Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww man, I missed being able to wish Mickey and Minnie a happy anniversary yesterday. Sorry about that. Boy does time fly huh. So happy for you that things are going well. So now you lay on the sofa and put your feet in the air and have Norm sit with his back towards you and you put your feet on his back and you push. Wiggle your toes too, he might like that...LOL Or have him face you and do feet to feet and take turns pushing and you can play choo choo.... All sorts of games you can play to strengthen those quads.....:whistle:
 
Debbie, you had me really scared when I started to read your post! You had my mind swinging ever which way but loose! :rotfl: What scares me more is that you knew where my mind was going to go when you wrote the post!
I can't stop laughing over here, you bad girl!

Thanks for the well wishes and the quad strength exercises! :whistle:
 
I knew you would have a dirty little mind Jackie, but what I wrote was nice and clean exercises. Love it that at our age we can still have a dirty little mind. Hey, forgot to tell everyone that Dave and I finally got to "sleep" all night in bed together. I got that soft headset and my ipod with music and it completely blocked out his snoring. Love it and don't have to worry about not sleeping when we are in the motor home together now.
 
Oh peesha my dear friend! I do remember doing those exercises as a kid, the choo choo thing an all, however somehow I can't see Norm and I laying on the couch doing them. :skep: I'm afraid I'm on my own for quad strengthening!

That is great that your soft headset and iPod was able to block Dave's snoring! Now you'll be able to get good nights sleep in your motor home as well as at home. Now you can enjoy sleeping together again, all good stuff my friend! :friends:
 
Hi Jacky, hope you have had a good kneeversary week! How are getting on with the exercise video? Still wondering whether to get it. :dancy:
 
reetpteet Hi Rita, I have yet to get into the exercise video because my world has been topside tervie lately. Thanksgiving we spent in Florida and this week we are at our son's house staying with our teenage grandson and the two dogs while my son and DIL are enjoying a week in AZ. Next week I will be getting into the nitty, gritty and start getting serious about my exercise. I am however getting plenty of a workout with their staircase! :yikes:
 
How are the stairs treating you this week? I used to go up and down the stairs every day, as my computer is upstairs in the loft. But now that I have an iPad, I never use my beautiful computer! I keep saying I'm going to start making a point of doing the steps everyday, but I don't. I go down to the family room when Daniel is over and wants to play with someone downstairs, but that's not everyday. Aside from the knees, it's good to know if i can go upstairs without getting out of breath. I think it's not a problem now, but when I was really inactive before surgery, it was just embarrassing!
 
Happy birthday to the two of them. May the knees have many , many more birthday. :wink: Keep it up and go further than you have every gone before. :heehee: Are you going to take the two to Disneyland? They should see who they are named after. :loll:Take care and have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Well, I know that I won't be in sequence, but when I read about how long everyone has been married, I thought I would step out of my shy side for a moment and talk! :) Pat and I got married 6 1/2 years ago. As almost every couple, we have had good times and bad. We were not able to have children because of my PCOS, and his testicular cancer when he was 17! He really wanted/ wants children, and for me, I wish we could have had a couple at times, and other times, I am glad that we couldn't. I was 40 when we got married and Pat was 37.
 
Janet2012 The stairs are going okay, but not great. I've been at it all week, even making a point of making extra trips, however I do hold on to the rail and opposite wall for support. The quads do have a long way to go in my opinion, but I do keep in mind that for the last 10 years or so I was doing the one step at a time always leading with my right leg every time. The last time we were here was just before Thanksgiving and we stayed for only a couple of days, that was when storm Sandy hit, and I would get way out of breathe then and I'd have to sit on the seat at the end of the bed before I could do what I went up for. This time it's not that bad, breathing wise, so I must be building stamina. The knees seem to be handling it well, it's the quads and hips that are bulking.
I can't wait to start my exercise program when we're home next week.

tashia Thank you! These little mice have already carried me further then I've been in a long time, makes me a happy camper! :yay: Now as for taking them to Disneyland I'm afraid they'll run for the fun and leave me behind on my behind! :scratch:
It looks like you're feeling we'll this weekend have yourself a great weekend as well! :friends:

RestAssured Sonja congrats to you and Pat! The great part of your union is that you found each other and that you are happy! Finding a compatible partner is not the easiest task on earth, as many who are alone will tell you, however when one does find the right person, it's a gift, in my opinion. Congratulations my friend!
 
Our story is interesting! About the age of 38, I started getting lonely and so I went to online dating sites. I had an answer from a Willie woo-woo, who was 5'2 black, and willing to fly from New York to meet me, provided I pay his way! :rotfl: Then I had another great :heehee: offer from "Hung Like a Horse!" :rotfl: Needless to say, I never responded to either of them! :whistle: Jebsw, I can probably get them for you if you are interested! :wink: as I'm sure they are both still available!

Anyway, I tried on EHarmony, found men all over the United States and met a trucker named Clay. He was nice but divorced with two kids. He wrote me an email the next morning, saying he knew I wouldn't be happy as a truck drivers wife. That was true and also that he lived next door to his ex wife didn't sweeten the pot either! Met Jim, who worked in an oilfield supply shop, but lived in an efficiency that his parents paid for and he drove the company truck to save money! He complained about what I ordered, saying it was too expensive,and I told him I would pay for my own food. He said no I am a gentleman and I will buy! Another one for you to consider Judy!

Anyway, I went on True.com, and dating.com, and found that Pat had joined the same sites on the same day! The rest as they say is history! :)
 
RestAssured You slay me! :rotfl: Poor Jebsw , you trying to set her up with your bad boys! That's the thing about you young people trying all this Internet dating stuff, I'm such a chicken **** that I'd scare myself to death before I met anyone. Norm and I always say that if something should ever happen to either one of us that we should go on and meet someone else, because life is not meant to be lived alone, however I have no idea how that would happen if I were the to be left alone because the world is too scary and there are a lot of creeps out there. I know now that I have my new knees I could run like hell if I had to, but I'd rather not challenge myself that way. So hopefully, I go first! :thumb:

Now Judy, be careful of the ones Sonja sends your way! She shy, but packs a wallop, me thinks!
 
RestAssured You slay me! :rotfl: Poor Jebsw , you trying to set her up with your bad boys! That's the thing about you young people trying all this Internet dating stuff, I'm such a chicken **** that I'd scare myself to death before I met anyone. Norm and I always say that if something should ever happen to either one of us that we should go on and meet someone else, because life is not meant to be lived alone, however I have no idea how that would happen if I were the to be left alone because the world is too scary and there are a lot of creeps out there. I know now that I have my new knees I could run like hell if I had to, but I'd rather not challenge myself that way. So hopefully, I go first! :thumb:


Now Judy, be careful of the ones Sonja sends your way! She shy, but packs a wallop, me thinks!
Yes, shy is my middle name! :happydance: Jacky I pray that you and Norm are together for a long time! Now though if he happens to go first, I volunteer to be your dating coordinator! No need to thank me, that's what "sisters" are for! :happydance:
 
Sonja, you silly girl, you scare me! You do know that you're suppose give your sister the best, right?!
 
Happy 6-month anniversary, Jacky. You have done so well and it's great to hear how Mickey and Minnie have enhanced your life.

I'm loving the to-and-fro and the happy marriage talk. But Sonya's little joke scared me a bit. You see, my John was in a bad car crash on Wednesday. In atrocious weather, doing 5 Km/hour under the speed limit, his car skidded on a gentle bend and he hit the bank, then spun round and ended up facing the way he had come. No other vehicle was involved and the police say no blame is attributable to him.

His seat belt undoubtedly saved his life, but it has caused some trauma, too. He has chest muscle, lungs and rib contusions (bruising) and he can hardly move. He is home with me and needs lots of help - I'm repaying all the good care he gave me after my TKR.

While his car is probably totalled, he is not, and we are incredibly grateful for that. It was hard waiting for news on Wednesday night and I suddenly realised that, after 42 years of marriage, i could have been widowed in an instant.

We live quite a way from all our relatives. apart from one son, who has mental health problems and needs our support. Our other son and our daughter live on the other side of the world and my brother is in Australia. It's made me realise that the time may come when we need to move, to be closer to some support system for ourselves.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread, Jacky, but I just want to say that, if you've got a good one, cherish your husbands.

Caryl (aka Celle)
 
oh Celle. I am so sorry! I was talking about when I am eighty or so. I had a call to heaven last week, and I am glad that "someone" nudged me to slow down because I would have been t-boned!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom