Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you are! Honestly, your thread wasn't here a minute ago, I checked and checked! Happy New Years 2013 and Happy 7 monthe anniversary today to you, Mickey and Mickie! What a way to start the new year, with so much to look forward to!
 
Thanks Janet! I can't believe I forgot today was Mickey, Minnie and my 7 month anniversary! What was I thinking?:skep:
It feels so good to think, okay 2013, bring it on..... Last year at this time we were both looking ahead to having new knees, anxious and yet skeptical about the outcome, and look at us now!!!
Can you believe that there is such a difference in our lives in 7 months time???? It's just so great, that it still brings tears to my eyes! I feel so lucky for being alive at a time when this is available, which gives us a life changing option! And, we grabbed that darn brass ring and held on for dear life and got our new knees!:yay:
Look at us now my recovery buddy, look at us now!!!

I can do my exercises now without pain! I can stand for long periods of time doing what I love to do, cooking, without pain! I can sit in a car and drive without my knees locking up, and without pain! I can sit in a restaurant and have a nice meal without being in agony and can't wait to head home, afraid of getting up out of the chair! I can actually climb and descend stairs one foot over the other WITHOUT pain!

Life is GOOD! I feel like a whole new person! I looked at Norm last night, as we were talking about the year we were about to leave behind, and said, can you believe that we can actually travel a lot more this year! He had the biggest smile on his face!:) Love that smile!:)

I said when I started this journey, that I had finally opened my eyes and realized that I was not only holding myself back from living with my bad knees, I was also holding Norm back as well! I was taking him down with me! Not fair! Not right! It was up to me to make the change, no one else could do it for me! And, I did it and I'm so proud of myself!:egypdance:

Come on 2013, bring it on!!!!
 
:goodpost: Jacky, so glad things are so GOOD! Looking forward to hearing all about your's and Norm's travels this year and always love to hear good knee news!
 
Jacky,
You go girl and don't look back. What a wonderful outlook you have and a tremendous recovery also. A the old song says " Nothins gonna stop us now".
 
Because they cannot be changed automatically on this site and to be perfectly honest, I just haven't had the time to change them manually. It's on my list of new year resolutions, though! :wink: .......
 
YAAAAAAAY JACKY As we say over here "Get jiggy with it "" with those new knees. What a wonderful New Year you and Norm have to look forward to. I went to Cornwall last summer to a beautiful place called Port Issac. It really is one of the most lovely places I have ever been to. The whole weekend was spoilt for me and Gary my husband because of my inability to walk for not more than ten minutes at a time. We came home on the Monday Tuesday I was at the doctors asking to be referred to a consultant because I didnt want my arthtitic kness to spoil my life any more. The rest as we say is history. So like you I am looking forward to this summer when hopefully I can return to Port Issac and enjoy it properly. :yay::happydance:
 
Oh Pat, I am so excited for you and Gary! And, like you, I can't wait to get "jiggy with it"! :yay: Life is good after TKR! :)
 
Get Jiggy with it, I like that! Jacky, we are so fortunate, as you said, to live in this time! Maybe someday our surgery will be archaic, but successful and life changing it certainly has been! We have been very, very lucky in our recoveries! Jiggy on!
 
I'm a little behind you two but I agree it has been successful and life changing. Thats a understate ment. And Luck was on our side. Happy New Year. Don't look back only forward is the word for the day. Tashia
 
Yup Janet, we're gonna JIGGY our way through 2013! :egypdance: I just saw in the paper this morning about a show being held near our town about a 14 day Alaska cruise and train excursion (one of our dream things to do). The show is Jan 28th and the trip would be in May, that is the first trip we're looking into. So excited! :yay: Janet2012

tashia I like like that Tashia, don't look back only look forward! You my friend can jiggy through 2013 with us!

Don't look back, only forward, and jiggy are going to be used a lot by me this year, I can tell you that!

Come on BoneSmarties let all "jiggy with it"! :)
 
Jacky, I've been fortunate to do a lot of traveling while my old knees were still up to it, and given that I had to travel trans-Atlantic three times a year just to get home to see my family, I have little desire to go to an airport yet again. I hope eventually I won't mind it again. That said, the trip to Alaska is definately on my bucket list! I imagine we'll be flying when we go to Florida in February, the first time since surgery. Perhaps the experience will be such a revelation of traveling with new knees that I'll be champing at the bit to go again! But, my own unique situation aside, I can appreciate seizing the day and getting on with it! How exciting to plan for this trip! I just have one question. Why is it that whenever, and to or from wherever I fly, I ALWAYS end up at the absolute farthest gate at the Detroit airport? When I flew a year+ ago for my son's wedding, I needed my crutches and it was painful getting through those long empty halls at midnight when we came home. Last spring when we flew to Florida, I used a wheelchair. By the time I work up to the Three Mile with Leslie, I should be ready for anything, and Alaska may be the big trip that gets me back on the flying horse!
 
Get jiggy that is so cute!!! Jacky your story is so neat! And you are just 6 months out! So inspiring that you are able to stand and walk and enjoy your life again! :yay:
 
Janet2012 I know what you mean about airports, I'm not fond of them either! You are so right about gates being far away! I don't know if it's because airports are getting bigger or what, but I do remember a time when you entered the airport terminal doors and BAM, you were a few feet from your gate, now you've gotta walk miles and take trains to get to your gate! It's no wonder luggage gets lost! I get lost!:umm:Yes I'm hoping the same thing, that Leslie will help me strength these legs and I get more stamina back! Then we'd be good to, as Pat says, "jiggy with it"!:ok:

Brownie51 Actually I am at 7 months yesterday and by the time the trip would be, May 10th, that would put me a just under my 1 year mark. I can't believe I just said, 1 year mark, that seemed so far away last June!:scratch: It seems the older I get, the faster time flies! Holy, moly I better hurry up and have fun, before I head for the HOME!:heehee:
 
Jacky, you will love Alaska! It's beautiful.

In 2007, John and I had a week in a motor home, touring around Alaska on our own, and then we took a southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver. We went in May and there was still snow on the mountain-tops, while all the trees had bright, new Spring growth. I fell in love with it!

Caryl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom