Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimi, that has to be the most wonderful feeling in the world! Just the thought of it gives me goose bumps!:dancy:
 
I've been missing some great conversations!!! Jacky glad your doing so well and happy to hear that you've been released from the bathroom monitor:hysterical: now that you're officially released dose not mean a full pardon, you still have to ring; potty please. I too go alone especially at nite and yes I have noticed that same party outside my door with an occasional "are you ok". Last nite the nurses aide scared me awake just checking on me , 2am was already asleep:DOH:
Getting sleepy
Kim:sleep::sleep:
 
Kim, you're too funny!:hysterical: One thing you don't want to do is fall asleep on the toilet! Terrible ring on your butt!:hysterical: And, you don't want to forget to pull your pants up before you get up and go!:what:

And ya that "are you okay" thingy, isn't that why they have that darn pull cord in there, for us to let them know if we're not doing okay? Just think'n....
There should be a horn in there that says " privacy please"!:biggrin:
 
A few times I wondered if that cord was really attached to anything or just something to keep me busy till they got around to coming back for me.
It's good to hear everyone in such good spirtis, means we're getting better!
 
Oh yes Morning Glory, those little cords could be hooked up to a camera that allows them to stand on the other side of the door and watch and see our reactions as we patiently wait for the to release us from the blessed thrown!:hysterical:
Being in good spirits is definitely a must in our situation after all we are at their beck and call! But not for long my dear, not for long! :wink1:
 
So that's it, they were watching. :th_heehee: That's what all the laughter was about out there.

I did pull one of those cords by mistake one time & didn't realize it. :blush: I was in the ladies room in a waitng room at Sloan Kettering in NY. I still didn't realize what I had done when a nurse knocked on the door, I thought someone wanted to use the bathroom. But when I opened the door I realized lights were flashing and that nurses had come running from all over - left my poor mother in the room by herself . My sister was laughing so hard she could barely breath. Ahhh, good times. I did meet up with one of the men that was in the waiting room on our way to our car and he thanked me for the good time :loll:
 
Thanks to all of you wonderful recovering Knees. You make me LOL. I can't wait until I'm where you all are.

Last weekend of waiting and worrying is ahead.

Have a great night to all of you. And being a nurse I just love all the stories.

PS. put a jar of candy by your bed and you will have all kinds of visitors checking in on you. They will spread the word you will never have to wait again for them to answer your call bell!.......just saying. :doggieshmooze:
 
Morning Glory, you made me laugh so hard they had to come in and check on me, since I was in the room alone!:hysterical: They people probably thought they had to send me to the psych ward!:th_heehee:

Dog Lover, you are so going to love the other side! You are going to see so much more humor than ever imagined when you are still on the petrified pre- op side!
And you are so right about the candy on the dresser. I have a large container of pre-wrapped mini chocolate bars and a large container of Carmel and almond candy kisses! and a double pack of sugar free gum! All big hits! Who can't use a goodie now and then, best pick me up in the world!:biggrin:
 
Whenever I need a pick-me-up or a smile or a good laugh, I always know just where to go! Jacky you have such a great sense of the ridiculous and are so much fun. Maybe you could get a gig at the Comedy Club or Comedy Central.

Take care, sleep tight, and sweet dreams.
 
Judy, thanks for the compliment! I naturally find a line somewhere and I have no idea where it comes from!
Today I guess I pushed Minnie beyond her glue limit and she started some seepage in a small area, while it was being tended to one of the very straight laced PT guys was in the room as the bandage was being applied, we wanted it to stick well since it was right in the bend of the knee, so I applied my crooked arthritic finger around the edge of the tape to hold in place, it was a natual fit, the curve of my finger and the curve of the tape, so I said " look at that, I developed this crooked arthritic finger for a good reason after all!" he just looked at me so quizzically then he burst out laughing so hard!:hysterical: I thought holy, moly I cracked him!:th_heehee: I don't know how or when it happens, but there it is! I find it fun to catch people of guard especially when they are way to serious!:biggrin:
 
:hysterical::loll::LOL2::loll::hysterical: What a great story!!!!!!!

You've done it again-----love it!!!!!!
 
Oh, Daniel and James are so going to love to meet Elmo and Cookie Monster!:th_heehee: Automatic bed rides are going to be so fun! Enjoy your little buddies!:grouphug2:
 
Hi Jacky,
Glad my little story gave you a good laugh. My sister still winds up in tears from laughing when we talk about that.

I had some seepage also, really freaked me out. I went to the doctor and saw his assistant. Seeing this guy is like trying to see The Wizard! I know he's there, I've seen him. Anyway he said no infection but gave me antibiotic anyway. The oozing stopped but it's still very pink. Maybe that'll go away when the staples come out.

Hope you're having a good day!
 
Visit with the kids got delayed, Cookie and Elmo had a middle of the night excursion.

Have you noticed the lack (deliberate, I'm sure) of mirrors? I have not seen a mirror since being home before surgery. I caught my reflection in my iPad tonight, and am dismayed that the vision does not exactly meet the angelic feel I have with my newly fluffed hair!
 
Hi jacky

Glad you are doing so well. I will definitely look forward to your humor in about a week.

Is everyone really petrified preop or just me?

Have a great night. :doggieshmooze:
 
Janet, I have noticed the lack of mirrors and I suppose there's a good reason for that! One of the staff comes in my room with a camera today and I started to pick up my pant leg, thinking she needed a picture of the scars for my file, oh no no monameee(sp), she wanted a picture of my face for my file! I said, WHAT???:what: she says, oh, no,no you look fine you'll see. I said are you kidding, look at my hair! She snapped the darn picture before I could protest anymore, then she showed me how it came out. I looked like a wet bird feather head! My hair was pulled back with a head band and looked so slick like I had too much olive oil for lunch! Now I know why birds fly so well their feathers are so slick no air could get through to make them tumble to the ground! :th_heehee: Maybe tonight I'll have one of those dreams where I'm flying over the meadows of beautifully colored flowers, with just my hair holding me up in the air!:wink1:

Hopefully you'll see the boys soon! Sweet dreams tonight and hopefully no more middle of the excursion!

One thing for sure Dog Lover you are no where near being alone on being scared pre-op! Fear of the unknown is the most powerful fear for me and I am here to tell you that part, with great relief, is over! And it will be for you too! Just try to think positive about all the benefits you will get by getting both done and the whole body healing and correcting itself all at once. Already my whole way of walking is different! I don't limp anymore, I'm not hunched over anymore and I am totally amazed how wonderful it feels already and I am no where near completely healed! I am only 11 days into this! If I only had one done at a time I know I would still be limping and aching on the side that was not done! So have confidence in your decision and the fear of the unknown will soon be past you!:yahoo:
 
:hysterical::hysterical::loll::loll::hysterical: :hysterical: Jacky, you've got to stop this---or I'm going to die laughing. What a picture you painted.
 
Oh, yes, the photo! They took mine the day I got to rehab, when I was too drugged to protest. I saw it last night on the meds sheet that went with me to the ER. So picture said bird that has smashed flat against a pane of glass, and has a stupid grin on it's face!
 
Way to funny Janet!:hysterical::loll::th_heehee: What ever possessed them to come up with an idea of picture taking anyway?!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom