Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'll stay away from you lot for a while - don't want to catch your germans :heehee:

Jacky, exercise once you get into the swing of it, is quite addictive. Now I am on the exercise bike on a regular basis (15 minutes, three times a day) I have withdrawal symptoms if I miss one session.
 
I don't blame you Kathy, I'd stay away from me too, if I could! I know what you mean about withdrawal symptoms! It's hard to get started with exercises, but once you do you can't stop! :happydance:
 
15 mins x 3 daily - blimey! Need to pull my (exercise) socks up, you are leaving me behind. Haven't bought Leslie Sansome yet, I only have a small house & that's my excuse! :)
 
I was just looking at my legs tonight and I thought," holy, moly", I have 2 foreign objects in my body and they are giving me a new life! It doesn't get much better than that! :thumb: What a great feeling I have with myself for making this decision!
 
Now the possibilities are endless Jacky, way to go for making the decision to get new knees. Enjoy them to the fullest. Coming back to the same RV park has taught me to try and live your live to the fullest as each year we find out someone from the park hasn't come back. A person never knows.
 
You are so right Debbie, and the same to you my friend! Climb that mountain, but do it with a friend, preferable with hubby, because you'll never have a closer friend! Put both your names in that metal box when you reach the top! :friends:
 
I was just looking at my legs and thought, "holy moly", I haven't shaved in a while! Lol! I think that will be a project for me today. I could feel the hair swishing around in the pool yesterday. It's mostly fine white fuzz, but I have this lone black hair that is 1 1/2 inches long. Oh wait, there's another on the other leg! Okay, TMI, I know. I have to do something about this. I wish we could go get a shave at a salon like men can get a shave at a barber shop. I hate shaving.
 
Janet, you had me rolling on this one! :rotfl: You are a hoot! When you said you can feel the hairs swishing in the water in the pool, all I could envision is these two legs with 3 inch long black hairs swishing in the pool giving you resistance as you try to move! Hahahahaha My armpits are the ones I hate shaving, it gets harder and harder to crank my aching neck to see where I'm shaving! Yikes, the woes we have as we age! :groan:
 
Yes Jacky, exercising can can be addicting i try to walk everyday around my driveway that is paved, its boring, but better than sitting in chair all day, i try to get up every 30 minutes and walk around for 5 minutes, my tkrs are yet to come for a good while, but i have made a lot of progress, in the weight dept, have lost 55 lbs, just by walking, of being on pain killers is helping me tolerate it. yes i know they mask the pain, but is one to do. You have to live some type of life.
Stay well my friend and keep up the good work:thumb:
 
J Yikes, the woes we have as we age! :groan:

Janet and Jacky: And here I was, believing the adage that the hairs on our legs get fewer as we grow older, so that we can have time to deal with the hairs that start to grow on our chins! :whistle:
 
Tell me about, I am few bit years younger and still worrying about those stupid chin hairs, Good ole tweezers:yes!:
 
Janet and Jacky: And here I was, believing the adage that the hairs on our legs get fewer as we grow older, so that we can have time to deal with the hairs that start to grow on our chins! :whistle:

Celle, way too funny but very serious!:scratch: A few years back my thyroid meds were not regulated well, dose to high, and I lost my hair on my head, my eyelashed, my eyebrows and my hair:whistle: , but it continued to grow on my upper lip, my chin, in my nose and my legs, now that was a down right mean trick of Mother Nature to play on me! Me thinks! I was a pluck'n and a shav'n right through it all, and it took over a year for it to correct itself! The good thing that came out of it, must always look on the bright side, is that I got a very nice wig, if the need ever arises again!:ok:
 
Strange the way these topics come up .............. I have an electrolysis appointment 2moro, & no it's not for my LEGS! B****y hormones (or lack of!) :gaah:
 
Yes Rita, I agree! :gaah: I went to an electrolysis for over a year and I swear she missed every hair follicle I had on my upper lip and chin! :hairpulling: I finally said, forget about it! Hormones a muck! :shrug:
 
Oh, I had a nice shave in the shower at the pool! I can lean on the wall and put my foot on the bench and there is good light! Ever so much better than my shower at home. I shaved right over the incision for the first time!
 
I have yet to shave with a blade, I use an electric razor, so I give you a big high five for shaving over the scar as well! :friends: I still get nervous over the scar!
 
I have been shaving over my scare for awhile now. I use a razor that has that gel surrounding the blade I really like that kind. Kind of expensive, but I like that you don't need shaving cream.
 
We need new passports for our trip to Alaska, because our flight would land in Canada, so we need new passport photos. :yikes: Now, what the heck happened to us in 13 years while my knees where getting worse? :scratch: Norm and I can't believe how much we change, you'll notice I didn't say how much we've aged! :heehee: if I get my nerve up I might post both pictures! All I gotta say to the young folks reading this, enjoy where and how you look right now, because it doesn't get any better, it gets worse, not in our minds, but our bodies are not as forgiving! :skep:
 
I can't believe my drivers license photo and the weight listed. First time in my life that I weigh less then what is on my license.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom