Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky, that was a good report. I can't believe I'm in my 24th week! I am so thankful that things worked out well for me, but it wouldn't have gone half as well without the information and the support I received from the site and the members. "Way back when", my main worry was that the tourniquet pain and the tight feeling around the knees would never go away. Veteran BoneSmarties assured me that they eventually would go away. And guess what? Tourniquet pain vamoosed, and the tightness is intermittent!

I hope that everyone here recovers. Some take a different path than others.
 
Janet, I couldn't have said it any better myself!:thumb: I can't believe the connection I feel with my BoneSmartie family. If I miss a day checking on this forum and my buddies I feel neglectful. It's like I'm addicted to seeing how everyone is doing and are they safe!:sos: When someone gets injured or is facing obstacles, as you put it, I feel blessed to be able to give them support and understanding and I know they are there for me as well, and for that I am greatful. Greatful for having recovery buddies like you, cheering each other on when things go well and supporting each other when things go, not so well!:friends: I know so few people who have gone through this in my personal life, and none of them close enough to get information from. On the other hand being connected to this forum and these wonderful people who were and are so kind as to share their stories, which allows me to get feedback and learn from is more than I could have ever hoped for before I found the BoneSmart forum and family.:friends: Oh yes, progress is grand!:ok: And BoneSmart is the way to go, let spread the word! :thumb:
 
Okay, Two big achievements today! I was able to shave near my scar with a small electric razor, the kind you use for facial or nasal hairs. I also was able to kneel without pain, although I did it on my "memory foam bed mattress! I love my new life!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
for Jacky. More milestones: [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! shaving close to incision scar! [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! kneeling on memory foam (smart move)! It just keeps getting better and better. I love your new life, too.

(Can't tell you how hard it was to find a pic of someone kneeling on a bed with clothes on!)
 
Jacky, You are doing so well it's hard to believe it's only been a couple of months since surgery. Keepup the good work.

Judy you really must stay off those porn sites.
 
Judy, shaving near the scar was such a challenge for me and I found a way! Kneeling on our "memory foam" mattress was a BIG plus for my knees! :ok:

(who said anything about clothes!) :heehee:
 
Thank you Rose, I can't believe it's been only a couple of months either! It brings tears to my eyes when I think about it! I feel so lucky! :thumb:
 
Please keep checking in it's wonderful to see your progress Jackie. You and Janet have taken a lot of fear out of the prospect of BTKR for me. I don't have any idea how it's going to go for me but it gives me hope to read your journals here.
 
It so good to hear about your knees. I looked at your dates and you had your surgrey a couple of days before mine. Time does fly by when you are having fun. I haven't kneal yet so now I have a goal. I do drive and and hardly any pain. Wow both of us are doing so good it makes it worth it. Right? Keep me posted because we are close to being sisters. I only had one done but I did have the other a couple of years ago. we can make it. :puppysmooze:Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Thanks kayeKaye, I hope you get new knees soon so that you can be on your way to a knee pain free life! :thumb: I had no idea how it was going to turn out for me either before my BTKR, but I did know how it was being in pain every day with no recovery in sight. I am so happy that I am on the other side and see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will be happy too! :friends:

Stay well and positive my friend! :thumb:
 
Tashia, you are so right, we both are doing so well! :friends: Driving was a big one for me too. I didn't plan the kneeling part, I just did it and was shocked when I realized that it didn't hurt, but I worried that I would pay the price this morning and woke up pain free. :yay:

Stay well and positive knee sister! :friends:
 
Woohoo Jacky. I love reading your posts - such an inspiration and not just with your good progress with your knees, but your whole spirit, your kindness, your great sense of humour and everything about you :yay:

Kathy
xx
 
Thank you so much for your kind words Kathy! Your time is coming soon and I so look forward to reading about your recovery, because I know that with your positive attitude you will recover well and enjoy a pain free life again!

Stay well and positive because that is half the battle! :friends:
 
Be careful Rita, if you try to do it do it on something soft that's why I tried it on my memory foam mattress. Good luck! :thumb:
 
I had my visit with my GP today and all is good! :thumb: My blood pressure is under control for the first Time in many years! :yay: My weight is down from 227 to 197! :thumb: And my knees are recovering beyond expectation as my OS wrote to my GP. Am I ever lucky or what! Or, maybe it's not luck, :skep: maybe it's following the BoneSmart mantra, yea, yea I believe that's it! :thumb: I am so lucky I found this forum and the wonderful people that I have learned from! Yea, that's it, that's where I got lucky! I knew luck had to be somewhere and I found it here! Thanks BoneSmart family! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!


Super weight loss----30lbs. (wish it was me) and blood pressure under control. Whoda' thought you'd get all this with two new knees! Way to go, Jacky! YOU ROCK!
 
Jacky, what a wonderful check up! You've done such a great job! I need to see mine when I get back and won't have such a glowing report, especially on the weight front.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom