Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! I'm very much afraid my singing would not only be considered abuse but torture to boot! I have about an 8 note range---a low alto high baritone---and a bad ear so very flat. I never sing around anyone---even gave up singing in the shower.
 
Jacky, I hope you were able to enjoy your lamb shank! I made chili to take to my daughters, it was good, but we ran out! I'll have to make some more for home. No leftovers.
 
Aw man Deb, that's when you're suppose to ramp it up! The last place I work, I was a customer service rep and warehouse data entry, anyhoo, all guys were working in the warehouse part and I alway had the radio on in my work space, and when they walked in I would start singing off key and change the lyrics on purpose, it always got a laugh out of them, however it also kept them out of my space for a while! :whistle: This method also worked when I worked with all guy in the aerospace field, they really loved it! :yay: :loll:
 
Jacky, I hope you were able to enjoy your lamb shank! I made chili to take to my daughters, it was good, but we ran out! I'll have to make some more for home. No leftovers.

Janet, luckily the wine mellowed me enough to allow me to enjoy, the brain was not over active, shall I say, however I did make sure that I removed the meat from the bone really quickly, and discarded it!

Ah, I love left over chili! When I make it for parties, I always make more than enough, I fill the crock pot to take to the party, and I freeze lunch size baggies full for us. I love salad with romain lettuce, onions, avocados, salsa, shredded Mexican cheese, and crumbled tortilla chips! Yummmmm! OMG! I can't believe I'm still talking about food for goodness sakes! :heehee:
 
Jacky48 LOL I think we've all got food on the brain tonight!! I got so inspired I made homemade raviolis. Pasta and all!! Got out my pasta dough rolling machine and went at it. While the sauce was cooking, I made a key lime pie and
fresh sweetened vanilla whipped cream for the top.

Hubby ate good tonight. Ravioli, salad, garlic bread, and key lime pie. He's sitting at the table eating a second piece as we speak.
 
Toni, you are making me hungry again! I love making my own pasta! Yummmm!

Is that the key lime pie that you were suppose to bring over here? :heehee: Holy, moly do I need to get out the wooden spoon, Ms Toni? :umm:
 
Morning Jackie 48,
Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2. The day before me. Nearly two weeks and each day rejoicing with relief.
You'd have loved our supper--chicken broth/ sour cream/lots of butter in a white sauce filled with chicken bits over toast. I liked my lips over and over with each bite. I used to live in a house in a pasture with horses. There was a cherry tree in one corner and the horses would pick off the cherries, crunch and become still for a moment, eyes closed in pleasure. I'm guessing Mickey and Minnie might have to do a little jig now and then over lovely food. ruffian
 
Today, 8 months and 3 days! I did something that I haven't don't in over 4 years! I put my Ipod on and went for a walk in my new community! Ah to walk outside and listen to upbeat music, in the clean crisp February air with the sun shining on me, it simply just doesn't get much better than this!:yes!: I feel like a whole new person after this walk! I feel renewed, I feel whole again, like nothing can hold me back any more, I feel greatful for having such a great OS, I feel greatful for being given two new knees, which allow me to be able to walk and stand again painfree and last but not least, I feel greatful for having found BoneSmart and all the wonderful people here to help guide and support me through this wonderful, life changing experience!
Who knew that a simple walk outside, with two new knees could make me feel so happy! Lucky me!

Stay well all my BoneSmartie friends!:friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Who knew 8 months and 3 days ago that a new pair of knees would bring so many wonderful changes in our outlook on life and the things we can now do. Your walk is just one of the many joys you'll be experiencing from now on.



So
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
and all your todays from now on. You are one of the poster girls for BoneSmart, and on top of that you have a wonderful sense of the ridiculous that makes us smile and laugh and feel good.


Take care. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Nice! A renewing walk outdoors! I haven't done that in an equally long time. Today wouldn't have been the day for it here. Snow all day long and slick pavement.
 
You are so right Janet, there is NO way I would have attempted that if I saw slick walkways! :yikes: I had a lucky day, lucky m, way over due! By the end of the walk I felt a tightness in my lower back and my knees, especially the left knee (Mickey), but I figure if I keep doing it and build stamina my lungs, knees and back will come into check! I'm hoping!
Poor Norm's lower back, buttock and leg muscle have not gotten better since he got that cold/? that started over two weeks ago, it's to the doctors tomorrow for him! :shrug: I hope there figure it out, it worries me, he has never been hit with anything like this, he can hardly stand! He says, now I really understand why you couldn't walk or stand for so long before your BTKR, he didn't need to experience it to understand, did he? :shrug: I hate seeing him this way, I can actually feel his pain! :sorry:
 
Jacky, how fun was that, I can see you swinging your hips and walking to the beat. Just take it easy and work yourself into longer walking times. Sorry to hear Norm still is sick. Yes get that man to the doctor. Keep us posted, will pray for him.
 
Jackie 48--must be something in the atmosphere up here in the NW yesterday. I can so relate to your joy in being outside.
I wanted to be out so Randi grabbed my elbow and propelled me down the sidewalk while I concentrated on not dragging my feet--focusing instead on using the quad to get my foot off the ground and swing forward. The quick pace kept me from hitching and halting and I was flying with joy rampant! So glad to think of you in the sun, music blasting. Randi said she just wanted to die with this miserable cold?/flu? whatever going around . Sending healing thoughts to Norm. ruffian
 
HI Jacky,

Glad you enjoyed a day outside.

Sorry Norm is in pain, though. I hope the doctor can help him feel better soon.

Gee, I hate this new text formatting! I think I'll start using a colour, like Judy does! Can't do much about the line spacing, though! It all seems too close together. Makes the long paragraphs hard to read.
 
Jacky, how fun was that, I can see you swinging your hips and walking to the beat. Just take it easy and work yourself into longer walking times. Sorry to hear Norm still is sick. Yes get that man to the doctor. Keep us posted, will pray for him.

Thanks Deb, walking has always been one of my old time favorites, it gives me such a "freeing" feeling, add music to that, and that's how I envision heaven! :angel:
Thanks for the well wishes and prayers for Norm! I will keep you posted!
 
Jackie 48--must be something in the atmosphere up here in the NW yesterday. I can so relate to your joy in being outside.
I wanted to be out so Randi grabbed my elbow and propelled me down the sidewalk while I concentrated on not dragging my feet--focusing instead on using the quad to get my foot off the ground and swing forward. The quick pace kept me from hitching and halting and I was flying with joy rampant! So glad to think of you in the sun, music blasting. Randi said she just wanted to die with this miserable cold?/flu? whatever going around . Sending healing thoughts to Norm. ruffian

ruffian It was wonderful being out in the sunshine! I'm so glad Randi was able to help you enjoy the outdoors as well, it's so good to feel human again! :)
Thanks for the healing thoughts for Norm, he appointment is at 3pm at the doctors and we hope it's and easy fix!
 
HI Jacky,

Glad you enjoyed a day outside.

Sorry Norm is in pain, though. I hope the doctor can help him feel better soon.

Gee, I hate this new text formatting! I think I'll start using a colour, like Judy does! Can't do much about the line spacing, though! It all seems too close together. Makes the long paragraphs hard to read.

Thanks Celle, my walk outside was rejuvenating to say the least, I hope to enjoy more when the snow stops!
Thank you also, for the well wishes for Norm, hopefully well know more this afternoon as to what is going on with the boy, he looks so miserable! :sad:
 
Good for you, Jacky, on your lovely walk. How positive you always are, for yourself and for others :thumb:

Thank you Kathy, I hope you're doing we'll kiddo! Less pain helps me stay positive, pain is such a debilitating, negative feeling! I think it will be quite a long time yet, when I totally forget that god awful bone on bone pain I had before my TKR, so the positive thoughts will be around for a while yet!
Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom