Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your cruise sounds wonderful! What a great thing to look forward to.

Yes Lisa, it'll give me a reason to get my butt in gear, and get some of this extra skin off of it!:whistle: We've never had the desire to go on a cruise, except for this one, so it would be quite an accomplishment for us to get this one done! You see we're not really crowd people, and sitting down to dinner with a group of strangers just isn't our style, so I guess we would have to step out of our comfort zone too!:martini: Bring on the martinis!
 
Jacky, an Alaskan cruise would be so good for you and Norm. I know my sister is very happy that she and her husband went on an Alaskan cruise last year. So glad she got that trip in while he was still feeling ok. Dave wants to go to Alaska, but he wants to take a month and go in the motor home. Don't think it will be this coming summer, but maybe next year.
 
Jacky, you will love Alaska! It's beautiful.

In 2007, John and I had a week in a motor home, touring around Alaska on our own, and then we took a southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver. We went in May and there was still snow on the mountain-tops, while all the trees had bright, new Spring growth. I fell in love with it!

Caryl
I'll bet you had a wonderful time! I've seen some awesome pictures from a young lady I worked with, and she live there for a couple of years! Breathtaking! I was looking at the ad again and the southbound cruise would be from Seward to Vancouver. I am getting excited by the minute! Thanks for sharing your experience Caryl!:thumb:
 
Debbie_joints I am so glad your sisiter got to enjoy such a great vacation with her hubby, and while he had his health, beautiful!

Isn't great to have our life back and be able to plan trips! You and Dave would so enjoy it in your motor home! What an awesome trip that would be for you guys!:thumb:
 
Are you planning on a cruise? I love them. I have done the Alaska cruise and it was great. It was a sewing cruise that a friend and I put on. Isn't it great to be able to look for the furture. I get so excited thinking now of the things I can do now. I am still waiting for Minnie and Mickey to get to see who they are named after. :loll: Do take care and do have lots of fun. Tashia
 
Jacky....thanks for letting us know your Usertitle needed an update. Boy, DID IT!!! You're a "supremo" now....congratulations and thanks for all your great support on BoneSmart!!!
 
tashia You are a hoot my dear! You make me laugh every time you you mention Mickey and Minnie going to see who they were named after!:heehee: Maybe I should go on a Disney cruise instead.:skep: I can't just do everything they want to do, after all they make me get outta bed every morning!:heehee: Isn't it wonderful that our new body parts have allowed us to plan for our future and have fun doing it! YIPEEEEEEE!

Have you thought any more about getting your puppy soon and what kind you would like?:puppysmooze:
 
I'm thinking about Hawaii sometime as well, but wouldn't want to get there and have it look like Miami Beach.
 
Ahhh, Hawaii use to be my first choice, so maybe some day! I've never been to Miami Beach, but by the way you made it sound it's peobably not a pretty picture. I've known a few people who have gone and they say it's beautiful, but expensive! But, then of course beauty and expense is sort of, to each his own, because we all have different views on that.
 
Janet and Jacky,
I've been to Hawaii and it is beautiful. It does depend on where you go though, Oahu (Wikiki) is a bit more downtown anywhere, but Maui was wonderful. I did not get to the big island but do hear it is beautiful there also. I'd go back anytime.
Jacky,
My dream is to go on an Alaskan cruise too. Someday my ship will come in (or go out) and I will get there. All I need now is to get this back in order and things will be a go.
 
Thanks for the input Rose, and I so do hope all goes well for your back soon! Let us know how it goes for you at your doctor's on Thursday, I'll be praying for the best outcome my friend!
 
Jacky, love your new avatar! Nice to see you. I switched back to the old me since the holidays are over.
 
Thanks! I need to get a better picture of me. Maybe next time I get together with my quilt group I can get someone to take a picture, maybe get me and Elanor together! :kittykiss:
 
Jacky I love your new Avatar. Nice to put a face to a name. Getting jiggy with it
 
I would have had a chance to go to Hawaii for my nephew's wedding, but my son got his wife pregnant and that is more important to me and I am going to CA instead. Funny thing, I told my sister that I got my flight and she said that is the same day they are all coming home and having to spend 7 hours at LAX. Trouble is, I am flying into Burbank. That was closer to my son's place. Oh well, Hawaii will have to wait until another time.
 
One of the best things about living on the west coast is that we are "close" to Hawaii and Alaska, in fact Alaskan snowbirds come here (northern Washington) for a balmy winter! Hawaii is awesome and if you stay away from the super commercial areas its idyllic and quiet. Very relaxing. And prices can be very reasonable away from the tourist areas. It sure would feel good to float that TKR leg while snorkeling and watching turtles and fish swim by. Good quad exercise to! :heehee:
 
Pat, your saying "get jiggy with it" will be with me for a long time! I just hope I don't abuse it! I tend to do that when I like something! :whistle: Thanks for the compliment on my avatar!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom