Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Sonja, a match made in heaven, get me a DIL that is a physical therapist and I will be happy...LOL

Jacky, so true about gold diggers and that is one reason Jon will be very careful when it is time as he has stock in the farm now and he said he wouldn't let any woman take away his farm. There were a few farms that closed down because of divorce. Jon said if it ever happens he wants a pre-nup. I hate the sound of that, but what can he do.

Sonja, you have to compete with my son's wife in CA. She went into a dating site and created a profile for Jon with pictures and everything. Then she waited and when someone she liked wanted to talk to him, she let him know what he did and gave him the password and told him he could close it down or run with it. She could check up on him and he did hang around the site for awhile I guess, but still never dated anyone.

Now Debbie, you are showing gender bias here as there are women who are well off financially and mooching men who want to live off of them! :)
 
I would be glad to do it for free for the two of you! After all I set up a lot of men on Judy's skype account but she is too darned picky! Heavens, I can't help it if they all have tattoos, eye brow piercings and so forth. She probably didn't let them get to that part about where their "other" piercings were, or she might have been more interested! Lisa, I do have a guy in mind for you who is 54 and actually has a job and lives by himself! If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me! By the way, no to tattoos, piercings and such on him just an FYI for you!:):happydance:
Sonya, I am not sure I am ready to cope with this just yet! It seems like all I can manage right now is work, exercise and do the minimal life chores to get along. I guess if I am honest I am a big chicken!
 
Well, I did actually try some of the dating sites but haven't done anything for the past year because of the knees' recovery and all that. I once met a guy from plentyoffish for dinner. You know those cliches about meeting and talking all night long and just clicking? It was the exact opposite, just awful. He was sullen, rude to the waiter, monosyllabic, yuk. My mum was still alive then and we had a great laugh about how it was the worst date of my life. Unlike Sonja, I really am shy...except when I'm not. But maybe new knees will give me new confidence. Maybe.

Jacky, I'm so glad your knees are doing well. I'm having more of those moments where what I can now do is a wonderful surprise. Like you, though, stamina is a big issue after so many years of the knees not letting me do things.
 
Online dating can work ladies. I met my wonderful husband online back in 1999. It wasn't on a dating site though. It was a penpal site. I was away from home and wanted to find someone to hang out with when I was back in the area on my school breaks. I found him on there and laughed about his profile page so hard I just knew I had to meet him. We talked online and by phone for 3 weeks and then met in person. On the day after we met I told him that he would marry me someday! He said "Um, can we take this one day at a time?" Lol! But I was right! 2 1/2 yrs later I was a happy bride! I knew from the first moment I met him that he was the one.

I have other friends and family that also met their spouses online so it does work! You just have to be willing to get through some of the crazies to find the right one!
 
Hi Jacky! How are Mickey and Minnie doing?
I thought about naming my left one Tiger, a nickname from Childhood, and Ornery, because my right one has been playing games with me! :happydance:

Lisa, I know that no one will believe this. But I was very shy when it came to dating. My husband was even more shy than me. We emailed for a month, talked on our cellphones for a month, and then met. The night of our first date we went to see "Monster in Law!" He proposed 3 months later, and I decided according to the rules of online dating that our wedding would be a year from when we first met! :happydance:

I thought it was so neat to see his line of "Happyguy". Later (after the wedding) he told me that was a character from "The Simpsons!" Good thing I didn't know or I would have skipped right by his profile! :whistle:
 
Sonya, I suppose part of my problem is my weight. I know there are men out there where it would not matter, but there are so many out there where it does, and I am not sure I can cope with all that rejection, etc. Then you get the men who think you are hard up because you are fat, and they can mooch off of you and just get free sex. I have had a few friends who I saw that happen with. I did a dating service years ago, long before the Internet even existed, and I was thin then. It was ghastly! So many experiences like jebsw mentioned! I know this sounds unrealistic, but I would just like to meet someone via regular life, just sort of fall over them at work, or the grocery store, or anywhere. But of course to do that I have to go places! But I am not at all averse to the Internet dating and maybe if I can stoke my courage I will try it once my knee no longer consumes my life.
 
Lisa, you took the words out of my mouth!
However, once I feel more able health-wise, I do intend to try more seriously. Then again, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions...
 
Lisa, in all honesty, you must find what works for you! After being sexually molested at the age of 16, I was so disgusted with men, that I started to gain weight. I didn't gain very much through high school and most of college because I was an athlete. After finishing college, the weight began to pour on, because I never wanted to feel like that again! I was up to 435 and my therapist started asking me about the dating sites I had visited. I said, "I don't want to post a picture, because I will never get a response!" Well she convinced me to go ahead and post the picture, and a week later, along came Pat.

I explained the story of being sexually molested by a friend of the families husband, and he said we will take it slow until you are comfortable! With this reassurance, I was able to forgive the man who did it, he had passed away. Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself. The other person isn't the one that is suffering, you are! I learned that lesson and my life with my husband after marriage was normal!

Jacky, how are you doing today? I don't want to high jack your thread either but I also want people to know that there are a lot of men who look at you as a person too! Fat, or thin, they respect you, and if they don't just consider them a speed bump in the road of life and keep on "trucking, until you find "the one."
 
Lisa, you took the words out of my mouth!
However, once I feel more able health-wise, I do intend to try more seriously. Then again, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions...

Judy, it saddens me that there are people out there that can't see the real you! I know that when you and Lisa are ready, God will bring a man that is compatible with you. It will happen, and he won't care about your weight!
 
RestAssured Well said Sonja!
I'm terribly saddened for what you have experienced in your young life.:console2: I am happy for you for having been able to get past it and live a life that gives you happiness! Good for you my friend!:friends:

Jebsw I love that saying "The road to hell is paved with good intentions", I've never heard it before and I hope you don't mind but think I will borrow it because I believe I will be using it in my future. Not concerning my diet I hope!:skep:

ElanorG I'm with Sonja about the weight issue, but your statement about "they can mooch off of you and just get free sex", I think that statement would apply to anyone regardless of the weight factor. That's the one that would worry me if I were ever in the market again.
 
RestAssured Sonya, As Jacky said so well, how horrible that you had to go through that and that is wonderful that you have worked through it and moved past it. It takes a lot of effort to do all of that. Good for you!
 
I'm finally home from our sons house and I learned that I could never have a dog, because the darn thing would weigh 500 pounds! I just can't take those sad eyes that they throw at me! If I try to ignor them they nudge me until I can't ignor them anymore.
 
Jacky, I hear what you are saying about dogs. I just got back too from staying at our daughter's when our new grandson was born. My son's wife had the baby and my youngest daughter lives close to the hospital. my daughter has a dog and she would not leave me alone!!! If I stopped petting her, she would gnaw on my hand till I started again, But I found that I am allergic to her.:sad:
 
My "little" red dachshund learned a new trick. She has a metal bowl and she used to scoot it around to tell me she was hungry. Now she picks it up, and let's it fall. She keeps this up until I do something! Her message is feed me, even though she already ate! She is hungry all the time, but she gets fed a dachshunds amount at my house. When she goes to Grandmas, I think Mom has mistaken her for a Bull Mastiff! :rotfl:
 
The news is so awful, I can't watch, I'm in tears already! I hope this isn't in your area, but that would be little consolation! I have three young grandchildren and I am sickened beyond composure!
 
Janet2012 I know, Norm and I can't stop tearing up. We live in the southeastern part of the state and Newtown is in the southwestern part of the state. Our grandchildren come to mind as well! There is not a strong enough word to describe this very sad event!
 
The news is terrible and my thoughts are with all the families. I just don't understand why people do this to the innocent.

I'm not wanting to be political, but I am so glad that I live in a country that does not have a policy of the "right to bear arms."
 
Norm and I are so with you Celle, we so wish they would change such a law. Some don't want to address it when such a massacre has happened, but we say, strike while the iron is hot, so to speak!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom