Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine, those creams never did diddle squat for me so I went for, lights out! :heehee:
 
Happy Birthday Jacky!! So glad to hear you haven't lost your adventurous side and still enjoying new things! Sake and Fried green tea ice cream are 2 of my favorite things too!
Also really glad to hear the injections seem to be working... that is great news as well! :cheers:
 
Thanks Roxie, I feel if we lose our adventurous side, we stop living and I'm not ready to do that and don't plan to for many, many years yet, as I'm sure many of us are not ready to that's why we make that ever so serious decision to have TKR. :thumb:

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
You are so right Jacky. That's exactly why I decided to have TKR, was not ready to just sit down and watch life pass me by. I still have a lot of stiffness in the last knee, but I am expecting it to get better. I am finally not walking with my cane except if planning to walk alot or on uneven ground. One more milestone!
 
Good for you sunshine, all will get better with time on your side, you can't lose!:thumb:
I'm 5 months out and I still keep my cane in the car for unexpected moments, my security blanket so to speck!

Congrats on yet another milestone!:friends:
 
Jacky, Sounds like your birthday was fun! Green Tea friend ice cream sounds good, never heard of such a thing. Probably good that I don't know where to get that! :)
 
Lisa, the fried green tea ice cream is usually on Japanese restaurant menus, I don't recall seeing it anywhere else and your right it's probably a good thing it's not!
 
Jacky,
Glad to hear the birthday was a good one. Hope you got a little more "dessert" when you got home from dinner. Oh what to do about us dirty old ladies, look at the bad things I picked up from Debbie and you.
 
Thank you sunshine, I guess I was pretty lucky to live in the eastcoast since we had daylight savings time last night, which means I had and extra hour of beauty sleep. I think it helped, because when I woke up and looked in the mirror, I thought,WOW, I look 20 years younger, then I realized I forgot to turn the light on! :rotfl:



:rolleyes: :rofsign: Oh, Jackie, forgot to turn the lights on!!! LOL I hear ya girl.
 
Jacky,
Glad to hear the birthday was a good one. Hope you got a little more "dessert" when you got home from dinner. Oh what to do about us dirty old ladies, look at the bad things I picked up from Debbie and you.
Rose, how did you even guess that! :whistle: I don't know if it was the fact of going out to dinner or what, but I even got two more helpings of dessert after we got home from dinner! I guess it's true, the way to a man's heart (or something :whistle: ) is through his stomach! :yay:
However, I don't think you got that naughtiness from us, I believe you carry your own naughty gene! :) Not a bad thing, actually a very good thing! :happydance: A person can't possibly have too much dessert! :blush: Thank god for great new knees! :heehee:
 
Hey Rose, Jacky and I just like to interject a few things here and there and if you have a dirty mind you will get them...:heehee:
 
First snowfall in CT. And I had to go out for my neck PT. It was quite slushy and snow covered ground! First thing I though of, oh please don't let me fall! :shocked: I was very cautious and started do the old lady shuffle, like I use to before TKR, then I said okay you can walk normal, it worked! Yay, I did it and I didn't fall! Good day!
 
Jacky,
How did the neck PT go today?? Glad to hear you didn't fall.
Tomorrow is the first EPI for the thoracic discs. Will let you knmow how it comes out.
 
Deb & Rose, PT Is went pretty good I had the evaluation on Monday and he couldn't believe how tight my neck muscle on the right side is. My OS has set me up for 8 weeks, 3 times a week, I hope it doesn't take that long, it almost sounds like a marriage commitment for goodness sakes.
Monday I went to yet another OS for my hand and arm, carpal tunnel and possible nerve damage in my arms, because of the shaking I was experiencing after the epidurals. No nerve damage was found and only very slight carpal tunnel in the right hand. All shaking seems to be gone now so it must have been temporary after the epidurals. :yay:

karmigirl Rose good luck tomorrow, I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow!

And for now, may we all stay upright for the rest of our lives! Unless of course we chose to be horizontal! :heehee:
 
Falling is almost a worst case scenario! The locker room at the pool is really slick, to me, if I am barefoot. I try never to be barefoot, wearing what I've turned into pool sandals in the locker room, pool and shower. I try to only put my bare feet on a towel. But today I had to walk barefoot and was scared of the wet floor! I'm sure not looking forward to snow and ice! I'm glad at least that my car is in the garage.
 
Janet, I can only imagine wet floor and bare feet, I like you make sure I have a carpet or towel when I get out of the shower. Too scary for sure! :yikes:

Snow and ice are great to watch if you don't have to go out, but if you do.... Not nice! Today it was either postpone my appointment or suck it up and give it a go. My neck hurt, because of tight neck muscles, so I gave it a go! I left my room project in turmoil and finished it when I got back. The hard crunchy, icy stuff I really fear!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom