Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK, Sonya!

I'm 71 now and this week's events brought home to us how vulnerable we all can be. I guess we're still recovering from the shock. We've had our Christmas miracle, that's for sure!
 
Oh Jacky and Sonja, all this couples posts, had to tell about last night, after the sad, sad day for my sister it was just cuddle time for us and talking about what we would do if one would die. Dave told me I can't die first as who would be there to tell him there was food on his face, or he spilled something on his clothes, and the almost everyday thing is I have to remind him to pull up his zipper. Just who would do that. So he told me I can't die first.

Now Sonja (I know high jacking Jacky's thread) if you are into match making, can you find someone for my 30 year old son that is just too shy to date, or scared, I am not sure. He doesn't like to be told what to do is his flaw, but is smart and is taking over our 500 cow dairy farm and buying into it. Has his own house. A girl would have to like country living, but only a half hour away from a bigger city. I think he has checked online sites, but is afraid to pull the trigger so to speak. I want more grandchildren....
 
Celle, Sonja and Deb you are all too precious! Never worry about high jacking my thread, I love all kinds of conerversations.

Celle I am so happy that your hubby has been saved for you! You are so right, we never know when the rug will be pulled out from under us, so we MUST make every moment count! I realized that when Norm had to have a stent and balloon put in his heart arteries 15 years ago, scared the hell out of me and I will never forget it! I think that's when we started talking about the (what ifs) and I can tell you I am in no way any more ready now then I was then. Cherish every moment my friends!

Debbie_joints Having gone through what you have with your sister losing her husband, I'm sure this subject struck a raw nerve for you and Dave, which promoted the conversation for you both last night. Norm and I will often play the "no, me first banter" and worry about who will be the stronger one to survive and carry on. Not an easy subject, but a needed one to remind us how much we need each other.

RestAssured Be gentle when fixing Deb's son with someone, he needs a caring person who will understand his "shy" side, you can understand that right?, being a shy one yourself!:heehee:
 
The only solution is to follow my grandparents path. They died the same day of seperate causes, at home, after having been fine and out to dinner with the neighbors just the day before.
 
Now Janet, that my dear is the sweetest possible way! I will hang on to that one! Thanks for sharing! :friends:
 
Oh Jacky and Sonja, all this couples posts, had to tell about last night, after the sad, sad day for my sister it was just cuddle time for us and talking about what we would do if one would die. Dave told me I can't die first as who would be there to tell him there was food on his face, or he spilled something on his clothes, and the almost everyday thing is I have to remind him to pull up his zipper. Just who would do that. So he told me I can't die first.

Now Sonja (I know high jacking Jacky's thread) if you are into match making, can you find someone for my 30 year old son that is just too shy to date, or scared, I am not sure. He doesn't like to be told what to do is his flaw, but is smart and is taking over our 500 cow dairy farm and buying into it. Has his own house. A girl would have to like country living, but only a half hour away from a bigger city. I think he has checked online sites, but is afraid to pull the trigger so to speak. I want more grandchildren....
Debbie! I have the PERFECT woman for him! My PT Katie! She is 27 and looking for a boyfriend. Her dad is a counselor at her church, and met her Mom! The salt of the Earth! Katie is well versed on fixing stuff cause her Dad taught her! Now, problem is, your son will need to wait until AFTER I finish PT for my knee, and then my neck! :happydance:

Doesn't like being told what too do? Well, Katie is pretty headstrong herself so I am sure they can figure out something! It's too bad he lives so far away though. Now she is willing to meet Nathan that my hubby worked with in Wyoming, so who knows! :happydance:

Let me assure you Katie is no gold digger though! She is as honest as the day is long!
 
The only solution is to follow my grandparents path. They died the same day of seperate causes, at home, after having been fine and out to dinner with the neighbors just the day before.

If only . . . . I guess that's what we would all wish for.

My father had a holiday, came home, unpacked, collected the mail, paid all his bills and then died that night. He was 86. My mother had to live 11 more years without him.
 
Well as I said on my thread, my grandpa and Grandma were killed when Grandpa pulled out in front of an 18 wheeler! Both had said they could' not live without the other!
 
Now Sonja (I know high jacking Jacky's thread) if you are into match making, can you find someone for my 30 year old son that is just too shy to date, or scared, I am not sure. He doesn't like to be told what to do is his flaw, but is smart and is taking over our 500 cow dairy farm and buying into it. Has his own house. A girl would have to like country living, but only a half hour away from a bigger city. I think he has checked online sites, but is afraid to pull the trigger so to speak. I want more grandchildren....

Deb be careful, the other thing Norm and I talk about is that there are a lot of gold diggers out there and we can't say our worth at the get go or you might be on the losing end. Your son has many great qualities, so don't put the farm on the line until he is sure that woman wants him and not the farm. :skep: Debbie_joints
 
Sonya, (again high jacking Jacky's thread here), If your Master's doesn't work out you can always open a dating service! Seems like you got Debbie's son all wrapped up? Got any guys for me up your sleeve?
 
Interesting and sweet posts about your husbands, parents, and grandparents. Lovely and warming and sad too. I'm so glad the car accident wasn't worse, Celle.

All I really want now, at my age, is someone to be my heart's friend and to grow old with... "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be." so any of you who want to try your hand at finding me my match, have at it. :)

So, Jacky, how are the knees?
 
Jebsw Maybe Sonya can find us both men? :) We should send her our specs! But she might send us a bill.
 
Jebsw I suspect if we want to find men on this site we will need to change our avatars otherwise they will think they are dating cats!
 
I would be glad to do it for free for the two of you! After all I set up a lot of men on Judy's skype account but she is too darned picky! Heavens, I can't help it if they all have tattoos, eye brow piercings and so forth. She probably didn't let them get to that part about where their "other" piercings were, or she might have been more interested! Lisa, I do have a guy in mind for you who is 54 and actually has a job and lives by himself! If you would like more information, please feel free to contact me! By the way, no to tattoos, piercings and such on him just an FYI for you!:):happydance:
 
Jebsw I suspect if we want to find men on this site we will need to change our avatars otherwise they will think they are dating cats!
Yes, and please both of you do me a favor when I start up my dating service.... a picture of yourself would be very helpful instead of your sweet cats. Break them in gently about the cats or dogs that you have! Now if you have 50 cats and dogs, you are on your own!:rotfl:

By the way Jacky48, I bet you never would have guessed that I have a talent of finding guys with my shyness and all!:whistle:
 
Boy Sonja, a match made in heaven, get me a DIL that is a physical therapist and I will be happy...LOL

Jacky, so true about gold diggers and that is one reason Jon will be very careful when it is time as he has stock in the farm now and he said he wouldn't let any woman take away his farm. There were a few farms that closed down because of divorce. Jon said if it ever happens he wants a pre-nup. I hate the sound of that, but what can he do.

Sonja, you have to compete with my son's wife in CA. She went into a dating site and created a profile for Jon with pictures and everything. Then she waited and when someone she liked wanted to talk to him, she let him know what he did and gave him the password and told him he could close it down or run with it. She could check up on him and he did hang around the site for awhile I guess, but still never dated anyone.
 
!
Interesting and sweet posts about your husbands, parents, and grandparents. Lovely and warming and sad too. I'm so glad the car accident wasn't worse, Celle.

All I really want now, at my age, is someone to be my heart's friend and to grow old with... "grow old along with me, the best is yet to be." so any of you who want to try your hand at finding me my match, have at it. :)
So, Jacky, how are the knees?

Judy, my knees are doing great! Better than I ever expected at this stage for sure!
Growing old with your life's partner is the best then any of us can ever hope for! I will say that doors are never closed for meeting the right person! Just remember that women are not the only ones that need someone to care, men need that special someone too! So, if you see someone that you like, don't hesitate to invite them to dinner! :thumb:
 
Well Debbie I probably couldn't compete with your daughter in law! After all she knows him. About the Gold digger idea, I never knew how much money my husband had before we married because I never asked. I was interested in him, not money!
 
Judy, I will let you borrow my twin sister, the ornery one, who gets lots of laughs. That way you will have lots of guys to choose!

I would help, but I am too shy! :blush:

I noticed that my ornery sister posted again today! What was she thinking, trying to set you up with guys like that?! :groan:
 
Debbie, on second thought, maybe I won't send her your way! What if I needed something else like my foot or something? Katie would be in Wisconsin, and I would either be a. In boulder CO, b. Possum Kingdom lake, 1and 1/2 hours from Dallas, c. Tulsa OK, or d. Midland TX. It just depends on which job my hubby chooses after the first of the year! :shrug:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom