Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet, Tashia, Lisa, Deb, Mimi & Kathy, thanks for all the well wishes! My son and daughter-in-law just left for Newport RI and hopefully they will be out of harms ways as well, they definitely needed some time away. As for losing power, I hope to god not! They have well water and septic and nothing works if the power is out, not pretty! :shocked:

Mimi, stay safe this kinda stuff is scary for sure!

Tashia, no need to apologize, all is good here!

Nyland, what part of the east coast are you located at? Stay safe my friend!

Wishing you all a safe and happy weekend my friends! :friends:
 
Jacky I have been racking my brain to remember who it was who had the injection and couldn't remember and then checking your post, I saw it was you. So glad to hear you had no issues like some of the others who had them did. I hope the injections work.

I have had to have 2 discs fused in my neck, and the pain you and Mimi describe brings back horrible memories. I like Mimi had lots of numbness and pain. I never was even offered injections, becuz my herniations were too bad, and surgery was my only answer. I will tell you though, those two surgeries were the best for me. No longer have that pain or numbness anymore.

For all you East coasters in the line of the storm, praying for you all, and hope you all stay safe. Big hugs!!!
 
Hi Gail, wow you are another one who had to deal with neck issues, so not good on top of all your other issues. I'm so glad that everything turned out alright with your fushions. You are so right, once the discs herniated they will not give the injections, so I'm hoping to avoid that.

Thank you for the well wishes Gail. Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Jacky with this darn Crohns Disease it has done so much more damage to my body than you can imagine. I have had about 15 different surgeries and the majority have been becuz of the disease in my intestines or becuz the damage the meds and disease itself has caused. Oh well, been living with it nearly 40 years, so kinda used it by now. Hugs!
 
Gail, you certainly have been through more than your fair share with your Crohns Disease! I know the saying goes, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, but geez!
 
Hi Jacky,
Haven't stopped by lately, but am glad to hear things are looking up. Storm reports are scaring me, and I'm not even by the ocean. But they say we'll get hit pretty hard here too. I never thought of sticking up on meds. But I did get in lots of bottled water and some canned goods, just in case.
Let's all check in during and after. Stay safe!
 
Mickey and Minnie are 5 months old today, Woohoo! We spent last weekend at our son's and daughter-in-law's house taking care of our two grandpouches and our 16 year old grandson, actually our grandson watched both of us!:heehee: I had forgotten how low their toilets were and how many stairs they had to get to the bedroom!:yikes: I found out really quickly that the toilets were not a proplem and as for the stairs, well I brought my cane just in case. I did use the cane the first day, but after that I was okay with just using the hand rail.:thumb: I was happy to see that my quads had strenghten up more than I thought.

I did have to be cautious with the 2 dogs though as they get very excited when they see us and tend to jump up on their hind legs and extend their front paws to us. Mickey and Minnie, the little mice that they are, are not to fond of dogs yet, plus the like to jump on the bed in the morning to wake us up and that's really when I get scared, because they are not small dogs and they love to pounce!:puppysmooze:

Oh, the exciting part was that we took our grandson out to dinner on Saturday night and there was quite a wait, but my knees didn't hurt!:yay: And that was the first time we've gone out to dinner since I had BTKR!:yes!: Our grandson couldn't believe, so I told him we wanted to wait and make it a special occassion with him.:) He's turning out to be such a nice young man, just like his dad! We had great conversations and a very enjoyable time.

Have I told you lately that I LOVE MY NEW KNEES, I would shout it from the roof top, but I can't get up there yet!

On another score for my aging body, I went to my spine and neck OS today and it seems that the 2 steriodal epidurals that I had for my bulging disc C5-C6 have done there job, so now starting next week I will be starting PT for ROM and tight muscles on the right side of my neck. I did mention to him that after the epidurals I have developed a shaking in both my hands, the right less than the left, so he is sending me for nerve scan in both hand to rule out carpal tunnel. Holy Moly, I'm going to get to know every doctor in the new area that we just moved in last year for goodness sake!!! However, on the bright side, if it needs fix'n this year is a good year for it, it's all paid for 100% from here on out, get-er-done as the saying goes!:thumb:

So all in all this year has been a fun filled year, to say the least, but all for the good, me thinks!:skep: Going forward is a good thing!

I hope all is well with everyone, especially those in the New Jersey and New York city area! That storm was very mean to them! You gotta wonder what make Mother Nature and Father Time tick!:scratch:

Saty well and stay positive my BoneSmartie friends!:friends:
 
Happy birthday to Micky and MInnie, Jacky! :goodpost: I am glad things are going so well.
 
Happy anniversary to you, Mickie and Minnie! 5 months, where did the time go! Sounds like you had a nice visit with your grandson. Sixteen is a fine age to appreciate a fine young man in the making! That's great that the low seats and tall stairways weren't a problem. I can't believe it's your first time out to a restaurant either!! I do appreciate the Love you have for your new knees! Happy days are here again!
 
Good report Jacky, wow, 5 months old today, mine are 11 weeks. Glad your shots worked, as watching Dave with having had that surgery on the same discs and watching him in pain, I would hate to see you have to endure that now so soon after having your knees done. Carpal tunnel wouldn't be too bad, but hope you don't have to have it done. Sounds like you had a nice time with your grandson too.
 
Thanks Janet and Debbie! So far I am soo happy with the outcome! Norm and I were talking tonight, at dinner, how excited we are about our trip to Florida to spend thanksgiving with our daughter and granddaughters! Life is good after TKR, because I would never have considered a driving trip to Florida before TKR. I recommend TKR highly! :thumb:
So thanking the medical field and technology for my new knees! :yay:

Stay well my friends! :friends:
 
So good to hear such a great report! :yay: Isn't it great to enjoy life again and not have to work with your pain? Frees you up for all sorts of mischief! :heehee: Not that you need that!

Great to hear the neck is on the mend. I am very happy for you. I went for an EMG today and they think that I have carpel tunnel in both hands with the right the worst! Even though my neck is a mess, the nerve study did not show the damage was from the neck, but the wrist!! That was a good surprise for me. :yes!: Now what is the fix?? Cause I can't sleep and the numbness gets worse daily!
 
Oh Mimi, I so know where you're coming from! My god we fix one thing only to encounter another! What the heck!
I really never was short on mischief! :heehee: Thanks for reminding me of that! :)
Hopefully you won't have to go through another operation, me too for that matter! Me thinks, that everyone on BoneSmart is keeping the medical profession alive! Yikes!
 
Thank you Judy and Lisa, going forward is a great feeling, as you both well know! :yes!:

Stay well my friends! :friends:
 
Jacky,
Great news on how Minnie and Mickey are doing for you. You feel so liberated when things finally start to work right. Also really glad to hear you shots worked, I'd been praying for a good outcome for you. Don't worry over carpal tunnel, yes it is surgery, but not bad at all. More inconvienient than anything. Many year ago I had both of them done 10 days apart do to a life of typing all day. The onky thing is after surgery you a in a splint for about 10-14 days until the staples come out.
I had my cervical epidural today, went pretty well, I just have a bit of discomfort, feels like the tight muscles are relaxing and are sore now. I had the sedation with mine, shot at 11:00, out to luch with hubby after, came home and slept all afternoon until about 7 this evening. So I am on my way with this round will be checked when I go next Thursday for the 1st of 2 thoracic epidurals. They won't do much PT with my neck because of all the fusions, they don't even like to do massage on it. When I went in this morning I had such a headache but it is gone now so looking for a good outcome.
 
Rose, I'm so glad you checked in because I've been worrying about your outcome, and I'm so glad you were able to feel some relief from your epidural so soon. I am so glad your headache has subsided and has allowed you some relief! I hope next Thursday gives you enough relief to allow you to enjoy the holidays and beyond!
karmigirl

Stay well my friend! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom