THR Me2 and Recovery

Hi @Me2 - wow, that's really accomodating...HSS is nowhere near that accommodating...plus I stayed two nights and most of my meals were liquid (blah!!, orange jello)...I think the only full meal I had was lunch before I left...and they don't let you bring any clothes in, except what you wear to the hospital. Other than that, they were good and thorough and very pleasant/nice people. Best wishes for a smooth recovery!!!
 
Nope - gourmet food for this lady - ordering a Pittsburgh steak salad (french fries on salad) for lunch after surgery! No wonder I gained weight in the hospital last time! Chicken marsala for dinner.
 
Not long for you now! You will soon be on the road to recovery!


I had THR on 15 September 2014. Had to have a bone graft due to protrusion into the pelvic bone. Also found out I have "soft bones" and therefore have small fractures on my femur due to operation.
 
Keep up the positive thoughts! Glad you got that ride in. To reduce anxiety, hope you can get a ride in the day before your surgery. I rode the day before and it really helped................I am looking forward to getting on next week, only for a short time. I am amazed that you went on a trail ride at 10 weeks. I hold you up as a role model for me.
 
Last unit of blood done . . . got the suitcase out to start packing . . . bought a couple of new sweater dresses to wear while recuperating since my old ones fit like tents now . . . bought some baskets to make up gifts for the hospital break rooms . . . 11 more sleeps

Anybody have any ideas on treats to take for hospital staff?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Me2 and Recovery
should make everyone happy----I mean, WHO doesn't like chocolate ?
 
Yes you cannot go wrong with chocolate. I love a really good muffin, biscotti, scone...anything that goes with coffee!
 
One more week . . . this time next week, I will be THERE with all those wonderful superbly competent people, my surgery team, doing their job taking care of ME just the way I have researched and worked and planned!

Gotta keep my head wrapped around that this is the right thing to do - taking care of me!

I will be able to ride my horse, have great sex, bicycle, carry my children around, sit criss-cross, dance, jump, run after, and get down on the floor with my preschoolers, go for long long walks, prepare for special days/holidays and enjoy the holiday, too. I won't have to wake up and spend most of my day wondering how my hip feels - it will feel just like my bionic hip does every moment - just as normal! Why I can do all those things and never think about hips and hurting at all!
 
That is great. It's sounds like you are sorted!!

RTHR May 27th 2014
 
Wonderful attitude @Me2..... This time next week you will have two lovely new hips! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yep, next week this time I will be back HOME, ALL DONE, with just a little pampering myself through recovery! I am planning to celebrate my birthday big time for the first time in years!

5 more sleeps --- and I am sleeping . . . just remembering Hip 1, I was not able to sleep through the night for many nights before surgery. . . maybe maybe just maybe I'll not have the severe sleep problems this time?
 
2 and 1/2 more sleeps -- Yikes -- I have no idea yet of my surgery time -

Have my hospital clothes in the washer and suitcase almost ready! I've spent the weekend trying to wear this hip all the way out! :umm:

But, alas, didn't get a ride in. :sad: :horseriding:

Feeling content, :tada: but still doesn't seem real that this is going to happen. :shrug:
 
@Megzie -- haven't seen you around -- one more week for you?
 
Good luck Sheryl @Me2 !
Pittsburgh steak salad sounds yummy for after surgery lunch.
And a birthday cake soon thereafter, at which you will be celebrating your newest hip!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom