Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tashia, I was wondering how your avatar name came about! She was beautiful, and I so happy you shared her picture with us! Thanks!

I wish you a good week as well my friend! Stay well, and try and stay positive, life is worth living!
 
Tashia has a story, After my 18 year old male died I wanted to get a Female because Buddie had been with me so long so I started looking for a female. The night before I dreamed about a blonde dog around 25 lbs. Named Tashia. So after looking all day I had one more place to look. I went to it and in a corner was a blonde female dog. I went over and she was acting as if she was waiting for me. I looked at her age and she was already 5 and 1/2 years old. I thought man that is already a old dog and I get so attached to them. I then looked at her name it was Tashia. She had come in my dreams the night before so how could I not take her. I adopted her and she lived with me for over 10 years. Mother Nature came to me that night and told me about her so I am now waiting for her to come again to tell me which pet I will get next. I know that sounds strange but this has happened to me two times. With her and the dog before her name Buddie. She is taking her time like before but I do know this Buddie and Tashia were most lovable dogs I have every had so I wait patience for Mother Nature to come and tell me of my next animal. She knows just what I need and then tells me about them. God works in many ways and this how he tells me about my animals. Tashia
 
Janet..regard the hair around incision...My OS explained that its from the extra circulation that went to the area. I would have thought we had less circulation with the surgery..but that's what he said. And the hair will stop growing like that after a while, it's not permanent. If it was permanent I am sure the OSs would have marketed something to increase the hair growth on all their own heads!
 
Jacky, been catching up on your thread. How are your knees doing? I guess pretty good since all the posts are about pets, leg hair and dental stuff! :)

nmscienceteacher and Brownie51 It is very normal to have excessive hair growth on an injured limb. Same thing happens when you break a leg and your leg is in the cast. My leg looked like a Neanderthal leg after my cast came off years ago. There is always much more circulation and blood flow to an injured site as it it necessary to remove the damaged tissue, so your hair grows faster there for awhile. It will eventually go back to normal. My TKR leg still has the hair grow a little faster than the other one, so I know she is still healing, albeit not as much as earlier on.
 
What is up with our brains anyway (or maybe it's just mine and I'm slow)???:scratch: Before TKR I always had to really depend on the arms of a chair or a table or the counter in the bathroom to hoist myself up, now if I don't think about it I just get up on my own power, not holding onto anything, but if, for just one minute I think about it, I grab hold of something again!:skep: I started catching myself do these the last couple of days, and I can't believe I'm annoying myself!
The same with walking up the stairs! I use to have to climb the stairs one at a time, always leading with the right leg, but if I don't think about it's one foot over the other, however if I do think of it for a nano second, there I go again! caught myself doing it this morning! Come brain, kick in and do your job will ya!!!!!:gaah:
 
What is up with our brains anyway (or maybe it's just mine and I'm slow)???:scratch: Before TKR I always had to really depend on the arms of a chair or a table or the counter in the bathroom to hoist myself up, now if I don't think about it I just get up on my own power, not holding onto anything, but if, for just one minute I think about it, I grab hold of something again!:skep: I started catching myself do these the last couple of days, and I can't believe I'm annoying myself!
The same with walking up the stairs! I use to have to climb the stairs one at a time, always leading with the right leg, but if I don't think about it's one foot over the other, however if I do think of it for a nano second, there I go again! caught myself doing it this morning! Come brain, kick in and do your job will ya!!!!!:gaah:

"Mechanics is muscle memory" and we get very used to reaching for support---and our bodies lock this into memory and into proprioception. Then, after a TKR or a BTKR, we suddenly walk normally and without pain, and our leg muscles---as well as other muscles---get stronger and suddenly, we can "forget" to use supports, as we really do not need them any more!
 
referee54 Tim, then why do I still stand with a slight bend in the TKR knee if what you said above is the case I have stood like this for years to protect my knee from the pain and now the pain is gone, but I still keep having to remind myself to straighten my leg. I do notice that when my hip flexors are tight it is worse and when they are stretched I straighten more easily. But I am still having to think about this.
 
Your knee is used to doing what it has been doing for years---and it takes effort and practice to get away from it. I had to work very hard on fixing my gait after my BTKR, and I had to practice walking correctly and standing correctly. It does take a conscious effort!

I also still use a whirlpool to stretch my legs and hip muscles. It prevents a great deal of issues with my tight hammies and quad muscles!
 
Tim, yes I love the whirlpool too and it does take a lot of conscious effort. Wish I could marry it! :) I get the best stretches there. What stretches do you do for your hips in the whirlpool?
 
Wow! All great tips above, thanks you guys! Even at almost 8 months out I still have to teach myself and my body how to do things the normal way after my BTKR! I suppose, however, I should not be surprised since I have been deteriorating for the last 13 years or so! Who knew I was not only affecting my body, but also my mind! :shrug: It's all becoming clear to me now! :scratch:
 
Last night I got woken up by Mickey (left knee) with such a pinching sensation on the outside of my knee.:skep: I hadn't felt anything like that in quite a while! It wouldn't let me go back to sleep so I reached down and started rubbing it softly for about a minute and finally it calmed down! I guess it was some kind of nerve waking up or something, still some healing going on I guess!:shrug:
 
Oh our joints will always let us know they are with us even if you are feeling really good. They like the attention just like when our kids were little. You should have woke up Norm, I am sure he would have rubbed it for you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Now if you girls are going to fight over this----I'll just take the title and that will be that (of course, I don't come anywhere close to either of you in the arena).
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
bottomshollow Oh surely you jest Judy, you must be hidding something from us!:heehee: I'm sure that title would wear well on you too missy!:friends:

Debbie_joints You must know by now that the "Bad Girls Club" is made up on all queens and we just added a new one, Judy!:yay: :egypdance:
 
I'm so glad I read this thread! I have dental appointment on Monday for a cleaning and I completely forgot about getting antibiotics!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom