Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I can't believe how today went! I needed to go and get shrimp for a holiday gathering and Norm and I saw that squid was on sale and I wanted to make calamari with marinara sauce. Well, I wanted to find tempura batter mix because it's a lighter mix for this recipe. I didn't find the tempura mix at a small grocery store so we stopped at a bigger market. I told Norm, you can wait in the car while I rush in (me rush in mind you) (who would have thought that was possible 6 months ago) anyway, I went in and, mind you this is a big chain grocery store, I walked from one end of the store to the other without a cart to hold on to and I still didn't find my tempura mix, so I had to ask for, oh woow is me, help! This young man was so sure he knew where this mix was, but not really! Anyhoo, he said follow me I know where we have it! So I trot after him at a very quick pace and I'm keeping up, like I use to in my younger years, and nope not in this isle and nope not in that isle, and I'm thinking, last year there is no way I would have kept up with this young man, NO WAY! Not last year and not the beginning of this either! Plus I got home and prepared the squid and made fried calamari and marinara sauce for supper, and the beauty?, my knees didn't hurt! OMG, am I ever happy I had this BTKR done!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
and you, Jacky,
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
and so are those knees!
 
Fabulous! All that running around, and cooking to boot! It's great, right in the midst of doing it, when you know you are doing something remarkable compared to before surgery. This surgery isn't for sissies, but what an amazing surgery and outcome it is! Actually, even sissies can handle this surgery if they're Bonesmarties!
 
Thanks Judy! I was so elated that it brought me to tears! Holy, moly, me walking at a quick pace? I couldn't believe my legs! SWEET!

Merry Christmas to me! And, I can't believe I still have this energy to post at this time of the night! :skep:
 
You bet Janet, my recovery buddy! We are lucky to be living in this day and age where we can get fixed and feel good again! No, fixed and feel GREAT again! :friends:
 
Jacky that is so awesome that you did all of that! :dancy::egypdance::happydance:
What is even more cool, is that you were able to do it without really thinking about it. What a wonderful Christmas gift! :chrisglitter::xmaskitty::sleigh:
 
Lisa, I did feel great, and I got back in the car, 30 mins later, I told Norm, you would have been proud of me, because I am, I was whipp'n through that store like I was a young'n!

Just to give you a picture of where you're heading, my friend! :friends:
 
Jacky, I hope so, I really hope so. Some days it just does not feel like I will get there. But I am so glad this happened for you. Really gives you a boost of confidence, doesn't it?:friends::xmaskitty:
 
Lisa, you are a very strong and smart lady, and you will get there! My god you do so much more than I do, so must believe that you will get there! These things happen without even a thought, and before you realize it, you are doing them! That's what makes it all so sweet!

So yes my friend you will get there! :friends:
 
Oh Jacky, I am betting that the young man you were following around the store was a good looking buck and you just had to keep pace with him... LOL You go girl.
 
Jacky, Yes I do a lot of exercise, the biking, the pool and weight lifting, but I did all of those things before my surgery. But I am still not walking too much more than I did before the surgery, albeit the knee does not hurt like it did, but my right hip and both hip flexors are just not getting with the program. So I hope my time will come! :sleigh::xmaskitty:
 
Lisa, the on thing I noticed when I was walking at that fast pace yesterday was that my hip was not clicking like it did before!
Before it felt like it was going out of joint, very scary! I do not want hip replacements now for sure, so I hope it corrects itself with passing time.

Your time will come, you're doing everything right!:thumb:
 
Jacky, isn't that the best feeling to accomplish so much in a day and feel no pain, just pride in your accomplishment? You have met the goal of recovery! Being able to walk all day and pain free!! I still have days, especially in the super Walmart, when I walk all over that gigantic store pain free and happy to walk some more! You go girl!:happydance:

Yesterday, I had a dinner party and I was on my feet all day and had been running around for a week preparing for it. When everyone finally left, I had the energy to finish cleaning up and rearrange my dinning area for Christmas with my family. And I had no pain and slept well. That is a far cry from pre TKR days when none of that was possible. I hadn't entertained guest for years cause I was in too much pain to deal with all it takes to do that. We have our lives back!:yay::friends:
 
Oh yes Mimi, we certainly do have our lives back, and we're making up for lost time! :thumb:

Wow Mimi, a dinner party and getting ready for a Christmas gathering with the family! Way to go kiddo! :friends: Life is good, once again!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!


I just get the warm fuzzies when I hear stories about getting back to living life and doing "normal" things and having so much fun at it. I am so glad that so many are now having wonderful experiences that would not have been possible without new hips and new knees!!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Jacky your grocery post is wonderful! :goodpost: It's those posts that keep the rest of us going and our eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel! I chuckled at your "anyhoo"!
How are you all doing. Know the recent tragedy hits so much closer to home for you. We are all watching the coverage on the daily funerals. Yesterday the silence and 26 bells at 0630 for us, was so heart breaking.
Mimi don't know you well but that is a :goodpost: too! I see you are 1 1/2 years out and functioning like someone half your age! I think that shiny chrome in your knee must have been a fountain of youth for you!
Jacky you keep it up...you're doing it for us too! XOXOXOX
 
Thanks Marianne!

Thursday was my last day for PT and my visit to my spine and neck OS. It's not at 100% painfree, but it's getting there and it will take time and home exercises will bring it the rest of the way, I have high hopes!

I now realized that the end of this year is coming near and this whole year, right from the beginning, I spent meeting and seeing new doctors, medical tests, BTKR, rehab, PT for knees, cervical epidurals and PT for the neck! WHEW!!! Finally, my life is my own!!!!:yahoo:

Now I can concentrate on exercises, losing weight, strengthening my legs, knees and neck muscles and getting ready for a whole new year with a whole new me! Looking forward to a lot more traveling with hubby and all pain free!:yay:

Last night Norm and I were sitting on the sofa just talking, and as I was rubbing Mickey and Minnie I said, I really can't believe how well this year and these knee turned out, and I realized that tears were rolling down my face, like a facet was just turned on, Happy tears!, I love happy tears!:)

Now that's my story and I'm stick'n to it!:tada:

The End!:reindeers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom