Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best things about living on the west coast is that we are "close" to Hawaii and Alaska, in fact Alaskan snowbirds come here (northern Washington) for a balmy winter! Hawaii is awesome and if you stay away from the super commercial areas its idyllic and quiet. Very relaxing. And prices can be very reasonable away from the tourist areas. It sure would feel good to float that TKR leg while snorkeling and watching turtles and fish swim by. Good quad exercise to! :heehee:

Yes, I like to see your picture and its a very nice one too.

Randi, you are living in an ideal spot for sure! Can I say envy!
Thanks for the compliment on the avatar! I was just looking at it and thought, my, when I was younger and if I wore a shirt with that low cut I would have had cleavage! :scratch:
 
Do we start calling you "Jiggy Jacky" Now is the reference to your Jigging, mean dancing on the dance floor, or dancing between the sheets? Oh Oh, will it be that kind of night in here again? Let's see if Lisa will add something to this and spice it up. We could use a laugh tonight.
 
Baby, with these new knees I will jiggy anywhere! :) And, I do like the nickname "Jiggy Jacky", because I haven't jiggied in a long time, and I'm over due! :heehee:
 
Debbie, I think you guys will have to spice it up without me. I am fighting a sinus infection and feeling blah and am hoping to get a lot of sleep tonight. But I really like "Jiggy Jacky". Sounds like a mob name! Suitable for the "Bad Girls Club". :)
 
I stole Jiggy and named my Just Dance avatar today Jiggy Gram. I think Jiggy Janet would have been better, but Jiggy Jacky is the best!
 
Hey Janet "Jiggy Gram" sounds great too! Heck with these new knees we can both "jiggy" to our hearts content! Jiggy Janet, jives too! I do believe Pat started something here in the states! :thumb:
 
I just have one question. Why is it that whenever, and to or from wherever I fly, I ALWAYS end up at the absolute farthest gate at the Detroit airport?

Oh my gosh! This happens to me every time too! I don't travel much but it does happen every time! Also, whenever my hubby and I get a hotel room we are in the farthest corner away from the elevator! Without fail!
 
Wow planning trips again, what a rush. I hope you find a great cruise and celebrate your new knees. I hope to be able to vacation again, of course Hawaii for me.

So how are you doing? I haven't followed lately, been too depressed with all my endless tooth troubles. Sounds like you are doing great!
 
Yes KayeKaye, We are looking forward to our dream vacation, an Alaskan cruise with a rail tour. I can't believe how excited Norm is! I am so happy I did this for both of us! You being only 61, I would push for you to get both done at once if that's what you need! When I was contemplating getting my knees done I realized that I was holding both of us back from enjoying life! That's when I decided to get both knees done at once, one surgery, one recovery, one rehab and one bout of heavy duty drugs, it doesn't get much better than that! KaySo, as you can see, I'm very happy. with the results after 7 months! I wish you the best in your decision making process, it's not easy, but it is worth it my friend! :thumb: KayeKaye

As of today I am able to do a Leslie's walking DVD for two miles and my stationary bike for 5 miles at a tension of 5! Woohoo for me!

bassplayer Happy New Year you as well! I hope all is well with you and your recovery my friend! You are new out of the gate for your left TKR and I hope all is going well! :friends:
 
Oooohhh Hawaii is wonderful. It's the "Go to" vacation here in Southern California. Walking in the rain forests or hiking around a volcano, the sights are amazing. Lots of good food. Watching whales, snorkeling, it's all there for you. It would be a nice vacation for someone who is newly knee recovered.
Its 2 AM, came down with a cold and all "stuffed up". That's the beauty of Bone Smart, all of you are there in our hours of need! Jiggy Jacky... I like that!
 
Wow Jacky, you are doing great with that Leslie DVD and biking. Can't wait for me to get to AZ and our park to get more walking and hiking in too.
 
I think I am going to get both done at once, my doctor was surprised but I know I would put it off for the 2nd too long if I did one at a time. Might as well heal it all at once. So unless he tells me he won't, which he hasn't, it will be both at once. It's just these teeth problems that's keeping me from going forward but it will work out sooner or later I hope.

Brownie, the airfare from CA to HI is so much better than from here, jealous :yes:
 
Brownie51 Norm was saying Hawaii would be our next big trip, after Alaska!:yay: I seem to have come down with a dang cold too! Norm started in the beginning of the week and I told him there would be no kissing this weekend, and now look I got it too, so I guess I have no choose now, but to let him kiss me!:heehee:

Debbie_joints I'm getting pretty hooked on this exercise thing, it's habit forming! I don't feel so sluggish! A couple more days and you should be there! I hope your trip is going well so far!:thumb:

KayeKaye I think getting both done would be a good move for you, this way you can move on with your life and start enjoying painfree days! How are your teeth coming along are you making some headway?
 
ha jacky now we are giving each other colds! thats great about doing the videos. my dvd is tired of waiting for me. i am pretty pooped from my work day and this last week so much stuff at night too.
 
Hey Jacky, now you have a cold too! Everybody seems to be sick, whether on the forum or everyone I know in person. Sounds like you have some great travel plans in the making! Cruises are not high in my bucket list, but going to Hawaii especially during the winter, just sounds like the perfect antidote to colds, flu and the blues!
 
Hi Lisa, Norm must have given me this darn cold, because we don't venture out much this time of year and I know that every time I go shopping or in a public place the first thing I do is wash my hands, and if I hear someone coughing in another isle at the store I stay clear away, that being said, most men do not wash their hands enough, which leads to a mess, they might as well be children in a school yard! I'm constantly reminding him to wash his hands, I hate sounding like a mommy, becausei I am not his, but sheesh, I need to save myself! Anyhoo, sorry about ranting! I should consider myself lucky, I haven't had a cold in at least 3 years!

We have never been on a cruise, it was never one of our desires for travel, except however, this Alaskan cruise and rail tour and the beautiful scenery, is what pulled us in! We are the type of people who like the quiet vacation, off season, on the beachfront on the coast of Maine, so this cruise thing is a first and probably a last! When I was younger Hawaii was my dream vacation, now it's second! Go figure, aging does change us for sure! Those were the days when I was wild and hot, now I'm just... :whistle:

I hope you had a good day at your quilt outing!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom