Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I feel the need to report. I am sitting here in a hotel room having a drink, talking to Norm and were watching a movie and before I knew it my left leg crossed over my right leg in a comfortable way, 4 shaped, and I said, OMG, look at this, I haven't done this in over 15 years! WOW! I and Norm couldn't believe it! Milestone! I am so happy right now! :yes!:
 
That's awesome! Progress progress progress! I took about 5 steps without my walker today and it felt great! I felt like a baby learning to walk for the first time but it was great. My hubby said to me "Did you ever think you would take walking for granted?" And right then I knew that he got what I was going through. It was a good day for me today.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Be thankful that you have been given this new chance in life and be thankful for where you are in your progress today and where you will be in your near future. Remember that you didn't lose your knee in a day so you cannot expect to gain it back in a day either.
 
Jacky, glad to hear the drive went well, and what about that fancy leg crossing!! Dang! See, there are still things that can give us a thrill!
 
So glad you had a good day and got to cross those legs. WOW. Have a safe trip. Tashia
 
It was a few posts back, but to answer your question about words that suddenly get changed in a post, BoneSmart does have a profanity filter that recognizes certain words and will flag them or change them automatically. I know that in today's world, many words that used to be consider profane are now part of common dialogue. But.....since BoneSmart is a forum frequented by people all over the world, we choose to keep it a solidly "G" (General Audiences) Rated environment. If you ever have any questions about particular topics, words or phrases, don't hesitate to ask Jo or me in a conversation.
 
Jacky that's wonderful! Every time I read a post like yours I start calculating what month the poster is in. I see that I just need to be more patient and to BELIEVE that it will get better and that I will someday forget about my knee and be painfree. Thank you for posting your leg crossing! That is awesome!
 
Jacky, you wicked little woman you, enticing Norm with a figure 4 with your legs...you go girl. Hotel rooms will bring out the naughty girl in you...... :ok:
 
Shelly, you are hitting milestones already and you will be hitting so many more! :thumb: It's a great life with new knees! My daughter said she can't wait to see my new bionic knee scars! :) I love your outlook about your knee "You didn't lose your knee in a day so you can't expect to gain it back in a day", a very positive outlook! Good for you, because your are keeping your eye on the prize! :thumb:
Have yourself a very Happy Thanksgiving my friend! :friends:
 
Jacky, glad to hear the drive went well, and what about that fancy leg crossing!! Dang! See, there are still things that can give us a thrill!

You're so right Janet, they be few and far between now but they still are a surprise when they happen, a very pleasant surprise!
 
Thanks Tashia, I am always surprised when something new happened with these knees!
 
Jacky that's wonderful! Every time I read a post like yours I start calculating what month the poster is in. I see that I just need to be more patient and to BELIEVE that it will get better and that I will someday forget about my knee and be painfree. Thank you for posting your leg crossing! That is awesome!

Marianne, you have a lot to look forward to my dear! Life is great after TKR! :friends:
 
Jacky, you wicked little woman you, enticing Norm with a figure 4 with your legs...you go girl. Hotel rooms will bring out the naughty girl in you...... :ok:

From one naughty girl to another..... :whistle: let's just say, Italy was never the same when we left! Beside if I can entice Norm, after 47yrs of marriage, with a figure 4 with my legs, well......yay me and my new knees! :yay:
 
Well we did our Good Samaritan thing last night. The woman in the room next to us had a wine bottle, but no corkscrew, we have "corkscrew will travel" mentality. Anytime we could help a fellow wine "O". :heehee:
 
Always prepared! That's the way to travel! Our trip wasn't opening a bottle of wine at the end of the day as much as filling up an ice bag!
 
Yes Deb, she did offer us some of her wine, however we had wine with dinner so we had already moved on to a nice scotch & soda! :cocktail: besides after Norm opened her bottle she seemed to be hugging it very closely! She must have had a very hard travel day! She thanked us this morning when we met outside packing up. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom