Guest viewing is limited

THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

@ahipgma,@Calgal, @Chrissyw,@Layla,@Jaycey @ceezee @Mojo333
I could never in a million years have imagined that I would be in the position I am in tonight. My day started with bad news - And it's fair to say it nearly broke me. I actually came on this forum before I told any of my family or friends, that is no reflection on them, more of the faith I had in everybody here who would respond and help me through the day. I have now told my family and friends and they have been so supportive and understanding too. I feel I have progressed leaps and bounds in the last 12 hours, and I'm happy that I will now be referred to another surgeon and his team in a hospital that I know respect.

I cooked a chicken dinner for tea which was quite delicious, and then I went for a swim. The strangest thing happened, I met up with a woman who I don't know and whilst at the poolside my hip went into spasm, she asked if I was okay . I told her my hip was sore and that it would soon be better when I moved it, she said she knew how I felt as she has bad hips and she is going for surgery in November at the same hospital I will be attending ! We had such a good chat and I couldn't wait to tell her about this site and forum . I don't know if I'll see her again, but I always find it strange when I meet an errant person And an unexpected exchange happens just at the right time!

I'm chilling out with a glass of wine now and looking forward to a new day tomorrow, i've got a physio appointment and more acupuncture to my shoulder and neck, in the morning and now I have more time to find a hairdresser and get a pedicure.

After all ladies I want to Look and feel my best on that beach dancing the hula hula, wearing my flower garland and raising a glass in celebration of our Friendship, strength, fortitude, humour, and shared experiences,

I'm sending my love to you all and feel loved back. I am truly grateful and blessed :thankyou: :loveshwr: :friends: :roseshwr:
P.S my new picture is of some tea roses which are blooming wonderfully in my garden today . Despite the torrential rain we've had, despite the lack of sunshine recently , despite me not being able to attend to them over the summer, they continue to bloom and grow. Those roses sure do signify a lot for me tonight.xx
 
Last edited:
I was crestfallen to read how you were once again delayed. But...
Such a wonderful heartfelt post, and how splendid it is to see how connections happen across the miles...I certainly feel the same as I had my early soothers, supporters, recovery buddies...and the forum has and continues to be uniquely special for me.
Sharing fears, adversity, trials, accomplishments and a communion of hope for a happy and healthy future.
I'm glad you have felt lifted by your Bonesmart family, and also those around you.
Hoorah for your resilient roses.
Reminded me also of one of my favorite quotes...
” We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” Dale Carnegie

Hope they reschedule very soon, friend.
 
So many set backs & still managing to see the positives ......can’t imagine how I’d cope given what you’re going through - I wish you all the very best & hopefully the start of a pain free life in the very near future.

I chose my own surgeon ( 20 years of experience & 300ish knee & hip ops annually) & hospital too - Liverpool Spire private hospital......care & facilities were excellent-own room with en suite, tv & wifi, all day visiting, great food cooked from fresh, lovely, friendly & caring staff.....what’s not to like ??

Take care xx
 
Hello dear Mayhip,
I'm sure we're all touched that you felt confident enough to reach out in your distress, knowing you'd find comfort here. Our hearts collectively go out to you. It has been a rough road for you in your attempts to get this necessary surgery done.

I was relieved to read your burden was lifted and heartened that you feel the love and support of family, as we knew you would.

Nothing like the wonderful smell of a chicken dinner cooking, comfort food for sure. Also relaxing with a glass of wine at the end of a long emotional day.
I hope you had a good night's sleep and feel well rested today.

I don't believe these "by chance" meetings, are accidental. I've read in a good book that we should show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. I don't know about you, but the thought warms my heart. Seems this woman came along while you were in discomfort, understood your pain and I'm sure offered you consolation at a time it was most welcome. Coincidental? I don't believe so...that's just me.

I hope today feels much brighter. Best wishes with your Physio appointment. With any luck your acupuncturist will help relieve your shoulder and neck pain. Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing weekend.

Hugs :loveshwr:
@Mayhip8
 
I agree With @Layla, it was interesting when you met that lady that had a message for you just when you needed it most. I've had that experience at work alot. when a patient, a relative stranger, said something that addressed a struggle I was having unbeknownst to them. Its wonderful how we have that cosmic connection, spinning through space on this big ball together!
Know that literally in other parts of the world people are supporting you! And you will make it through, hopefully sooner rather than later and you'll appreciate your pain free state all the more!
Have a peaceful weekend, dear friend!
 
” We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.”
I hadn't heard this quote before @Mojo333
How true it is! It's hard to balance the future against the here and now sometimes isn't it? This sums it up .
A saying I like is " don't look in the past - your'e not going that way "
Unless of course it is with fond memories or happy tales to tell.
Thankyou for sharing this :loveshwr:
 
@Layla @ahipgma
I think @ChrissyW would also agree too
Angels appear when we least expect them, I think I have been blessed in meeting a few before either in my job on my personal life, there is a sort of belief that they float just above the ground, yet I don't suppose I've ever looked at their feet!
I do believe in angels and I'm quite spiritual in a non-formal sense, I often ask the angels to help my friends or people with struggles in particular occasions -I even sometimes call a car parking angel to help me find a space to park my car!

Talking of cars, I was driving home from my friends today and felt my car to be making noises. I stopped and called my husband, he just happens to be a mobile mechanic, he came to my rescue (my hero ) and discovered that the rear axle had just broken into two! Someone is telling me to stay at home over the next few days aren't they?
Love and hugs to all:loveshwr::friends:
 
Last edited:
Good morning. I've just been catching up with yesterday's posts and I'm so glad to hear much positivity and acknowledgement too that your guardian angel or spirit guide us with you looking out for you all the way. The new rose picture is beautiful, I so love flowers but don't have a garden to look at them bloom so I try get them in the house, as a little treat to myself when i can. Anyway, you stay away from that car @Mayhip8 and have yourself either a)chauffeured around all day or b) a duvet day with loved ones and Christmas films (oh go on I will let you choose your own genre if film then!) hugs to all the smarties and big big hugs to my hippie sister, you know who you are mwah, mwah:loveshwr:
 
Hi and happy weekend!
How convenient to have your hubby who can make sure your car is safe! He fixes cars and you fix people! A nice match!
My husband works in IT at a local bank but in his spare time is a Roman Catholic deacon, and we are both quite involved with all Church aspects and I guess you could say we are spiritual in a pretty formal sense, as I'm sure you have some idea of @ChrissyW as it ran in your family!?
Anyway this weekend I am here at a convent on a deacon wives retreat. This is our fifth year and I am one of the organizers. You would think we would be on our knees all the time solemn as anything, but this is a group of women who all know each other well by this time so what do we do ... bring lots of wine, food, and share updates of family, jobs, kids and grandkids, retirements, ailments and we laugh and talk alot. And we do pray and have a speaker, and I am praying hard for you at this special event of the year @Mayhip8 ! You are in my thoughts for a speedy resolution to your surgery date and of course you'll have us all here for positive vibes, for as long as you need us!
 
@ahipgma I hope your weekend went well and thank you for your prayers. I had a busy one in the end, my eldest daughter came over to stay with us so we had a family night together with yummy food and wine and lots of laughter, the next day my sister from Wales and brother from down south came to visit us so tea and cream cakes were shared a plenty!
It seems I didn’t need a car this weekend after all, which is as well, as it’s in the back on ramps waiting for a new axle to be fitted tomorrow.

In terms of how I’m feeling I feel calmer now ,I’m having a very quiet day today as I’m obviously still in pain.@ChrissyW I have lots of films to catch up on and have to say I would never watch a Christmas film before about the middle of December. My daughter could watch a Christmas film any time of the year but it just messes with my head! In fact it’s a tradition to watch the Muppets Christmas Carol when we put up the Christmas tree or rather when the children put up the Christmas tree, and I rearrange it the next day when they’re all out!

i’m waiting for my son to come home from school now as we need to nip to the shops my daughter is at practice for the school play which starts tomorrow, they are doing Mary Poppins and she’s worked so hard for weeks now I can’t wait to see them (which is a something I wouldn’t Have been able to do if my Surgery on Wednesday.)
It’s a Bolognese Monday tonight and the house smells divine yet again,
I hope all is well and calm with everybody and you have a pleasant evening.:loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Wow Bolognese and an exciting school play!
Sounds like you're whiling away your time as best you can, being present for your dear family! We made home made pizza tonight, after visiting Ari for the day, my daughter is thinking about potty training already and poor Ari just wants to hide in the closet to do her business and not sit on that potty! It's pretty amusing when you're the grandparent and just observe. Any way my house smelled yummy from the pizza, love that home cooking! Hope you hear good news soon :fingersx: and your pain is manageable. Thinking of you every day. Take care:flwrysmile:
 
You come across as calm and relaxed.
It sounds like you've had some lovely family time and hopefully that's helped.
Wishing you a peaceful week and comfort as you wait for your new surgery date.
Big Hugs
@Mayhip8
 
It's nearly bedtime and I just wanted to stop by and check in with how everyone was doing. It's definetly feeling closer to winter now the nights are darker and it's going to work in the darker hours and coming home in the same and soon it will be seeing little daylight at all. Well I'm going to pretend I'm in the top part of Norway with little daylight and just pretend I'm waiting for the northern lights (I will see them one day but for now I can pretend) have a calm and peaceful day tomorrow ladies and @Mayhip8 and @ahipgma you are pepper domestic goddesses so next time your baking keep me in your thoughts and eat some gir me too! Xxx
 
So, here I am, coming to your thread to wish you the best with surgery and just read the upsetting news. I am so sorry. I am also so impressed with your calmness and fortitude.
I'm not sure how a private hospital will work for you, does this mean you will go in as a self paying patient?
Wishing for you a comfortable remainder of your week, with maybe some good news coming your way. :flwrysmile:
 
I came today thinking of you and your surgery. @Mayhip8 I am so happy that as you’ve processed the cancellation you see a glimmer of a silver lining.

I got chills when I read of your exchange with the woman at the pool. When we get those moments it does bolster one, that we aren’t alone and that Devine interventions are there sometimes when we need them most. I hope your pain stays manageable while you wait for good news. Sending best wishes for a speedy resolution.
:SUNsmile:
 
@Mayhip8 any news on choosing a new hospital? Thinking if you and our little team so love and positivity to everyone. Xx
 
Hi all
Checking in to say I'm thinking of you and my pompoms are still at the ready.....
Winter weather has come blowing away the last of our summer here in the mid Atlantic US. I hope you are staying warm and cozy as you wait and that your pain is controlled as well as can be! Hope all are well, @Mayhip8 , @chrissyand @Calgal .
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom