Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jacky

I am just catching up with your posts - you have been a good girl :thumb:. You sound as if life is getting back on track and you are getting busy again. Congratulations on your weight loss - your heart and new knees will be very happy.

Have a good weekend :)
 
Thanks Jo! Thank you for the kind words, however being a good girl is not all that it's cracked up to be! I'd rather be out to play more, but in due time! You're right about the weight loss being good for my heart and Mickey & Minnie, that's for sure! :egypdance:
I hope all is well with you and your recovery. How is your new knee treating you 8 month out? I hope you are having a good recovery and enjoying life again. :thumb:

Stay well! :friends:
 
Janet, I couldn't have said it any better myself!:thumb: I can't believe the connection I feel with my BoneSmartie family. If I miss a day checking on this forum and my buddies I feel neglectful. It's like I'm addicted to seeing how everyone is doing and are they safe!:sos: When someone gets injured or is facing obstacles, as you put it, I feel blessed to be able to give them support and understanding and I know they are there for me as well, and for that I am greatful. Greatful for having recovery buddies like you, cheering each other on when things go well and supporting each other when things go, not so well!:friends: I know so few people who have gone through this in my personal life, and none of them close enough to get information from. On the other hand being connected to this forum and these wonderful people who were and are so kind as to share their stories, which allows me to get feedback and learn from is more than I could have ever hoped for before I found the BoneSmart forum and family.:friends: Oh yes, progress is grand!:ok: And BoneSmart is the way to go, let spread the word! :thumb:
Jacky, I agree. I check in a few times a day. Our family :-)
 
Hi Jacky

I am doing just great at 8 months - I am in better shape than I have been in for years, thanks to my lovely new knee. It has all gone better than I ever dared to think it would. I owe so much to my OS and I still mentally thank him every day still!

Being a good girl has paid off for you, don't fear plenty of time to make up for the months of being good :martini: :angel:
 
Thanks Janet! And, why are you up so late? :sleep: We celebrated Mickey's & Minnie's 12th week birthday with steamed lobsters, Mystic Ct. Bluepoint oysters on the half shell, fresh corn on the cob, salad and a nice crisp white wine! They were quite happy!:wink: I can tell you I was quite beat by the time that was done! Thank goodness hubby did the clean up part!:thumb:
I love to see a man at work!:heehee:
 
Gosh, what happened to my invitation? Lost in the mail, I guess. What a feast---my mouth is watering just reading the menu. A great meal, a terrific hubby, and two pain free knees----what more could a girl ask for? Well, a million bucks---but what's money?

Seems like yesterday you were going in for your surgery and here it is three months later---time flies and things just get better. Take care.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Wow, that was a feast! I had pizza at the local lake with the family. We started watching the first season of Boss last night, and ended up watching three episodes. That's why it was so late. Although I'm a late person anyway.
 
Thanks Judy for being so understanding about the invitation, however I thought I had mailed it out so I went in my car to look for it and sure enough there it was on the seat! Just as well you wouldn't have been happy, we ate it all!:shrug::heehee:
I can't believe it's coming up on 3 months since Mickey and Minnie joined the family and they were/are such good meeses right from the beginning, the muscle, tendons and ligaments not so much, but the mice, ahhh heavens! :angel:

Now that I have my new knees and no more knee pain I am concerntrating on other pains, like my neck! I have an appointment Friday with another Orthopedic Surgeon that deals with the spine and neck, he's in the same office as my knee OS and he recommended him to me. Once I get relief from that pain I won't need a million bucks, I'll feel like a million bucks!:yes!:

Stay well my friend, I hope you and hubby are getting all set for his replacements!:friends:
 
Now pizza is my second favorite Janet!:thumb: As the owner of the last company I worked for once said to me "Jacky, there is no gray in you is there?" I asked him what he meant and he said "Well it's either black or white, good or bad, right or wrong, rich or poor, you don't have any in between!" I said, what's the point of "in between", it just murkies up the waters and messes with my mind!:shrug:

Boy did I go off on a tangent when all I was trying to say is, I love lobster and I love pizza! :)
 
Also catching up here and I had missed the post of your great weight loss and improved blood pressure. That is great news Jacky and welcome to "Onederland" I hated being over 200 and was so happy when I got down under that dreaded number. I use to hover around the upper 180's to the 190's, but this time I kept going and am now in the upper 150's and my blood pressure is responding nicely. I am a little more worried now as my appetite didn't seem to be too affected by the LTKR as it did with my RTHR last Dec. Guess I figured out the medication and what was making me sick and this time we avoided that. But now with not exercising I have to be more careful with what I am eating. Anyway, just wanted to welcome you to "Onederland" you skinny thing you.....:yay:
 
Oh my, miss "Debbie does Dallas" (love that), I am far from being a "skinny thing" I'm affraid I left that behind in my upper teens, early twenties!:scratch: However I don't try as hard as I use to in my thirties and fourties and with bad knees my body just did not want to cooperate!:headbang: Looking back to when I was in the upper 150lbs I now think, what the heck was wrong with that!:skep:
You are doing fantastic Deb and it does make one happy when weight loss happens as long as we're not ill to acheive it.
 
will be celebrating my 12 week anniversary next week - on the way to France, catching the ferry at 12 weeks + 1 day. All this weight loss business - we don't do pounds in UK - I keep having to translate (actually calculate .... 150lbs is OK, think I am abt 156lbs - 71 kgs - ish!) Well done all of you, in fact well done all of US! :yay:
 
Well Rita, I like the way the UK does the their measurements too, they actually sound better! ;)
Now I know Mickey and Minnie would have rather gone to France then have a meal, but they both need to pace themselves since that would have been quite a bit away for this early in the recovery. I must say, I do envy you for being so close! Enjoy yor trip and stay well!:friends:
 
Oh my! I came to a rude awaking today and came out on top! We went to the dentist in our old town we lived in, which is about an hour ride, and we got there early after checking out the old neighborhood. We knew it was going to be the last time we'd see this dentist, whom we've been with for about 33 yrs. It was a good walk down memory lane!:wink: We got there and I realized that I had to use the bathroom because I drank a big glass of water with my antibiotics before we left. We went in and gave our names and I told my husband, I need to go! I opened the bathroom door and I think my eyes got bigger than my head!:yikes: I looked at the toilet and it looked like it was 1 1/2 ft of the ground! Thank god I saw a grab bar. When I prepared it for myself I sat and I swear to god, I looked at my knees and they seemed to be at the same height of my shoulders and if not my shoulders then, my chest!:yikes: Mission accomplished! Now I had to get up! Like I said, thank god for the grab bar! I did realize two very important things, The last time I used that facility was in the beginning of the year and I must say I was pleasently surprised that this was NOT painful! Getting down or getting up from that seat did not sent shooting pains right up to my brain!:thumb: like before I had my BTKR! I WIN!!!:yahoo:
 
Yay, yay yay!! You looked the devil in the face (uh, okay, knees) and you triumphed over the evil! Where do they get those darn things from anyway? Kindergarten plumbing supply?
 
I know Janet I never realized that before, I always thought, oh well that's the way it is, well noooo!!!! When do the "Baby Boomers" rule in this world? Time to get the kindergarterns back to the little potty thingy! That's what I felt I was sitting on!
 
That's what I was faced with on vacation, and with my long legs! I had to take my slippers off every time I used it just to get that little bit closer!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom