Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimi, I totally understand all that you just said. My hubby and I have been trying to have children for 7 years now. We lost one in 2005 at 7 weeks and have not had any luck since. For so long people would make comments to us about "Why don't you have kids yet, get to it!" or make comments like "All he had to do was shake a pant leg and I was pregnant" as if that would make me feel better. Finally, I had to have a talk with several of those people and say, though I am happy that things were so easy for you, you need to understand how hurtful the things you say to me are and i really need you to stop. Every now and then my mom will make comments still but all the others have stopped. I felt bad because my best friend had gotten pregnant sooner than they wanted and was afraid to tell me until she was 3 months along because she thought it would make me cry. I was so very happy for her even though it killed me knowing that I couldn't do it too. But the thing that really kills me is when people constantly say "It will happen when it is meant to" as if for some reason a happy, successful, loving couple is not meant to have a child but the cracked out 15 year old who slept with too many boys can have a child that she can't afford. Or even worse is when people tell me that I should adopt because so many people they know who could not get pregnant adopted and then were able to have their own child as if that is a reason to adopt! We have discussed adoption and it is possible still but I have not officially given up on trying for one of my own. Especially now that i have this new knee! Anyway, thought i would let you know that I too have dealt with issues that you did. :friends:
 
Mimi, I can't even imagine the h-ll you must have gone through in those years of trying to conceive and the waiting. Then having a neighbor that was so insensitive as to make such remarks, that person was very mean spirited and he is very lucky you even talk to him! I would never have been so forgiving. You are much better people than me that's for sure.
You and your hubby have raised such a loving family and that is a lot to be proud of! :friends:
 
Shelly, I only wish I had adopted sooner than I did. Because ALL of my children are my OWN. The only child I had trouble figuring out how she became mine, was my biological daughter. I would stare at her for weeks and think...."where did you come from??" Maybe I am weird but I wasted 10 good years of parenting on infertility tests. The joy you feel when a child is placed in your arms is priceless! And it was the very same joy I felt as a biological mother.

My best friend had 10 miscarriages and had one son. He now has 2 beautiful children, her grandkids. She wonders at my family now that we are expecting our 4th grandchild. She had the same opportunities to adopt as I did and her husband wanted his"own."That limited their family to one child and she would have adopted in a heartbeat if the choice was hers. And now 30 years later she still has regrets that she did not have the family she wanted.

I know you have to come to the place in you heart where you are "ready" to do this. Wishing you all the best in whatever you chose.:friends:
 
Shelly, life is so hard and when you want something or someone so bad and there are people that are so insensitive as to make such rude and crude comment, it just makes everything worse and the hurt is so deep, I apologize for those insensitive people. Karma is all I can say at this point. I hope you and hubby get lucky soon and get your wish. I say lucky because I consider myself lucky to have both my children, because I lost one child between my son and daughter and that was the most heart wrenching feeling I have ever felt in my life, I still tear up when I think about the loss and that was in 1971. So hang in there my friend and keep trying, and besides it's a lot of fun! :thumb:
 
We also dealt with infertility. I didn't ovulate very often, was very surprised that I got pregnant with my first so quickly, and I didn't know it because I then had slight periods for I think it was 5 months. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 4 months along and then thought I was losing it when I again started bleeding. Had a second child and then wanted a third, but did not ovulate. One time I went 18 months without ovulating. I told the doctor I had to blow the dust off my tampons. Then I was sent to a fertility specialist and he went through the rounds of some treatments and finally he told me it could be my weight causing me not to ovulate. I was so sad, and mad. I went on a diet and I lost 42 pounds in two months and 10 days and I was pregnant. Come to think of it, it was always when I dieted that I got pregnant. Then my farmer husband had to compare me to his cows as a fatty cow will not get pregnant either. Yes I hit him...:heehee: My son and his wife are expecting their first, after many fertility test and pills and mood swings and miscarriages. They finally said no more and she got pregnant and this one is holding so far. 22 weeks and a little girl. Nervously waiting for our little granddaughter. Shelly, my DIL is now 38, so I will pray it happens for you. Anyone that wants to be a mom I pray gets that wish.
 
Jacky, i'm going out of town in the morning so let me wish you all a happy 6month anniversary a few hours early! Have a good weekend!
 
Janet, have a great time and thank you for the well wishes! And my friend, I wish you a happy 6 months anniversary for your 6 months on Dec. 4th! :friends:
 
Today I celebrate 6 months since Mickey and Minnie were born, and I still thing this was the best decision I've ever made! I can do so much more than I could have for the last several years.

I still have issues with the stairs because of the lack of quad strength, however it is coming along and it is so much better than before my BTKR, at least I can do the stairs one foot over the other instead of one step at a time. For me that's a big plus! :thumb:

I don't need a pillow between my knees anymore when I sleep. If I do use a pillow it's more for my lower back to keep my spine straight.

I can now cross my legs without having my knees lock up. I never thought I'd ever be able to do that again!

All in all I am quite pleased with my decision to have this done and I am so happy that I did both at the same time! :thumb:
 
Happy Anniversary Mickey and Minnie! I am so glad to here such positive remarks! Just think of all af the wonderful things to come!
 
Thanks Shelly, I do think of all the possibilities that will be availability to me when I'm fully recovered, it brings tears to my eyes at times!

You will be experiencing some wonderful changes as well my friend! Stay we'll and stay positive, great things are coming your way! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Jacky, on your 6 months anniversary. Everything will just get BETTER and BETTER from here on in. You're a great BoneSmartie role model. Am looking forward to your 1 year update.
 
Thank you Judy! You my friend are my role model, you've been through so much and remain so strong!

Stay well my friend and tell Paul hi for me! :friends:
 
Jacky,
Happy Anniversary to Mickey and Minnie. Life is great when we can move again. You have been such a great role model for folks on this thread, thanks for all you have done.
 
Oh happy day to you Jacky! :happydance: You are an inspiration to all that have a TKR and especially a BTKR. Enjoy your new found life of pain free living!! :cheers:
 
Jacky, Happy Anniversary to Micky and Minnie! What a nice holiday gift to yourself! :kittykiss: :puppysmooze:
I can't wait until I am there.
 
Rose, BJ, Mimi and Lisa, thank you so much for the well wishes! :friends: So many people have inspired and guided me through this recovery and continue to do so.

Being able to have access to this forum has given me the secure feeling of knowing that others have gone through what I was experiencing before TKR and after TKR, and I was able to gather valuable information through their experience, which they were so kind as to share it with me and others on this forum.

I can honestly say that without this forum I would not have faired so well, because I'm a scaredy cat at heart and all the wonderful people here have helped calm my "scaredy cat" self! :thankyou:
 
Jacky, anyone who does BTKR is no scaredy cat in my book! No way, Jose! You are one brave woman, so you go girl! :dancy: :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom