Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky48. LOL, oh my gosh, that visual of you with those lamb shanks had me rolling!! Come to think of it, I can relate to those poor lamb shanks and my knee too!! Oh, brother, I think now I need some wine!!

Set the table!! I'll bring the key lime pie!! Nice and refreshing after a meat dish!!
 
Titianlady Whoa, key lime pie?, hurry up already! :) Honestly, I've never creeped out making a meal before! Norm use to fishing and he'd bring them home and I'd clean them and that never bothered me, but this.... another story all together! The oven has twenty minutes left and I am having a glass of wine and starting to get mellow and the memory of the preps is starting to fade, I think I can get through this! :heehee: Wine does have healing powers, ya know! :whistle:
 
ElanorG Titianlady Lisa and Toni, the recipe was great! The meat was, fall off the bone tender and the sauce, made of chicken stock, dry white wine, tomato sauce, leeks, onions, garlic cloves and carrots, was great on the brown rice a nice Pinot Noir was really nice with it!

Where are you gals? I'm still waiting for the desert! :umm: Actually, I'm stuffed! Sorry you didn't make it, but it's a good thing because Norm and I devoured the WHOLE thing! :) :shrug:
 
Jacky, sounds like it was a winner! Sorry I missed it but Elanor would not let me leave. LOL! No interesting dinner here, just leftovers and a nap. I googled the recipe and it looked good. I might look for lamb shanks and make it. I love braises this time of year.
 
Yes Lisa braising hardy meats this time of year is awesome, comfort food at its best! Like I said, if I couldn't find lamb shanks, I would have done it with short ribs. Now that I tried it I know short ribs would work great, except I'd probably use red wine in the recipe, for deeper flavor. The lamb didn't even have a gamy taste, so that's a big plus for me! I'll bet it would even work well in the crock pot, after braising the shanks.

Eleanor is a real "owner hog" isn't she! :heehee: Silly kitty! :kittykiss:
 
Elanor is terrible. At this time of year all she wants to do is lie in my lap and when I want to sew at the sewing machine she wanders around meowing and driving me crazy. She makes it very difficult to get anything done. Can you tell she drove me a little crazy today? I love her dearly but sometimes! I love braised short ribs. I do them sometimes and I also do oxtails. I made osso buco once, but after all the work I did not think it was anything special. I hope you have leftovers because it will probably be even better tomorrow!
 
You are so right about Elanor! When our cat, Cotton (she was pure white) of 18 years was alive, she would jump on my lap while I watched TV and her dead weight was so heavy on my bad knees, but I couldn't disturb her! They have such a mind of their own, because I would start to pet her and when she had enough of me, she would meow and jump of me like I was the bad guy! :shrug: Silly kitties! :scratch:

I never made oxtail a or osso bucco, however, I would try anything once and if I didn't like it, I won't do it again, but if I did like it, that recipe stays! :thumb: I would this lamb shank one again!

I hope you had a nice nap! :zzz:
 
Jackie 48,
Forgot to wish Micky and Minnie a happy birthday! Sounds like you celebrated deliciously. I'm looking forward to the two week celebration next Wednesday Actually sat down IN the bathtub today instead of standing. Felt wonderful to be warm all over. No more entertaining sleepouts but dozing is heavenly as I gain more appreciation for those who can float into such restorative pleasure. ruffian
 
I love oxtails. My mom used to make those all the time. My nap was not that long, just fell asleep while I was watching TV. It has been snowing off and on this afternoon so it was a lazy day. All of my cats have been lap cats. The tow I had before Elanor, one would lie on my lap and the other on my chest and I was truly immobilized. But at least when they got cold they had each other. Elanor only has me and she is very spoiled!
 
ruffian Thanks Lindsay, we did kinda pigged out today!

You actually got in a tub today? OMG, you really are a gumby! I hope you incision is closed and healed up, other wise you might risk infection, and we wouldn't want that! Ahhhh, the pleasure of sleep! :sleep:
 
Jacky48 I would have loved that meal!! Time for me to get out the crockpot and do a nice apple and onion stuffed pork loin.

I butterfly the loin, and then stuff it with apples and onion sautee in butter. Tie it up with cooking string, brown it, and then put it in the crockpot with some beef stock and apple juice. Let it cook all day, and it is yummy!!

When it's done, I make a butter and flour rue and pour in the liquid to thicken it for gravy. Serve it over mashed potatoes, and a nice fresh veg.
 
I see you ladies have been staying entertained this afternoon. Sadly it is now time for cooking on the left coast and I haven't started. Happily Lindsay has! She is only about 10 days post op! What a gal! I went for a walk with a friend for two miles. When I got back Lindsay is starting dinner. I love to cook and do 90% of it but lamb shanks? I don't think so. Did you run into one of those Stryker High Flex thingies? :rotfl:
 
Guess my email isn't letting me know that there are new posts anymore. Hmmm, maybe I hit something by mistake. I didn't get a chance to wish Mickey and Minnie a happy birthday. Thought my email was quiet the last few days. Jacky, I can just picture you working with that lamb shank and what was going through your head.
 
Titianlady Toni, you're making me hungry all over again for goodness sake! I'll have to keep that pork loin recipe in mind, because it sounds soooo good! Yummy...... :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Jacky, the lady chef, hard at work. Do you hire out? The meals you have described in your posts always make my mouth water. I'd even enjoy being a helper in your kitchen.

And byw, Happy
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
rlwintin Randi, it looks like you've got a keeper there! Yup! I'm with you, I never thought I'd cook lamb shank either, but voila, there I was doing it! :shrug: My dear, I ran into everything in those shanks, that's what's so creepy, listen the wine is wearing off and that creepy feeling is coming back! Oh, oh! :groan:
 
Guess my email isn't letting me know that there are new posts anymore. Hmmm, maybe I hit something by mistake. I didn't get a chance to wish Mickey and Minnie a happy birthday. Thought my email was quiet the last few days. Jacky, I can just picture you working with that lamb shank and what was going through your head.

I know what you mean Deb, I don't get that many email notices either, so I'm on a lot, scanning the BoneSmart site to keep in touch, I do lose touch though with some members! :shrug:

Thank you for the birthday wishes, the mice have been treating me pretty good so far! They do get cranky some times, but if I show them a little love and massage them, they love me again! Ya can never take a loved one for granted that's for sure!

Now, the lamb shank are another story! Yikes, what an experience, but a tasty one! :wink:

I hope you're doing well kiddo, have fun, life's too short for anything else! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Jacky, the lady chef, hard at work. Do you hire out? The meals you have described in your posts always make my mouth water. I'd even enjoy being a helper in your kitchen.

And byw, Happy
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Judy, I would love to hire out! Cooking seems to be my passion! I can't believe it, because no one else in my family, when i was growing up had that passion, except my younger brother who took culinary courses in a tech school, sadly he died at age 29, sweetest man I knew in my family! Today my son and daughter both love to cook! My kids would watch me cook, when they lived at home, and would laugh at me because as I cooked I would have some kind of music on the radio and sing away like no one could hear me! I think that's called abuse now a days! :skep: :heehee:
I would welcome you in my kitchen and at my table any time my friend!

I hope you and Paul are doing well! I know you were having other structural problems, and I hope they are not giving you too much grief!

Stay well kiddo! :friends:
 
Jacky, I remember my youngest son sitting in his car seat in the back seat and I would be singing along with the radio, and Jon would tell me... "momma, no sing, no sing". He gave me a complex now, I won't sing in front of anyone.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom