Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, tomorrow it is May! :yahoo: I know your cruise is in May. Hope you and Norm are in ship shape and ready to go! :cheers: Have a ball! :dancy:
 
Mimi Thanks Mimi! :) Norm had his 3rd and last epidural shot last Wednesday and he still is experiencing numbness in his feet, more in his left than his right now. I still worry, but that's me, Miss worry wart! He says he'll be fine but it still scares the hell out of me! We went shopping today and he felt the numbness in his feet, then the right foot felt like a piece of wood, so he said. After 5-10 minutes his feet recovered and he was back to normal. We start our journey on May 10th and Norm still insists that he will be okay, however I still have my reserve! :shrug: Once we're on our road I'm sure we'll have a great time! I'm always a nervous Nelly! Thanks again for the well wishes Mimi! We do so look forward to this long awaited trip! :egypdance:
 
You and Norm have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!!! Will be thinking of you both lounging in the sun, eating the great food, and smiling your heads off""
 
Happy May Day to you and the mice, Jacky! Eleven months!! We are almost at the one year mark, unbelievably, and look at us! You will surprise yourself with what you can do on this trip, I bet!
 
Titianlady Thanks Toni! You mentioning food just made me realize that I will not be cooking for two whole weeks! Wholly, molly that has never happened to me in 48 years of marriage! :egypdance: Me thinks I could get use to this! :) I say, watch out Norm you might be creating a whole new monster! :heehee:
 
Janet2012 Janet, we've come along way baby! I was just thinking back to 11 months ago and the pain driven life we were leading, and we couldn't wait to get these knees replaced! All the preparation, all the angst we were feeling, fear of the unknown, and look at us now 11 months later leading a whole new life! I said it before and I'll say it again, I am so happy that I did both at the same time, and I'm sure you are as well my bilateral buddy! :friends: Yay us! :yay: A week from this Friday we'll be flying out of town and I hope it's the first of many! I say, thank you Mickey and Minnie for all your support, I couldn't have found a better couple to get me through the rest of my life! :)
 
I'm so excited for you for your trip, and can't wait to hear all about it! It's one I want to do in the next couple of years!
 
Janet, the itinerary is so awesome, I hope we get to do it all, if I know Norm thinks like I think I know him, he will push himself to do it all, I just hope I can keep up with him! We've already started putting some of our clothes together and it is getting quite exciting now!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I am so looking forward to your reports on this trip, Jacky!!! I just think it's wonderful that you're finally doing something really different. And we want pics!!!! with you and Norm in them.


Take care, I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Have a wonderful trip Jackie!! I am sure it will go well. I can tell you with all my health issues, when it seems to be vacation time, I seem to do very well. Have fun and enjoy!
 
bottomshollow Judy you are too funny, thanks for the laugh! If Norm behaves himself I'll let him have his picture taken with me!:heehee: I hope all is well with you and hubby kiddo!

Nanners Thank you Gail, I think your right about vacations and health issue behaving themselves!:thumb:
 
Jacky,
I am getting really excited for you and your trip. I know you and Norm will be able to attack the itinerary just fine. You will be having such a good time you won't even think about the aches and pains. If anyone deserves this trip you two do. Have a great time and send a lot of pics our way.
 
karmigirl Thanks Rose! I do believe I caught Norm's shopping fever, today I shopped for 4 hours straight for things I need for the trip and I didn't need to sit or rest the whole time! I found everything I needed and left a good amount of my savings account behind! :) I haven't shopped for clothes in a long time and now I know why, those dressing rooms get way too hot! I came out of the dressing room looking like I had been in a sauna, very hot and sweaty, even my hair was soaked, yucky! Norm has found a trick for when his foot/feet go numb, he just bends over with his hands hanging, stretching his spine and the feeling goes away in a few minutes, so hopefully this will get him through! He's so excited for this trip, and usually he's not like that, he's pretty low keyed, but I keep catching him watching the video online and day dreaming, so that's a good sign! Heck who knows we might even get some dancing in, the nice slow kind! :thumb: I just bought some extra memory cards for my camera so hopefully we'll get a bunch of nice pictures for memories sakes!

I hope you are doing well my friend! I know your followup checkup is on May 6th, and I hope you are able to ditch that brace, please keep us posted!
 
Good to hear you done so well with your shopping trip, Jacky. Woohoo, only eight days until your cruise. Like everyone else, can't wait to hear all about it on your return. But let's not talk about your return, you haven't even gone yet :rotfl: I'm sure Norm will be fine and you'll both have a whale of a time xx
 
KathyH Thanks Kathy! We are getting pretty excited at this point! The weather is finally warming up and spring has sprung, which makes the prospect of a vacation even sweeter!

I hope you're doing well kiddo! (((HUGS)))
 
I am indeed, thanks Jacky. Spring has sprung here too at long last. It's been a long cold winter this year and the blossom trees have only flowered this week - soooo late. It's supposed to be a lovely weekend here too and we have a long weekend as it's May Day Bank Holiday on Monday.

I feel your excitement for your cruise :flwrysmile:
 
Jacky48, I am doing very well and will be sure to post late on Monday after my appointment. Weather here has been beautiful spring, and I love it, except I can't do any of my gardening this year. Hubby has to do it all and it si driving me crazy to have to just sit and watch. Sounds like you had a great shopping spree, and if you don't leave a dent in the bank it account it really wasn't worth it. HAHA I know the two of you are going to have a wonderful time on this trip. All the best to you my friend, will be thinking of you when you are gone.
 
karmigirl Thanks Rose! Just think next year you should be able to garden to your hearts content my friend! I know it's hard watching someone do what you'd love to be able to do that's why you got your knee and now your back taken care of! And yet again the "being patient" thing is at your door step giving you a hard time!:scratch:

You are so right about denting the bank account, I don't think I've ever enjoyed it so much I was finding the proper size, the proper fit and the proper style for me! It's like someone was watching me saying, Alright let's not make her mad or upset, let's just give her what she wants and she'll go away!".:loll: Anyhoo, it worked, I count my blessings!:)
 
Jacky, Sounds like you really had fun. I love those kind of shopping days when everything falls just right. But then I just love shopping. Since I have lost 20 lbs now (and hope more to come) I am looking forward to haveing to get new clothes.
I hope that next year I may be enjoying a vacation like yours, time will tell.
 
karmigirl Rose, congratulations on your weight loss! :thumb: That's awesome! I so want to hear about you and Dennis planning a trip next year, you both so deserve it, and beyond! You my friend have been through so much, you need a break, and some fun! :yes!: Please keep us informed of your progress and upcoming fun! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom