Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Kathy, Subway chains sells subs sandwiches, but I like to make mine with the baguettes loaded with cheeses, genoa salami, ham, cappicolla(sp), purcuitto(sp), roasted pepper, onions, tomatoes and whatever else I can fit in there and served with a nice glass of red wine to balance the cheeses and fatty meats! It's all about balance! :heehee:

Woohoo, that sounds like a whoppa and I want one :cheers:

Kathy
xx
 
I see you're busy making the rounds [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! and cheering everyone on [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! .

So how are you and Minnnie & Mickey doing? [Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side! Behaving yourselves or having too much fun or, if you're lucky, both? I always enjoy your posts---always so upbeat and often very funny
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Have a great day!
 
Hi Judy, All's well on the homefront so far! Mickey and Minnie have been behaving themselves and are coming along really well, however I see no point in me going along with them and behaving myself, after all they are young and at my age, behaving is waaaaay over rated!:heehee: What would the fun be in that, it would be a lose, lose situation for me!:loll:

I did get a nice call though last Friday from the hospital co-ordinator that was in charge of my case. She wanted to check up on me and my progress and how I was treated at the hospital and the rehab center. I again mentioned BoneSmart and how every hip and knee replacement patient should be made aware of this wonderful forum and she invited me to be a speaker at their "Replacement Classes". She said that because of issues they can't mention BoneSmart, however if I come in as a speaker telling of my experience of with my BTKR that I can mention BoneSmart to the class. I thought that was pretty neat because I've never in my life felt so strongly about anything so positive as having my knees replaced, and if I can help motivate even just one person to do the right thing for themselves and get their live back, this is it!
Then they would be able to misbehave just like me!:whistle: I think we need a little face with devil horns on it!:yes:

I hope all is well with you and yours and I must add some of the things you come out with on here really have me rolling!:rotfl: Keep up the good humor, laughter is truely the best medicine!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
What a nice compliment to you to ask you to be a guest speaker and how lucky we are at BoneSmart to have you represent us.
 
That's nice to start with that they called to see how you were doing. It might be a liability thing, because what if someone followed someones advice here and had a bad experience. But it's stellar that they would invite you to the class and allow you to mention it! Speaks well of both you and them! Great!
 
Thanks Janet, I thought of the liability thing as well, she did say that in order for them to mention BoneSmart in class they need to go through a chain of command and check the site out in order for them to be approved to mention it in class. So when I'm up to joining them in class all I need to do is call her and she will give me the class days and times that I could join them in. Sounds Kool! :thumb:
 
Thanks Janet, I thought of the liability thing as well, she did say that in order for them to mention BoneSmart in class they need to go through a chain of command and check the site out in order for them to be approved to mention it in class. So when I'm up to joining them in class all I need to do is call her and she will give me the class days and times that I could join them in. Sounds Kool! :thumb:
Same here Jacky - couldn't get anyone interested in including Bonesmart in a Patient Education Pack - LIABILITY has us in it's grip. :hairpulling:
We aren't wasting ANY opportunity though are we? Can't tell you the number of times I've scribbled down the website/book info for people. Is the whole world having new knees?
 
Rita, it sure seems like the whole world is having new knees and the ones that aren't are walking around in pain! Sad! Us baby boomers are sure giving the medical profession a boost!:whistle: Thank god we we're born at the right time!:thumb:
 
Hi all, It's been a while since I've been on my own thread so I thought I'd update my progress post-op 9 weeks last Friday.
I drove and did a full grocery shopping by myself and it felt liberating! Can you believe grocery shopping liberating?:scratch: Om my I need to get out more!:heehee: I was out for a couple of hours and I stll had energy to cook supper, WOW! I can believe how I'm going to feel when I actually do something fun!:yahoo:
I've learned something about myself though and that is that I had better do my exercises before I get on this darn computer!:bicycle1: Or my butt is stuck in this chair checking out the goings on with my BoneSmart family!:friends:

Mickey and Minnie are still behaving so far, they click and clank but that's to be expected. I did realize that when I bend my knees to pick something up from the floor, I do NOT hear my knee bones crunching and they do NOT lock up and cause me to yell "OUCH!" :yahoo: I never pick up the cane anymore in the house and my gait and back pain are all getting better. I do take the cane when I'm outside, but it rarely hits the ground!

I can't believe it will be 10 weeks this Friday! As they say time flies when you're having fun!:umm:

That's all for now. Stay well my BoneSmartie family!:friends:
 
Jacky, I've given praise to Janet and Rita, and now it's your turn. You, too, are a poster woman for the BoneSmart way to recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
. You've followed the mantra and had a very good recovery thus far. And I expect it will continue to be stellar. This makes you an inspiration to other members and an example to follow.


Your wacky sense of humor
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
keeps things in perspective and keeps things fun. Thanks for being here for all of us.


Take care, I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
:goodpost:Well done Jacky. You drove, shopped, packed the shopping, drove home AND cooked dinner - you are such an inspiration.
I have such respect for all you Bilats. Like you I am finding clicking & clunking a bit distracting, but try to 'zone out'. When I bend now it's my right knee that complains (loudly) but not too painfully thank goodness. Guess it's on the cards in the future. For now, one knee is more than enough. Can't tell you how impressed I am by you & Janet. Just wish we lived closer then we could have a group hug!! :friends:
 
I echo what Judy and Rita have said above as they have said it all. You ARE an inspiration to us all, Jacky, in every way :thumb:

:thankyou:

Kathy
xx
 
Jacky, I've given praise to Janet and Rita, and now it's your turn. You, too, are a poster woman for the BoneSmart way to recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
. You've followed the mantra and had a very good recovery thus far. And I expect it will continue to be stellar. This makes you an inspiration to other members and an example to follow.


Your wacky sense of humor
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
keeps things in perspective and keeps things fun. Thanks for being here for all of us.


Take care, I care.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Thank you Judy! I believe there's a long line of BoneSmarties who inspire new comers and if I am included in that line I feel blessed. You along with many people helped me get through this new adventure in my life. BoneSmart helped me put things in the proper prospective and to follow the mantra made this part of recovery somewhat easy.

Now, the wacky sense of humor? That's not normal??? :shrug: It seems to me that the only way to get through a lot of the wacky stuff that happens in this world and in our lives is to keep your sense of humor or go wacky!!!!!! :rotfl:

I love your characters by the way! :heehee:
 
Rita, thank you! I wishes we lived closer too, as a matter fact I wish all BoneSmarties lived closer so we can get together and physical bond! :friends:
 
Kathy, thank you for your kind words! :friends: Soon you'll be in line with all of us on the other side, inspiring those that come after you! I am sure you will be one to follow the BoneSmart mantra! Good luck to you and your future recovery! :friends:
 
Hi all, It's been a while since I've been on my own thread so I thought I'd update my progress post-op 9 weeks last Friday.
I drove and did a full grocery shopping by myself and it felt liberating! Can you believe grocery shopping liberating?:scratch:
I believe it! way to go!:egypdance:
 
Isn't progress grand! I can not imagine having gone through this with out the bonesmarties, I really can't! It's been such a pleasure having you as a recovery buddy! You are a good role model, and aren't we fortunate that we've come this far without major issues. I feel a little like the soldier that wants to go back for their fallen buddies when others here get injured or have obstacles to get around. I want every one of us to get through this together and accounted for at the end of recovery, even though everyone will get there at their own pace!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom