Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Mickey and Minnie and Happy anniversary Jacky. Hope those mice are treating you well. It sure sounds like you and Norm were great parents and now grandparents, and it really sounds like the kids do appreciate it.

Thanks Rose, so far my nice, mice couple have been treating me well, but they do have their days! Being retired does allow me to pamper myself on the bad days, which I am very grateful for! :)

As far as being parents goes, none of us are given a set of rules, we just wing it! If it works, yay, we win, if it doesn't work, we keep trying and trying and trying..... We got lucky, I guess! All our kids appreciate us, however they don't know it until later in life! :shrug:
 
Jacky, is your cruise leaving from Seattle or Vancouver? Wouldn't it be fun if we could meet for lunch or something?
 
Since my knee will be there celebrating its month birthday, I know it insist of having ice cream. Isn't it amazing how far we have come. Just think not even a year ago we could hardle walk and pain. Now we can walk with out walker, cane, My problem is first in the morning when first getting up, It is stiff also after siting for a while. Wow we are on our way of freedom.

Ah, the power of ice cream! My all time favorite is Maple Walnut! HEAL ME "MAPLE WALNUT ICE CREAM"! :yahoo:
 
In Seattle they sell Caynne Ice Cream. It is really good. Jacky have a good trip. Everyone take care
 
Jacky, your trip isn't until May. We might just have to drive up to Van. Not so far for us! I'm thinking M & M will be one year old by then. Every Saturday in the summer we see the cruise ships from Seattle pass by on their way to Alaska. Our town is right on the Straits of Juan de Fuca. I've never heard of Caynne Ice Cream. What is wrong with me?
 
Jacky, A big happy anniversary to Micky and Minnie! Yeah for 8 months! :yay: :egypdance: Nice to know that it gets better all the time and that you are getting stronger and more ready for your trip. What a wonderful gift for yourself to do after the BTKR. Savor it! :kittykiss: :cheers:
 
Jacky, Yes, we are having a good day! I am trying to catch up some on the forum. I was at the pool for a couple of hours this morning and then the grocery store was a madhouse. Between the Super Bowl and the threat of snow, everyone is out in force shopping. Then I came home and had lunch and been doing laundry and will soon be sitting down to do some quilting. Elanor is sharing my lap with the iPad and I have a fire going in the fireplace. Hope you are having a good day too!
 
Oh man I'll bet the grocery store was packed! I'm glad I went to the store yesterday, because we're expecting snow too and I forgot about the Super Bowl!:yikes:
It's nice to hear that Elanor is keeping your lap warm, what a nice kitty!:kittykiss:
I'm about to start a new recipe that was in the paper yesterday, Mario Batali's Lamb Shanks with leeks and grapes. The picture in the paper looked so good that I had to go out and get all the ingredients. I have never made lamb shanks anything before and I never remember seeing them in the grocery store, so I was so lucky to find them yesterday! I probable would have substituded the lamb with short ribs, but I'm real glad I found the lamb shanks! I'm so excited, I love new recipes and I always surprise myself when it comes out right!:happydance: I guess I'm easy that way!:shrug:
 
MMMM, yummy, Jackie!! Set an extra plate! I'm coming to your house!!
 
Jacky, your recipe sounds delicious. I don't know that I have ever had lamb shanks before, but I love lamp chops, leg of lamb, etc. Sounds like you like to cook! I love to cook too but it fell by the wayside as my knees degraded. I usually cook on the weekends but this weekend if I make anything it will be a roast chicken and/or turkey chili. Let me know how your dish turns out. I like his show, but I have never made any of his dishes.
 
Jacky, I would love to. Scotty, beam me up! I will bring the wine, a nice Spanish red would go well with that dish I think, and maybe soem dessert. Oh well, I can dream and salivate!
 
Lisa, I love to cook, and I tend to get bored with the, same old, same old things that I cook some times and Norm loves when I try new recipes! The way to his heart is through his tummy!:) I think this is the first time that I make one of Mario's recipes though, can't wait to see how it turns out, I will be serving it with brown rice! Wish me luck!:friends:
 
Jacky48 I love to cook.. Your Norm sounds like my Lar..the way to his heart is through his tummy too! In a way I've kind of shot myself in the foot with the good food. He would rather stay in and eat my cooking than go out to dinner. Sometimes I have to almost hit him over the head to take me out for a meal cause I want a cooking break!!
 
Titianlady So true Toni, I think I shot myself in the foot too! Cooking was and still is my stress reliever! When I was working, coming home and delving into my super preparations was my way of leaving, that god awful work place behind me! We always had our meal together as a family so it was my relaxer! Love it still!
 
Jacky48 Jacky, that's just what I did! I came home from work and preparing supper was a way to decompress from the work day. I would get home, change out of my work clothes, make a cup of tea, and then disappear into the kitchen. There is something almost zen about creating a good meal for me.
 
Jacky, I never did much cooking on the weeknights. Most nights I went to the barn and rode my horse right after work and since it was only me, dinners were not much. But I used to entertain a lot on weekends for friends, and one of my favorite ways of relaxing was to spend a Sunday in the kitchen cooking
 
ElanorG Titianlady Okay, I did two things, preparing this meal, that I have never done before in my life! One, it really was kinda creepy when I took the shanks out of the pack to wash, and man I must admit it creeped me out because I realized that these are actually little legs! :yikes: I've made leg of lamb before but it was butterflied at the store! Then after washing them, even though Mario didn't say to trim them I could not see leaving the silver layer of the skin and the ligaments, because that never makes for a nice tender meat! So as I'm trimming the ligaments, it caused me to think of my own leg and the ligaments that I have in my leg, and it caused me to also realize, no wonder this knee replacement thing hurts! Aye yi yi, I was bonding with a lamb shank for goodness sakes! :groan: Norm was laughing his buttock off! Now I have cooked frog legs, chicken legs, and rabbit and it never hit me like this before! :scratch: I hope I can eat it when it come out of the oven! :skep: I'd better start having some wine now! Is it 5 o'clock yet! :heehee: One excuse is as good as any! :cheers:
I must say, the whole house smells awesome!

A nice Spanish red would be awesome Lisa! :thumb: I'll set another plate and if Toni makes it I set two extra plates and we can drive Norm crazy! :loll:

Oh yeah I almost forgot, #2, for this recipe I had to take the seeds out of the grapes! Never did that before! :shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom