Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I took Norm to the doctors today and she gave him muscle relaxers for his back and she is looking to do an MRI, however he has a stent in one of his heart valves so she need to contact his cardiologist to see what material it's made of, if its metal then she will look into a CAT scan to see if its sciatica that he is dealing with! For now my sweetie is sleeping like a baby! :sleep:
 
Oh, my goodness Jackie, your Norm and my Lar could be brothers!! My Lar had to retire the end of November because of his back!! Herniated disks, sciatic pain, and muscle relaxers. He has so much pain from the sciatic pain that it is a chore just for him to go to the grocery store with me some days..he starts to limp from the pain down his butt and leg and I usually have to cut the shopping short and get him home. Today I went to the store without him..he wanted to go, but I said absolutely not. I needed to do a pretty big shopping and didn't want him to have to be in agony half way through it.

My sweetie is a hard head.. Just won't slow down when he needs to.

Here's hoping Norm gets some relief. Pain is so debilitating. And it hurts us to watch our loved one suffer.
 
Titianlady My, Toni, do ya think we're abusing them to much with all our lov'n! :skep: LOL.... Oh well, I guess they'll just have to deal with it! :heehee:
Ah, yes, pain is so debilitating, and we know that first hand don't we! Watching our loved one go through painful situations is worse than us going through them, for some odd reason! :scratch: Strange!

Thanks Toni, I hope the muscle relaxers do the trick too, because he is as bad as I'm about taking this type of drugs, but I know that if this doesn't work he will have to have an epidural shot in his back, and that he really will not like! We'll see!
 
Now Jacky, you leave that husband of your alone so he can recover. I can just see you poking Norm, hey, honey, how about it tonight..... :snork: Seriously, hope he will be fine. What about you, how is your neck doing? Are the shots still working?
 
Jackie, Hope Norm is recovering a bit from the doctor outing. Had a thought in the wonder department. Going through the x-ray to board a plane sets off the alarm because of the metal in my knee, if Norm's stent were metal would it set it off too? Oh the things drugged up brains think about. ruffian
 
Lindsay, I don't think something so small will set off the alarms at the airport, as I have a small metal implant in my toe and it doesn't go off. Never know though.
 
Debbie_joints Oh contrier mon ami, it is he who comes after me! And, a lady can not turn a gentle man down! :heehee: Some how this back thingy has not stopped him there! :shrug: The wonders of man! :scratch:

As far as my neck thing, I still have to do my exercises to try and release that dang neck muscle, some times are better than others! I must admit, it's not as bad as it was early on, so that's a plus in my book!

How about Dave, how is his neck doing?
 
Jacky, as we learned in here, carry a card will get you no where when trying to get through the metal detectors at the airport. As for your Norm, holy cow, he must be the energizer bunny girl. What must he have been like when he was young and in his prime... :whistle:
 
Deb, this is true, carrying a card does us no good, however the many times we have flown he has never had an alarm go off!

As far as Norm's prime, I don't think we've met it yet, mine either for that matter, we're still having fun! :) I believe everyday is a new day, better than the last! :thumb:
 
Jacky and Toni,
Please tell Norm and Lar I feel their pain. I only have to wait until MOnday now to find out what the new Dr. has to say. Sitting on pins nd needles (literally) until then. This pain is for the birds. Tell them to take their meds it will help and they really don't want to get to were I'm right now.
 
karmigirl Thank you so much Rose! I've been thinking a lot about you a lot lately and I wish you luck on Monday! Yes my friend, pain is for the birds, and I'm sure even they would not like it! I do tell Norm that he really does not want an epidural or disk fusion, however sometimes it unavoidable! :shrug: Hopefully the muscle relaxers will do the trick for Norm, he only took one dose tonight and it certainly seemed to knock him for a loop! He just took another before bed, so I'm guessing he'll sleep like a baby! :sleep: Night, night!
 
Thanks Janet! Yes, I have been getting ready! Short ribs for braising, check, pork loin roast, check, chicken cutlets, check, steaks, check, and plenty of wine, check! If we lose power the grill has a constant supply of propane fuel for cooking and our fireplace is also propane driven! Norm can't enjoy the wine, because he's on muscle relaxers, but I can! :) We are expecting 2+ feet of snow with blizzard winds so we'll see what happens! :shrug: Two storm masses meeting together is never a good thing! They said on the weather tonight that if we hear thunder during the beginning of the storm, we can expect 27 inches! :yikes: Thank god we moved in this community where they do all the hard work for us! We can sit back and enjoy the beauty of it all! :egypdance:
 
I will be thinking of you while I lay by the pool soaking in the sun...LOL Actually, it is suppose to get a little colder here too with highs only in the low 60's. Funny how they are talking about rain for Saturday here and it is only like a 20 to 30% chance, but it makes the news. Rain is so scares here. I know you and Norm will keep each other entertained during the snowstorm. :whistle:
 
I'm kinda hoping for the power to go out! I get the most creative with cooking when it does! :whistle: And, I love candlelight! :whistle: I remember when the kids were younger and I had planned a, bake stuffed shrimp dinner for a Sunday afternoon and the power went out, this was in our last house, and we had a coal stove in the rec room, that's where I cooked those shrimp, baked potatoes and of course I had a nice salad to go with it all, by candlelight! Good times, family and food, doesn't get much better than than, in my book! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Sounds so cozy and fun from your description, Jacky. But I hate for the power to go out---I have no water when the lights are out. And having no running water is no fun at all.
 
I agree Judy, it does get scary when you rely on the power for your water supply! Our son and his family live a few towns over and when they lose power, they lose the water supply as well, which is one of the main reason that we made sure to buy our new home that was supplied by the town! Last year when our son and grandsons lost power, and we still had power, we had them all over here for a hot meal and hot showers! For those who have well water and septic, oh it's not fun at all! :yikes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom