Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only in some states. I think in MI we used to have it but I think it is gone now. I don't review my license often though so it could still be on there. I just want to weigh less than I do! Lol
 
God lord, I had to look at my license to see if my weight was on it, thank goodness it is not! Whew!!! You're right Rita way too much information! :shocked:
 
Yep Deb I m with you, i have lost so much weight, they may not believe it's me in the photo.
Yeah Jacky even at 44, i look back at pass port pictures from when was 32, and yikes big difference:shocked:
 
We have to report our weight in MI but it isn't on our license. it shows up on the computer if the police run the number. My passport photo at 50 was better than at 40. I can't remember the one at 60, i've probably blocked it from memory. I remember having to show my license, with an 8 year old photo, to someone after I had gained all my weight, and the guy said, "geez, what happened to you?" Good thing I can let things roll off my back, but I do remember it! It. It bothers me more now, probably because I thought I deserved the comment at the time.
 
[USER=7744 said:
KayeKaye[/USER] I think getting both done would be a good move for you, this way you can move on with your life and start enjoying pain free days! How are your teeth coming along are you making some headway?

Hi, thanks for asking. My teeth are just going from bad to worse. The Dentist thinks I should have the Orthodontist write a note explaining my teeth are not infected but just taking a long time to heal and maybe they would go ahead and operate. But I am not comfortable with that. My previous operations have all taken a longer time to heal than normal and I'm allergic to penicillin so I need to be careful. I am extremely frustrated as I do nothing but sit as the pain increases. I feel more than a hundred years old, judging by my Mom who passed at 97 and she was a lot more active than me even when I was healthy. I have tried so hard to keep a good attitude and have for a long time. But it's getting harder. I'm so glad to have all the forums stories like yours to read. Thanks.
 
Since the topic of leg hair came up....why does it grow twice as fast on the TKR leg as the other one? It also seems thicker and darker but that could be my imagination...lol.
 
KayeKaye I so feel for you, because it is so frustrating when you want to move forward and something else, like your teeth worries, is holding you back! I certainly believe you when you say, I feel more than a hundred years old, because that's exactly how I felt before I had mine don't, I just wanted to cry all the time, and a lot of times I did just that! And, you're right about another thing, it is hard, if not impossible, to have a good attitude when you're in so much pain! I'm willing to bet that the majority of people walking this earth, that need joint replacements, never had an inkling that there would be a connection between dental problems and joint replacements, I know I didn't. I didn"t even know that after BTKR, I would have to take antibiotic for the rest of my life when seeing a dentist for cleaning or dental work. It amazes me the things I learn as I walk through life! And here, when I was a teenager, I thought I knew everything!:shrug: Simply amazing! I hope what I learn tomorrow, I'm going to like cause some of these things scare me!:scary:

Does the dentist have any time frame for you to be all healed?:console2:
 
Thanks, see that's why I love this forum. You guys really understand. No the dentist doesn't have any insight other than it can take up to a year for root canals to totally heal for some (un)lucky people. His only other advice is to pull teeth. I never even had bad teeth problems till this year, go figure. But worst case scenario is wait another 6 months see if it's healed then pull a couple teeth and wait 6 months to a year for that to heal. ugh. Then I WILL be a hundred waiting that long :hissy: or at least feel more like it. :heehee:

Well anyway my hubby is being really nice and picking up the slack around the house. But it just makes me feel all the more guilty as the men die younger than us and I feel like I am driving him to his grave sometimes with all I can't do.
:groan:
Ok enough of that, and back to a better attitude. Sorry for hijacking your thread, thanks for listening. I'm just so glad things are going well for so many of you on the forum.
:flwrysmile:
 
KayeKaye, You didn't hijack my thread, so never worry about that, please! Thank goodness hubby is helpful, I'm sure he's glad he can help you that way. Hopefully the healing will go quickly so you can get your knees taken care of! Please keep us update on your progress, we care! :console2:
 
Can Tashia come and say HI. She was my dog for many years. I thought I would put her in my Avatar so I will get another dog or cat. She was always getting into something. :heehee: Have a good week. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom