Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacky - that's excellent progress! Particularly since you had both done at once. You must have been so pleased to get that feedback from your OS. I can't believe it's 7 weeks gone. I was supposed to be 2, then 3 weeks behind you and I'm still waiting.....:sigh:.
 
What great news!!:dancy: So glad to hear that you continue to move forward in your recovery with such great progress!!:)
I am so jealous of your ROM:bow:. At 15 months I am at 118 and 0. I honestly think that too much PT kept me swollen way to long to get a good ROM. I continue to ride my stationary bike every day, walk and do water exercise to get a little more out of the knee.

You have the mantra of less is more down to a science!:yes!:
 
Thanks Mimi, I now wish I knew what my ROM was prior to the surgery so I would know if it's just my luck or if it's the gentle stretching and flexing that gave me such great results. I do know that my OS said this morning that if I push to hard I'll only cause swelling, which in turn would hinder the healing process that is needed to get great movement!

I've also been given the okay to drive. Ahhhhh, another peice of independence given back to me!:ok:

Thanks Phoenixx, I've just been catching up on your thread and can't believe the roller coaster ride you're on! I hope you get you surgery date soon. Good luck to you and keep us updated!

Thanks Janet, I hope PT went well for you today!
 
Jacky, I don't think pre surgery ROM makes a great difference in post op ROM. In my case I had 145 both knees pre surgery. I don't think I will see that in the TKR. I think I am getting more ROM very slowly. My swelling took 9 months to go down and the heat in my knee took a year. :sigh: So considering all of that, guess my ROM is good. I can do everything and do steps well, kneel and even run! And after much work, I have a great walk too!:yay:

You are driving at 7 weeks, that is fantastic!:happydance: At 7 weeks my quads were still in la la land big time.:gaah: I did not drive till 4 months post op and was so happy to get that independence back:yes!:. Enjoy your new freedom.:friends:
 
What a great check up! It is exciting to see that ROM increase so nicely, and so soon! Come to think of it, when I went in to see the OS at two + weeks, they did not measure my ROM, just looked at it and were happy. By 3 months, did he mean for the next three months or until you reach three months (icing, etc.)? What a good warning from your OS, not that you needed it, but it confirms that we are not being too conservative.
 
Wow, Mimi you are doing great for a you've been through! :friends: You've had a lot of issues that I did not have to face, which I consider myself lucky for. You also had a much harder road to recovery and are a great inspiration to anyone considering knee replacements. :thumb: Getting your independence back must have been extra sweet! And thank you I will enjoy my new freedom! :ok:
 
Thanks Janet, The funny thing is that I was never focusing on the ROM numbers, but when PT took the numbers on the last day to send the report to my OS I was surprised to see the numbers that high! When he said 3 months he meant when I reach 3 months, I believe, because he said it takes at least 3 months for the tissue to heal and not get so easily inflamed. I was so surprised when he was cautioning me about getting too aggressive with exercise too fast, that I could have sworn that he read all this stuff on this forum! He is a younger surgeon, mid 40's, that's one of the reasons I picked him because I wanted some that was up to date with the newer ways of doing things, so I guess I got a winner! :thumb:
 
Thanks bassplayer, my OS is a pretty kool guy I like him more every time I see him! He said when I go back to him in October he will teach me how to kneel, now that's something I haven't done in a very long time! We'll see how that works out! :scary:

I hope all is well with you in your recovery! :friends:
 
Glad to read you are doing so well, Jacky and you always sound so very positive and upbeat. An inspiration to those of us waiting :thumb:

Kathy
xx
 
Well I think I lost the ants in the grocery isles somewhere, because they certainly didn't come home with us! I went the whole store, and it's not a small store, and I felt no knee pain! We got home and luckily I have my hubby to help and he unloaded everything and together we put things away then II made some awesome grinders (for some it's subs, heros or hoagies) and I still felt like I have energy to spare! I'll bet I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight! :zzz:

Tomorrow my first hair cut since my new knees joined the family! Yeaaaa! :thumb:
grinders, hoagies, heros subs? You can eat these things?
 
Thanks Kathy, you will be so happy when you are on the other side of the bone-on-bone pain issue that you won't be able to be anything but positive as well! It's like the dark shades have been lifted from your mind and you can clearly see a recovery point in the horizon. :SUNsmile: I so look forward to reading your story from the other side. :friends:
 
Reetpteet, you made me really laugh out load! :loll: If you really knew me you would know that on a good day I could eat the kitchen sink! :heehee: What do you call these sandwiches in the U.K.? And you are so right when you said we need a U.K./U.S.A. Translation dictionary! :thumb:
 
Thanks Kathy, you will be so happy when you are on the other side of the bone-on-bone pain issue that you won't be able to be anything but positive as well! It's like the dark shades have been lifted from your mind and you can clearly see a recovery point in the horizon. :SUNsmile: I so look forward to reading your story from the other side. :friends:

Thank you, Jacky :thankyou:

Kathy
xx
 
Reetpteet, you made me really laugh out load! :loll: If you really knew me you would know that on a good day I could eat the kitchen sink! :heehee: What do you call these sandwiches in the U.K.? And you are so right when you said we need a U.K./U.S.A. Translation dictionary! :thumb:

Don't know about the others, but are subs sandwiches from Subway? We have baguettes (very large long crusty rolls) and baps (large round soft rolls) amongst others.

Kathy
xx
 
Yes Kathy, Subway chains sells subs sandwiches, but I like to make mine with the baguettes loaded with cheeses, genoa salami, ham, cappicolla(sp), purcuitto(sp), roasted pepper, onions, tomatoes and whatever else I can fit in there and served with a nice glass of red wine to balance the cheeses and fatty meats! It's all about balance! :heehee:
 
Yes Kathy, Subway chains sells subs sandwiches, but I like to make mine with the baguettes loaded with cheeses, genoa salami, ham, cappicolla(sp), purcuitto(sp), roasted pepper, onions, tomatoes and whatever else I can fit in there and served with a nice glass of red wine to balance the cheeses and fatty meats! It's all about balance! :heehee:
Ah - one end of the sandwich has to weigh the same as the other! A balanced meal - get it.
We have (depending where you live), rolls, baps, buns, muffins (not your sort), baguettes - the list is endless. Basically it's anything you want to put between any kind of bread.
 
^Stop it, you're making me hungry. :rotfl:
 
You really made me laugh out loud this time! :loll: Gotta love it when you can grab you BoneSmartie foodies across the world wide web :thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom