Bilateral TKR Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Janet, You are so right the Wii fit is soooo evil! I thought it was kool until I set myself up with my avatar and weight in, the wench says, You are obese, like I needed her!!!! What the heck did she think I got the stupid thing for anyway! It is called the Wii Fit afetr all!:skep: I do like the games on there though. I didn't think I could have that much fun alone!:heehee: Gave it up though cause of the knees, need to start up again.

My day was pretty good at PT, however I am trying to get my asthma in check, it's really hindering my breathing. My doctor said that the air is so bad right now that I should stay in air conditioning and use my inhaler 4 times a day rather than twice, we'll see! I think this darn meds cause you to breath shallow which doesn't help at all! Can't wait to get of of them! Too much havoc with the body! Anywho, we're of to get some lobsters to celerbrate Mickey's and Minnie's fourth week birthday, their on sale this week can't not take advantage!:thumb:

Hi Morning Glory, I'm already for the tour, however I'm with you, boooooring!!!! Sounds like you're doing great for early on!
Yeah, you really gotta play it a little harder or before you know it you'll be doing it all again!:skep: We lived in a raised ranch up until Aug of last year when we had this ranch built, I told my husband let's build a house where the laundry is on the main level, he use to do the laundry when it was downstair at the old house, so guess what, I am back to doing the laundry! YUCK! I guess the saying goes, watch out what you wish for! So be careful!:friends:

Have a great weekend ladies!
 
Hi Jacky, you are an inspiration to me. You, and Janet both. I only had one knee done, the right one on June 13th, and just hearing how well both of you are doing is so hopefully for me. I think that I am doing very well, but hearing how much better things are at just a week or two can make. Please posting these positive updates, they are so helpful to people like me. Happy recovery.:angel::SUNsmile:
 
Sunshine, thank you! You will be surprised at how much your body will recover in another week or two! Actually every day brings new surprises then you'll adjust for the next surprise! Time moves quickly and before you know it this stage in our recovery will be a faded memory! :friends: Keep up the good work and I wish you a speedy recovery! :thumb:
 
Piping in about Le Tour. Last year, I watched it on my exercise bike. Maybe so his year. And if you know about road racing and the teams/riders, and he you just LOOOOOOOVE to fear Paul S pronounce the name of the French towns and chateaux, not boring at all!!!
 
Hi Janet, the breathing seems to be getting somewhat better, however I am still doing my inhaler 4 times a day which I'm not crazy about! I still don't feel like the lungs are filling up like they should, but I'm sure it takes time with the new inhaler requirements. I started that last Thursday.
Going to PT is starting to feel like going to work, 3 times a week! I have to admit though I am starting to feel the results! :thumb: Being off of the prescription pain meds is starting to make my system feel better. We'll see how long that lasts, so far the ibuprofen and Tylenol seem to be working okay!

I hope all is well with everyone and your recoveries! :friends: Have a great July 4th everyone! :ok:
 
It's soo good hearing everyone's stories - I have a little bit of each one; my appetite is just starting to come back, but not great - and that's ok - I won't wither away; but I do worry about protein for healing - so, I too, have a whey protein shake every morning with milk so that I can take my morning meds; have my first visit post-op tomorrow with my OS - I hope he says that I can take these dry bandages and netting off of my incisions - it's just one more think to bug me along with the TEDS, which I think I am stuck with for a total of 6 weeks (4 weeks to go); It's so hot here in NC - I can't stand to be outside; I sit on our screened in porch from about 0730 to 1030, then it gets too hot and I go inside; I find I am getting so bored already; I can't really concentrate enough to read and today I tried to do some on-line banking (that's a real spirit lifter). I think I may go for a walk around our local Lowe's store - the aisles are big and i's air-conditioned; I want to be sure I can walk really well on my crutches for the OS visit tomorrow; I am reluctant to give up the walker just yet.......and trying to figure out when I can get a pedicure; I was all in a tissy pre-op about taking the polish off and now I want it back on and I am reluctant to go to a salon with my incision so fresh but I certainly can't cut my own nails and never could polish them ....we'll see....maybe I can talk my girlfriend into helping me with this.....

Also anxious to get off the pain meds - am taking MSContin twice a day and Dilaudid for breakthrough (only using at bedtime) and Tylenol ATC with Aspirin (for clots) - I can't use any Advil until I am off the aspirin (6 weeks)....oh well, I guess I have gone on long enough - I am trying to come up with a "project" so I don't get bored out of my mind! Not used to this sitting around - what in the world are others doing to keep busy? I am only at the 2 week mark, so I have a long way to go:yes:

Hope you all have a great pain free day!

Lisa :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Lisa, at 2 weeks I was just sitting in my recliner playing "Words with Friends" on my iPad with family members, in between naps that is!
And then I would do more naps! :heehee: Then I would do some exercises, icing, elevating and more naps! Get the theme here? :whistle:
Are you seriously thinking of walk through Lowe's store??? :scratch: Good luck with that! That certainly is not at the top of my list even now!
You might just want to take it easy for a little bit longer! I'm sure your OS doesn't expect you to jump threw hoops when you walk in the office tomorrow! Just say'n!
 
Hi Jacky, I've been wondering how you are doing. Asthma any better? My daughter had it when she was young, we had some real scary times!
Are you still playing Words? I play on Facebook, if you want another game my email there is deb452@email.com.
Hubby's on his way to WalMart, guess I'll tag along. He bugged me for so long to get my knees fixed and now that I'm getting back into the stores I think he wishes he had kept his mouth shut. Already lots of good clearance on summer stuff. After the 4th the stores are done with summer.
 
Hi Morning Glory, The asthma is getting better little by little, I am using my inhaler twice a day right now instead of the 4 times a day plush the rescue inhaler. I am crossing my fingers that it stays that way for a while. It really scared the daylighting out of me there for a while. I hadn't had a bout like that in ten years! I do believe it was those heavy duty meds cause once I was of them completely it took about 5-7 days before I started noticing a change for the better.
I haven't played Words for a while, I'll try to hook up with you on Facebook. Wow, so you're up and about shopping at WalMart already, I'll bet there are some great bargains right now! Hubbys are funny, they don't pay attention to the old saying, " Be careful what you wish for". :heehee:
 
Morning Glory, to me, that Walmart trip doesn't sound good, but maybe I'm overly cautious. I'm just thinking about potential swelling if you are up walking for more than a few minutes at a time. Water runs downhill, and it's harder to get it back up the hill than it is to not let it run downhill to begin with!
 
I am so with you Janet! I'm not much of a shopper anyway, especially now so soon after this adventure! I've got enough with PT and maybe, maybe a short trip through CVS then I'm whipped! WalMart is huuuuuggggee! I ache just thinking about it! :groan:
 
I've been to the store a few times and I've been fine. First trip was grocery shopping, haven't done that in well over a year, I'd guess closer to 2. I tried after my right knee was done but the left still hurt to bad to be able to do it. Now I can get through the whole store and not wimper once! I didn't swell but my recliner felt real good when I got home. I did not do well at an outdoor mall. No cart and so bloody hot! I quit and hubby went to get the car.
When I went for my one month check on the left knee he was happy with what he saw and said maybe I could go for 2 weeks outpatient and then go on my own. I asked the in home therapist if she thought that was necessary & she said no, what I need to work on I can do here and just daily life. I need endurance and balance mostly. So in my head I rationalize a trip to WalMart as therapy :) Wound up we never got there anyway. I did get a Dunkin Donuts Coolata though mmmm mmmm good!
 
Well today is Mickey's & Minnie's 5th week birthday and all is well! :ok: We just got back from PT an the young lady said, they are doing full rotations on this bike so I need to put you closer, and she did! She put me so close that there was nowhere else to go, and guess what they did the full rotation anyway! :whistle: I think I stumped her! :scratch: The mice and I were quite pleased with ourselves! I walked in holding the cane, but not using it! At home I us the cane when I first wake up(lower back issues) or when I use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I'm much more steady walking without the cane when I have my shoes on, rather than when I'm barefoot!
All in all I feel I am doing better than I ever expected pre op! :thumb:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
Good for you, Jackey! Us "old broads" frequently amaze the youngsters. I'm truly happy that so far the results are better than expectations. Nowhere else to go but UP! I think you've done amazingly well in just 5 weeks, but I know you've followed the mantra and taken your time and not pushed the knees. If we could just get others to embrace this philosophy they would have much better recoveries. Keep up the good work!
[Bonesmart.org] Mickey & Minnie are looking on the bright side!
 
Happy five week birthday to the mice! That is great rotation on the bike! I'm sure not there, still have something to work towards!
 
Good for you, Jackey! Us "old broads" frequently amaze the youngsters.

For sure Judy, I find the young'ns easy to amaze because they have yet to experience so much! They have no idea what's coming at them!:rotfl: When they find out it'll be too late to turn back!:loll:Poor things! Following the mantra is the key to the whole success of this knee recovery thingy! Right now I feel that me and my new knees are in the "newly wed" stage! We're bonded together, but if one says or does something that makes the other angry then someone better back off, cool down and address the issue another time or one may reach the breaking point! I feel we're in for the long hall so we'd better learn to get along and feel good about each other! After all it's not like I can go in there and kick them out!:rotfl: What would I replace them with silly putty?:rolleyes: I'll let them have their "newly wed" stage and I'll treat them nice, then when they mellow out and they are recovered, I'll show them my WILD side!!!!:egypdance:

Janet, I was so surprised at the rotation on that bike as well, ya just never know what or when those little devils will surprise you! I'm starting to have fun with this, it's like you never know what's going to happen next! I always did love a good mystery!:wink:
 
Jacky, FYI, you can get rid of the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] in your signature by hovering your mouse over your user name at the top of the screen and clicking on Signature. Just go in and delete it and select something from the new smiley list if you want something there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom