,quilts,sews and dances,i swim,cycle,garden and we both walk and caravan .
 
karmigirl Hi Rose, I was just in the social room on your thread, and I am so excited for you, you made my day kiddo!

As for my neck it is doing much better, going to the chiropractor 3 times a week has really made a difference, no more shoulder pain and only intermittent pain in my neck and getting better all the time! I'm so happy about the outcome, because I was so nervous about seeing a chiropractor. As for Norm, he will be getting his 3rd and final epidural on Wednesday, and he's improving all the time too! We've decided to take our chances and do the cruise, and if we get tired we can always sit out on some of the tours and stay on the ship. The scenery will be beautiful, and at least we'll be together, nothing can take that away from us! :) We'll both be bring or canes for extra support when/if needed, they both fold up so that won't be a problem with the airlines! Thanks for asking my friend, and again I am so elated about your progress kiddo! :thumb:
 
Thanks Jacky and Marianne. I can't get the little signs, thanks, like agree etc) to work. What do I need to do. I see nothing to click onto.

Her original surgery was scheduled on Friday the 13th!!!:gaah: She got a call from the Dr. himself, at 8pm the night before, telling her that they had to cancel because the thoracic surgeon had a family emergency out of town. WHEW!!! I was glad for that cancellation, but my poor daughter had to get all pumped up to go through it all over again!! Then on the day of her surgery, we were called into the private room where the Dr. meets with you after the surgery. Well we knew the surgery was scheduled for 6 hours and to be called in after 1 hour was a shock. My son-in -law, husband and myself went into the room and did not say a word. A Dr. comes in and my son-in-law says to me, " that is NOT her Dr. Then he says, are you the Mooneys? WHEW!! No we aren't!!!:yay: So we went out to wait for our real call from the Dr. many hours later. Her surgery only took less than 3 hours, much less than the Dr, thought. He said that everything went like it should and no problems! We are so greatfull for these incredible DrD. Both conditions that my daughter had are so rare that there is no name for the condition. The Dr. said he has only seen it 3 times in young women and my daughter was one and they all were athletes!!
 
Hope you have a good cruise and manage some dancing i have heard they do that on boats and if you have any trouble on airlines mention my daughters name she has been flying that long she knows lots of cabin crew all over world.My brother flew last year asked if Sarah was on plane turned out he was on wrong airline but still got upgrade seat and complimentry drinks turned out they had someone on airline with same name.
 
Mimi Norm had heart surgery on a Friday 13th, and since then (14 years ago) and we couldn't be happier for that date! He had 2 major arteries block 1 (90%) 2 (87%) Aug 13th, 1999! We won that day!

However you my friend had one hell of a scare when that doctor showed up way too soon! :shocked: Thank goodness it was found early and they were able to fix it! You all won that day as well! :)
 
WHEW! That was his lucky day!! Modern medicine is a wonderful thing!:yahoo:

Tell me why I can't do the likes, agrees, etc?? They worked a few weeks ago and now I can't find anyplace on my page to click?

Finding her problems early is strange. They said without her taking up running that it would not have been found except in a autopsy. Her Dr. said that is how he finds it most of the time. And it is mostly older men that take up running or lifting weights and drop dead! She never had any heart symptoms and still doesn't. it was the gastro symptoms that started it all!! It is very rare and only specialists ever see it. Just guess her guardian angel was working overtime! :angel:
 
Mimi Modern medicine is wonderful for sure!

As far as the, agree, like, etc.. You won't see it on something you post, however you should see it on other people's posts. I'll alert Josephine for insight! Josephine

Mimi, luckily your baby was into running, which saved her life! Her guardian angle left your baby with a wing my friend! Beautiful! :angel:
 
I know to look for the signs on your posts, but nothing is on the posts anymore. What do you see on the ones you agree or thank etc??
 
Okay when you reply look on the bottom of the text box and it says Smiles on a little tab. :angel: :dancy: :egypdance: :flwrysmile: :friends: :goodpost: and POOF! they are all there. Is this what you are looking for? :shocked: :yikes: :thud: :beg:
 
I think I liked the old way with just the "LIKE" Now we have to make a decision about which one....and you know i don't do decisions too well!
 
Marianne, I see the smiles but there are no tags to like, agree, information etc. on anyones post that I want to agree etc!! There are smiles on my reply post box, but nothing on another person's box. Am I crazy!!?? Must be!:hairpulling: I had that function a month or so ago, but it is gone. The only thing I see on another person's box is the # of the post and quote this message on the right side bottom. Where are they located on another person's post?I only see the smiles etc. box on my post before I post it. :sigh: Thanks
 
Mimi On your last post I see the tags to like, agree, informative etc. right at the bottom of your message just above the (quote this message), (quote pm) and (book mark). They are all in pale colors. I hope this helps!
 
Thanks Josephine and everyone. Those icons DO NOT APPEAR anywhere on someones page for me to use. It was there a month or so ago and I used it. It no longer appears for me to use!:scratch: I have copied and pasted Josephines message and this is what I see:
This article has been created especially for you!
"Like", "Agree" and other cute things to put on people's posts.​
  • [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
    Informative x 1

=============================================================
PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS;for the good of the forum, private messages and emails for personalized help, not being community oriented, will not be responded to.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - Moderator comments on this web site are provided for informational purposes only and are not a substitute for advice from your personal physician or surgeon.
Administrator is an orthopaedic nurse of 53 years experience in orthopaedics and joint replacement (and still in practice :wink: )
3. Left arthroscopic menisectomy 4th October 09
2. RTKR 17th March 09 - S&N Genesis II
1. Right arthroscopy June 06 ....................................................................................................... <*)))><
#1577​
Last edited by Josephine, Today at 11:15 AM​
Quote This Message​
​
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom