Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jacky, its been awhile since I have been on the site. Happy Belated Anniversary:egypdance: . I am glad that you and hubby are doing better. You are one up on me, I have been too afraid to try getting on the floor. I have gotten in the bath tub a few times, but getting out is not pretty:heehee: . I will have to try this.
 
sunshine in nc I'm afraid I'd be like a beached whale in a bath tub, therefore we had our retirement home built with 2 big shower stall rather than a tub, no sense tempting fate my friend! Tubby days are over for me! :heehee:
 
Jacky, I have images of a beached whale:heehee: when I think of getting on the floor. I think of it every night when I watch tv. I have got to just do it. It is amazing how much thought we put into doing simple things that used to come naturally. Its a mind thing.
 
sunshine in nc I agree Sunshine, we are such slaves to our minds! I know not why! :scratch: As young ones we never thought about getting down on the floor! When my first granddaughter was born (12 yrs ago) I went down to Florida to visit them and just went down on the floor to play, then when my 2nd granddaughter was born (10 yrs ago) I did the same thing, not a thought in the world of getting up, now it's another story! :skep: The mind is a terrible thing! I guess we need to stop over think'n! :yes:
 
Jacky, I sure wish I could get on the floor again but that is going to be awhile now. I finally had it down after the knee and was able to get back up by myself, now back to zero again. I imagine this time (when able again) should be a real challenge, think I will have to rent a crane for help.
 
karmigirl I have no idea why we are so obsessed with the floor, but we are! If it was meant to be you will get there again, however I suppose if we prevent ourselves from falling down we wouldn't have to worry about it, so I'm going to work on that really hard! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I can highly recommend not falling as a way to find out if one can get up from the floor. One certainly can as I discovered on April Fool Day. Too much medical equipment in my living room and not looking were I was going led to tripping and falling flat on my face. Lots of sore, sore muscles from my waist to my neck both sides of the body and one thumb jammed to a position of bending in the opposite direction from what God intended. Grandson was called over to straighten it out for me and just in case I needed to go to the OR (which was not necessary). Other than an extremely swollen thumb which is still recovering, I am fine. I did take several minutes lying on the floor before I was brave enough to see if I could get up---it was harder than getting down had been:heehee: . My knees and hip are fine---they never gave me a minutes trouble--don't think they knew I had a fall.


So be sure getting down on the floor is down by your decision to get down there and not by accident. Take care ladies. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
bottomshollow Ah Judy, you have been through a trial period my friend! I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a while, and I knew something had to be amiss! You are a trouper Judy, and I wish you and your hubby the best kiddo! I hope all is well! (((Hugs)))
 
Gosh Judy, nothing like throwing yourself into it! Ouch! I hope you stop hurting soon!
 
bottomshollow, Thats not good to fall but glad nothing much was hurt but pride. Please take care. tashia
 
Damn, damn, damn! I broke a tooth, right below the gum line, tonight and now I have to worry about that! I hope I can get emergency care tomorrow! Ugh.... I really, really hate this aging stuff!!! :hairpulling:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! I am so sorry about that. I have a front tooth that the inside corner was missing when I got up one morning--had a filling there--now filling is gone and has a rough edge--must do something about it one of these days.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Know just how you feel!!!


I did a small edit on your post--we have to watch our language here even when using stars---'cause everyone knows what it means. And some folks are more sensitive about these things than others---and there actually is a rule that says we are not to use profanity.

Take care, Jacky. I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Aw Jacky, it will be okay. I'm sure the dentist will get you in and get it fixed. It's hard to deal with an aging body. I will send you kind, loving thoughts. Tomorrow will be better. :bicycle2:
 
bottomshollow Thank you Judy for fixing my booboo:blush: and for your good wishes!:friends: This tooth broke almost in half, I really don't know how this happened since I get cleanings twice a year and xrays every year!:shrug: If there was a hairline crack you'd think it would have been caught! I just hope it's not too far down below the gumline that I'd have to lose it. Oh well I'll see what today unfolds!

rlwintin Thanks Randy, I'm so hoping it will be a quick fix!
 
KathyH & Janet2012 Thanks ladies! Yes indeedy it's always something, when you least expect it! Norm and I were just saying this morning it could have been worse, we could have been on the cruise! :shrug: Gotta look on the bright side I suppose! Still waiting for the dentist to call back, antibiotics are already in the works.
 
Sorry to hear about your tooth Jacky. Hope it won't take to much work to fix it. Normis right you could have been on the cruise when it happened. Let us know how things work out for you.
 
karmigirl Thanks Rose! :) I finally got an appointment for tomorrow at 1:30, and I'm hoping it goes smoothly. I think my dentist didn't want to touch it because I informed his office a couple of weeks ago that we would be looking for a new dentist in our new area, because he's over an hour away from us. That being said, we didn't connect with a new dentist yet, and this dentist still has our records of over 35 years, so when I didn't hear from his office by 1:00 today I called back, and the girl says, he's booked solid and Friday at 7:30 am is the earliest. I said, jeez I've got a wide open tooth here, doesn't he have any emergency time allotments (I know he does)?, she said let me check with him again and I'll get back to you! Sure enough,1:30 tomorrow during his lunch break! It's not like he didn't make enough money off of us already! I don't care what his demeanor is tomorrow, just do the darn job for crying out loud! :hairpulling:
 
Thanks for all your well wishes my friends!
The verdict is that we are able to save the tooth alebit expensive!:shrug: He did a root canal, and sizing for the post, and put in a temporary post and sealed whatever is left of the tooth today. May 3rd he will put in the permanent post, a temporary crown and order a permanent crown. At least I should be pretty good for the cruise. He was very masterful today and got a lot more done then we both expected!:) Lucky me, I think!:skep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom