Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Janet, I was so surprised at the rotation on that bike as well, ya just never know what or when those little devils will surprise you! I'm starting to have fun with this, it's like you never know what's going to happen next! I always did love a good mystery!"

She actually put my seat UP a notch today, so I could get around "clean", without leaning side to side to get over. With that, I just whizzed away, but there wasn't a lot of challenge to it.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
THAT'S US!
 
Way to go Jacky!
 
Now here comes the hard part! Now that I am off of the heavy duty drugs, A.K.A. The Big Guns, my body wants to go do stuff! I have PT at 1:00 today and I told my husband, maybe we should swing by the grocery store when you pick me up from PT today, he looked at me:skep: and said, if you think your up to it! I guess I'll know if I'm up to it after PT! It just might be a take out night!:yes: Which is not hard to take either, but boy am I getting antsy!:dancy:
 
You need to let those ants get out and about a little, Jackey. They'll drive you crazy otherwise.
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

A brief stop at the grocery
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
(and notice I said brief) will be an upper for you and great fun for the ants. And take-out is ALWAYS good
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
---so easy to clean up after. I really don't mind the cooking, if I could just find a pixie or fairy or even a little green man who would come in in the the night and do the clean up for me.


Take care and have a great day!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Thanks for the laugh Judy! You're right those ants gotta go! Cooking is my relaxer and I've noticed that when I stand at the island preparing meals lately I don't feel any of that bone on bone pain I use to feel pre-op! I could stand forever if it wasn't for the muscle pain and fatique, which will go away with time. And you are sooo right clean up yucks! Oh and did I mention, I LOVE my new knees!:yahoo:
 
Antsy? :scratch: Where does that word come from? It's not something we use here in UK, guess it means sort of restless, fidgety etc? We need US/UK dictionaries!
 
Hi Rita, you got the meaning for antsy right on! Have you ever heard someone say to a child that can't sit still "Do you have ants in your pants?". This is where I remember it as a child, not aimed at me of course, I was always the good one.:loll:
 
Well I think I lost the ants in the grocery isles somewhere, because they certainly didn't come home with us! I went the whole store, and it's not a small store, and I felt no knee pain! We got home and luckily I have my hubby to help and he unloaded everything and together we put things away then II made some awesome grinders (for some it's subs, heros or hoagies) and I still felt like I have energy to spare! I'll bet I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight! :zzz:

Tomorrow my first hair cut since my new knees joined the family! Yeaaaa! :thumb:
 
Wow, great outing, and cooking as well! Shhhh! I'm milking this as long as I can... I have hubby convinced shopping and cooking are months away!

I was just thinking about making a hair appointment today. Those roots are not waiting for me!
 
Good for you Janet, however I'm think'n you really don't want to relinquish you independence that easily! You seem like a go getter to me! But, if you can keep hubby guessing for a while longer that would be great! I gave up my hand to early I think, when I said, wow I can't believe how great I feel standing and walking this long!. Silly woman! I never could keep my emotions in check! :happydance:
 
WOW WOMAN - you're amazing! Just checking in to see how you're doing...seems pretty awesome! Keep up the good work!! Give the mice a squeeze for me!
 
Jacky48 said:
Good for you Janet, however I'm think'n you really don't want to relinquish you independence that easily! You seem like a go getter to me! But, if you can keep hubby guessing for a while longer that would be great! I gave up my hand to early I think, when I said, wow I can't believe how great I feel standing and walking this long!. Silly woman! I never could keep my emotions in check! :happydance:

Hmmm, not really a go getter, I'd say. It's been so long since I've been able to Go or Get, that I no longer remember where I was going or what I was getting. I'll have to rediscover Going and Getting before I can become a Go Getter again (if I ever was one). I've actually always been extremely independent, and don't view this as a loss of independence as much as mastering delegation!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
I will never hear the term "go-getter" again without thinking of this. Janet, you have done it again!
 
Thanks Holly, however I don't think I'm any more amazing than you are! You're coming along really well yourself! I gave the mice a squeeze for you and they said, miniinnmiiinnminni, which in mice language says, tell Holly thank you for us!:friends:

Hmmmmm, mastering delegation....... I like the sound of that Janet!:yes!:
 
Hi everyone it's been a while since I've visited my own thread, but I have been meandering around this great forum and checking on many family members.

Here's a small update of my progress! Today is 7 weeks since Mickey and Minnie joined me in our journey through the rest of our lives!:yes!: My visit with my OS today was very positive, he was totally impressed by my flexion ROM left knee 133, right knee 136 and extension for both at 2*. I had 12 sections of out patient PT, which ended yesterday and I can now do the rest of my PT at home on my own. However, I must add that what he said next really pleased me, he said, while seriously looking my in the eye, "people like you really worry us, because at 7 weeks you are really ahead of the curve and we worry that you will do too much to fast and set yourself back in the recovery process, so I don't want you to do any heavy exercises, just gentle stretches, ROM on the bike, walking and icing for at least 3 months. We need to let your body heal, so be gentle this is a long recovery and not something you can push along!" Gee, where have I heard that before? I swear he has been lurking on this site!:skep: Any way I was very pleased, and I'm not one person he'll have to worry about. I can be one to push the envelope, but not in this case! I was in soooooo much pain before my new knees that I wouldn't dare chance doing anything foolish like jeopardize my own recovery! After all 1 to 1 1/2 years full recovery time is not so bad since I had 12 years of terrible pain before my new knees! Oh by the way, did I tell you that I LOVE my new knees!:friends:
Have a great weekend everyone and good luck to everyone who will be going forward to get their new knees and a new lease on life!:thumb:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom