Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celle It is a wonderful feeling, being able to help our kids when they're in need, isn't it! It gives us pride and a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!:)

It didn't matter that we started with very little, we made do and prospered from there! It's funny that our son still kids us about when he was a little boy, and we would splurge for a pizza, which was very seldom, we would only get cheese on it, no extras, way to costly for sausage, pepperoni etc...:heehee: He shares that story with his boys as one of his fond memories!:)
So, I'm sure your kids have great memories as well with your past camping trips and such! All good feelings!

How is your hubby healling? I hope his chest is hurting less! It takes so long to bounce back to our old selves after something like TKR and accidents, do you think it has anything to do with our age?!:umm:
You both must be getting so excited about your trip!:egypdance:
 
Nanners Thanks Gail for the kind words!:blush:

Isn't it great to hear and see how our grandkids turn out! I enjoyed watching my kids grow, but life was so busy I think we missed a lot, but with grandkids you can actually see their wheels turning in their heads. We see so much of our kids in our grandkids, their smiles and their mannerisms, sweet!
 
Thanks Janet, I had forgotten! I actually had to look at the top of the morning paper to see the date!

I'll have to report more fully later, when I'm fully awake!
 
Wait it's not jUne! What am i missing! its feb first!!!! okay off to work! hi ho hi ho!!!!! pray for no emergencies today. teenagers just have a way with accidents...even if it's just glueing their lips to their projects!!!
 
You know with all of you talking about helping your kids and grandkids with college, for Dave and me we didn't have much for cash flow. We are worth a lot because of our investment in the farm but it is not liquid. I don't totally understand how the grants and things worked, but my kids got a lot of help from the government because we didn't make much money for our wages. But my kids worked hard too especially my daughter who went to a private college and got so much of it paid for by the college. You do have to be careful though, as I have seen some kids that didn't have to help work for their college education and they didn't take it seriously because they weren't paying for it. Our youngest son learned quickly that if he screwed up and failed a course, he had to pay for it a second time. If you pay for it, better put limits on how much.
 
Debbie_joints Deb, both our daughter and son worked while in college, but their money was used for their car maintenance, car insurance and their clothing. We started saving for their college education before they even started kindergarten. At first it wasn't very much because we didn't make much, but a little each paycheck. There were a few years that I didn't work, but that was only when our kids were born up until they were 5 years old. Norm went to night school for about the first 20 years of our marriage, first he got his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree, then his Masters Degree in Computer Science, graduating with high honors. I'm very proud of him! :) He started making really good money, and I worked in the aerospace field for over 20 years and was earning a pretty buck, so we knew as we grew that we could afford to get our kids through college without them having to pay back any loans! They were both very responsible kids and they both started working when they turn 15, back then that was allowed! Now they both are earning 6 figure salaries, in high positions. Not bad for 2 kids (Norm & I) who got married at 17 & 23 with only $600.00 bucks in their pocket! So needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, we are pretty darn proud of ourselves! :)
 
Jacky, kids to be proud of and proud of yourself for raising your kids so well. Dave and I were talking too that all three of our kids turned out pretty well and we are thankful.
 
Jacky, kids to be proud of and proud of yourself for raising your kids so well. Dave and I were talking too that all three of our kids turned out pretty well and we are thankful.

Deb, you and Dave should be proud of yourselves as well, and I'm sure you are!

I'll tell you though there were time while they were in their teens, Norm and I would look at each other and think, what the heck is in that head of there's, :scratch: Teens can be scary, to say the lest! :yikes: Our kids never came with a manual! :skep:
 
Gosh I have not been celebrating my knee anniversaries....Next time I will schedule surgery on an easier day to remember. ha! Feb 16 will be 4 months so I'm just 3 1/2 months. Seems a lot longer or should say I keep thinking I am further down the road. Wonder how most folks are at 3 1/2 months. Jacky how is 8 months? Do you still get in trouble and swell and get alot of pain if you over do it? Do you still have lots of stuff thats HARD for you? Can you put your foot behind your head and sit indian style. hahahahaha
 
Marianne, I am also on the 16th, but mine is Aug. I am just so happy how I am doing now. I can't believe it since coming out here to AZ. Not that it is always warm, cold at night, but just being active is so nice.
 
Brownie51 Marianne you silly girl! You should always celebrate your weekly, monthly and yearly anniversaries for you knee replacements! It's a brand new life!
Since you asked, I must say that at 8 months, as of today, my knees are still tender to the touch, surface wise, however bending and straightening are not a problem. I try to kneel every now and then and Mickey and Minnie are not fond of it yet! :skep: obviously they don't care what I like! :heehee: Bad mice! :umm: Climbing the stairs seems to be easier now that I have upped the tension on my recumbent bike and built muscle in my quads! A big plus! I really need to get in shape for our Alaskan trip in may, so I'm working really hard on exercise for that!
At 8 months after BTKR I must say that I could not be happier! If this were a dream, then I would do it again! Thank god it's reality and I am a lucky person! :thumb:
 
Mickey and Minnie Happy 8 months birthday. Time flies when you are having fun. February 4th are my knee. We need a picnic here. I will bring the apple pies. What will you bring. Of course we do need cakes for Minnie and Mickey and for all the joint replacments that are on that day or week.
 
Happy birthday Mickey and Minnie and Happy anniversary Jacky. Hope those mice are treating you well. It sure sounds like you and Norm were great parents and now grandparents, and it really sounds like the kids do appreciate it.
 
tashia Okay hon, I'm bringing prime rib and bake stuffed shrimp, because I love making those! Mickey and Minnie will love apple pie as a birthday cake, however do you think you can add vanilla ice cream to top it off? :)
 
Since my knee will be there celebrating its month birthday, I know it insist of having ice cream. Isn't it amazing how far we have come. Just think not even a year ago we could hardle walk and pain. Now we can walk with out walker, cane, My problem is first in the morning when first getting up, It is stiff also after siting for a while. Wow we are on our way of freedom.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom