Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you will stay on top of this and get it taken care of as soon as you can, before it does further damage. Good luck. :yes:
 
The bathroom is a great place to start Janet. We moved into a 55+ community and all toilets are aging adult height, I never needed a toilet seat riser, all doorways are wider to allow for wheel chairs if need be and all shower stalls are wide with wide entrance doors. When we first had it built my mind said, oh this will be great when we're in our 80's or 90's, then I got my new knees and realized, oh this is great now!!!!

I always wondered about that hole in the floor thing in France, they really had that huh?! Wow, that wouldn't work for me either!
I am in France now & they still have that 'hole in the floor thing' - it's an acquired skill, thankfully not needed very often!!!
 
Rita, I guess that would be on the top of my list of things I'd rather not acquire! :yikes:
 
My sentiments exactly!!!!!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Hi Jacky48,
it's been awhile since I've read your thread. Sorry the neck is causing so much grief.
There's one thing I notice in all your postings: you seem like such a lovely person! I'm glad to have 'met' you, and wish you all the best in your continuing recovery.
 
Thank you for your kind words Jebsw! I do enjoy belonging to such a wonderful family "The BoneSmarts"! :friends: It is very comforting to know that all the great people here on BoneSmart are here to be of such help to others even though they have hardships of their own.

We really do need to have a BoneSmart convention somewhere so we can actually met and greet each other in real life and scream from a mountain top, "We are the BoneSmart Family" while holding hands. I'll bet we'd circle the world a couple of times! :friends:

Stay well and stay positive my BoneSmartie friend! :SUNsmile:
 
So to have a BoneSmart convention we have to make it fair and meet in the middle and that would put us in the middle of the Atlantic right???? :cheers:
 
Oh man do I like the way you think Debbie! Yeah, a cruise sounds about right! That ship would never be the same again!!:rotfl::cocktail::thumb: We could all wear shorts and show our badges of honor!
 
Can you imagine how long it would take us as a group to get through security if they had metal detectors?
 
Oh Janet, you really made me laugh out loud!:loll: That's a good one! :thumb: The looks on their faces would be precious, as each one of us buzzed off the alarm! :whistle:
 
Okay, whoa there ladies. In the "I'm proud of you" thread, I offered to organize a gathering. I wasn't really serious but you know, a cruise might be a great idea. Me in shorts, not a great idea...there'd be people screaming and jumping overboard.
 
If I'm willing to risk my reputation by wearing shorts to meet my BoneSmartie family, well my dear I think you should join the group! Yes? Or maybe on second thought how about capri pants?, this way we could just raise the pant leg a bit to show our badges of honor! I just realized I had too much reputation lose by scaring everyone off by wearing shorts. I haven't worn short since my early twenties!:umm:
 
Nope, no shorts, no capris, no skirts. It's for the public's safety, trust me. :yikes:

Karmigirl, I assume you envision us climbing that mountain?
 
Janet, you made me :rofsign:setting off the metal detectors would be so funny and frustrating to the crew. Heck, I will show off my knee and my hip scar, so I will wear a swimming suit, wouldn't bother me. I didn't lose all this weight to cover myself up. I wore shorts all summer for the first time in a very long time. Yes I have flabby skin, but who cares. Now I don't think I will show my vertical c-section scars or my old way of doing my gallbladder and appendix scars. Boy, if someone saw me naked they would think I was a cutter.......:rotfl:
 
Debbie, you crack me up! :loll: Now I think it's safer if we just show our knee scars for now, cause if I had to show my scars they'd think I was hit by a weed whacker. Although we all know each of our scars were for a good cause and better life! :friends:
 
karmigirl said:
Jacky,
We have a mountain down here in Atlanta, A big granite one, Stone Mountain that I am sure we could gather at the top of.

I've been to Stone Mountain, a few times!
 
I'm planning on henna decorations around my scars like that other lady has in her icon, love that! so I NEED shorts to show off that. (sorry I forgot her name...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom