Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opps, looks like I got edited there, sorry, I have to watch my slang. Will have to think up some words that won't offend.
 
Guess I should just go to bed, I am looking up British slang words that might work in here and they are quite funny. The things you can look up on the internet, but not all bad, look how we all found BoneSmart.
 
Hahaha Debbie What did you say? GIve us a hint! That's hilarious! I can't imagine you saying something that gets bleeped! hahaha! You are looking up British slang words now. Oh that is just so funny. Your Dave must have a great time with you and your little ways!
 
Marianne, no I can't repeat the word I used. To me it isn't even a swear word, but if they think it is I won't use it. It is just a slang word to me like saying oh crud, like darn it all. So that is why I was looking up British slang words, but maybe they would get bleeped too. It is funny reading through some of the British slang words.
 
The hard part is if we don't know what they are, we don't know what not to say. Maybe there could be a section in the social room of what words not to say, because most of us will use a word without mal-intent. :shrug:
 
What I am wondering if there is a list of words that automatically get censored and get exchanged for another word. Because what I wrote last night was immediately switched, on here and in a private message. That or Jo never sleeps... :heehee:
 
I do believe they are manually changed, but maybe there are a list of words that send a red flag right away. Some of it is a cross cultural difference in how a word is taken, or just differing levels of sensitivity to language. Chuckle and move on!
 
Speaking of fall (and not flap or pit), the other day, I stepped over the curb and reached in the trunk of my car. I lost my footing, leg twisted and I yelled: "Ow. (breath) That WOULD have hurt!" My brain is still wired to my pre-TKR knees! Will that ever change?
 
I know what you mean PooShay! Every time I do something I think, woah, wait, that would have taken me out before my BTKR! It's really wild to think that life is not the same as it was before TKR! I hope our brain changes, however I don't know if it will.
 
Jacky48, How are you doing? I hope not falling. I have been busy doing sewing. What do yo want for New Year? Tashia
 
I wonder if the website creators just added certain words to spell check so that they would automatically change to something more tame so that no real person is actually involved in the censoring. And Pooshay I am so glad you didn't get hurt! I guess these knees were built to last!
 
Tashia, I'm doing okay and trying to stay upright for now. Trying to get in the swing of exercising and getting more fit, adding strength and muscle for these new knees! Sewing is a lot of fun I use to sew a lot when the kids were young, back when they didn't mind wearing the clothes that I made. What are you working on?
For the new year I want a more painfree life and a lot more travel!:thumb: What are your goals for the new year?
 
Jacky, did you fall? I hope not! Am playing catch up on things and I don't know what I missed.
 
Jacky, Glad to hear it! You were on such a whirlwind of activity with getting your room ready I am glad to hear that nothing bad happened. That fear of falling is a bear although I have to say that might has abated mostly for me. My big concern is when I am around the pool because it is slippery so I use my cane there, but other than that the cane sits in the car now.
 
Yeah Lisa around the pool would freak me out too! Slippery when wet is not good, however you are very smart to keep your cane close by when you're there.:thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom