Guest viewing is limited

THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Hello everybody :loveshwr:

I must apologise for the ‘radio silence’ as it were, it’s a combination of having a new iPad that I can’t work out, and having a massive energy drain over the last few days. However the sunshine is out today ,I’ve been out for a long walk this morning, and I’m feeling more positive, my family are coming over tonight and we are watching My youngest daughter in her school production of Mary Poppins supercalifragilisticexpialidocious indeed @CrissyW :dancy:

I’ve had a letter from the private hospital and I have an initial assessment next Thursday
( @CricketHip The NHS has a funding agreement with the hospital company to carry out surgery and rehab then they bill the NHS, it helps to manage the winter crisis and other pressures on NHS hospitals as the government sets targets for for how long it should take from consultation to surgery times before they fine the hospital,. The NHS is supposed to not be able to cancel more than three times planned surgery )

In the meantime I’m off work again as emotionally I found it quite draining, and physically I was unable to do my job because of the pain in my hip and shoulder. I have not been able to swim either since my car broke last week as we had to wait for parts before my wonderful husband can mend it. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence but my shoulder seems to be settling down now and last night I actually thought oh I don’t have any pain in my neck!
:) :-) (:
Well folks I’m off to cook a comforting chicken stew type dish -I have no particular recipe I’m just going to ‘wing it ‘so to speak,
@ahipgma @Calgal @ChrissyW et al
If everybody is free how about we meet up on the beach tomorrow at around about 7 pm for cocktails, dancing, and some laughter?:martini::martini::martini:
sending love and hugs to everybody:loveshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
All of us are!
[Bonesmart.org] Mayhip8's recovery thread

That's me with the really toned arms.:heehee:
 
@Mayhip8 im always up for cocktails beachside so hopefully @ahipgma and cal gal can join us and maybe @Mojo333 and @Layla might like to join us? As it's the beach I'm presuming dress code is floaty casual, especially if we are to dance and sway the night away (no heels then!!) are we arriving on the orina te yacht this time? Perhaps the crew can prepare us a Michelin star style meal before we get to the beach? Until tomorrow it is then:yes!::thumb:
 
Yes! Caftans and bare feet sounds like a great dress code to go with foo foo drinks (thats what I call pretty colored things with umbrellas in them). Hunky boys getting us another drinkie poo. The gorgeous glow in our faces (erasing any and all wrinkles) from the torches stuck in the sand... Ahhh. I'm feeling this!! :roseshwr: Despite sitting in front of a raging log fire at the moment warming my chilly toes on this damp UK autumn night.:shrug:
 
Thank you for the explanation of how it works when you go private @Mayhip8.
Its a relief to know you still have coverage. I was worried about that.
 
Hi @Mayhip8 and all and sundry--
I'm so glad you're moving forward with your plans for private surgery.
We are moving into autumn weather here for sure, chilly nights and even a nip in the air in the daytime. It's a wonderful time of the year with the leaves turning, and Halloween, followed by Thanksgiving, and of course, Christmas!!! I have the irresistible urge to make all kinds of soup!!
Hope all went well with Mary Poppins, a proud moment, and those young people work so hard to put on a great performance those times go so quickly when your kids still live at home!
I'm glad your shoulder is better, now we need to work on that hip! Hopefully soon-- less than a week before your consultation!
I'll join you on the beach with a beautiful flowy dress and hopefully there's some kind of beach cookout with delicious seafood and maybe a steel marimba band with some beachy music. To take any and all cares, aches or pains we may have! So good to be with you all!:martini::cheers::cheers2:
 
I’m wearing a cerise floaty chiffon number, I have flowers in my hair, A glass of fizz in my hand and a big smile on my face.:yay::happydance:

Ladies you look amazing! Only a few hours and we can meet the others when the yacht Sails into the marina.:surfer: In the meantime I’m loving the fresh lobster on the seafood buffet that the chef has prepared for us and is that Billy Joel on the piano playing for us? @ChrissyW I love the way you have put your hair up into a golden weave and those pearls and diamonds entwined really enhance your sparkle, @SurreyGirl Your nails look amazing ! are those Diamantes that are twinkling from the light reflected by the crystal chandeliers? @Calgal your cosy evening by the fire last night served you well -you must’ve had a lovely relaxing sleep as you look so glowing and radiant today, The silk caftan that you are wearing looks so luxurious with its intricate beading -i’m glad the cashmere throws are up on the top deck so we can wrap ourselves up as we stand on the deck and glide across the great pond the to meet our sisters hippy sisters (Your description of fancy drinks being called foo foo made me laugh out loud @Calgal because someone close to me uses that name to describe her lady parts):heehee::heehee:
Looking forward to continuing our journey my wonderful wonderful friends:loveshwr::roseshwr::loveshwr:
 
Omg! To continue the foofoo we always called perfume foofoo juice.
Just sayin'.:heehee::heehee:
Oh and @Mayhip8 did you know Billy J. Is status post 2 hip replacements! Hmm we could talk recovery with the Piano Man.
Or not. We could just keep sipping our kir royales and swaying to "Shes Always A Woman":dancy:<- a little frenetic but you get the idea! @ChrissyW and @Calgal.
 
Your yacht is awaiting you so slip off your shoes, get onboard and grab a cocktail, make mine a Negroni please!

Oh my gosh....Count me in! Mayhip, you paint such a realistic picture, I'm there in my head.

Here's a little story, my younger sister went on a date with Billy Joel when he was in town (St Paul / Minneapolis). She was a young hostess at the restaurant in the hotel he stayed at while in town. He asked her out for cocktails at a fancy restaurant and had to console her as she burst into tears. :heehee: Naturally he asked her what was wrong and she blurted out "I can't believe I'm sitting here with Billy Joel." Poor kid, she was only 19 and came to find out his marriage (of which she was unaware) to his first wife was on the rocks. Crazy but true story. She's 58 now and we still laugh about it at times. She stood up a male co-worker to go on that date and when she later explained to him he said "I understand, if I had an an opportunity to have drinks with Farrah Fawcett, I would have done the same." Farrah Fawcett, lol...That puts the timeline in perspective. This was long before BJ's hips went bad and I'm sure if he had any big ideas for that date, the tears shriveled em. :rotfl:
 
@Layla What an absolutely fantastic story! You could have been Billy Joel sister-in-law! Imagine the singsong around the piano at Christmas time! Wow!:chuckmarch::froggies:
 
Hahaha! That's a good one...you're funny, sweet Mayhip.
Singsong around the piano at Christmas. Love it! :heehee:
You have a lovely weekend :)
 
Why, @Layla! What a cool story!
As Billy was young when we were so many of his songs resonated with me.
If he were playing the piano on our yacht I would ask him for "You May be Right", "We Didnt Start the Fire", Rock.and rollish, or I do love "And So it Goes" ( sway to on the yacht slowly waving lit lighter. People now wave their phones at a concert. Ugh! What's that?)
Anyway my torch song to my beloved city
"New York State of Mind" play it Billy!!!!!
I'll have another cocktail.
Hey @ChrissyW no jumping over board for a moonlight swim in your string bikini!
Stick aroumd for our midnight snack--- I brought my hubs homemade sauce and meatballs!
 
What a wonderful evening. I think it was a good decision to sit and watch the sun rise and we can sleep later. I must say @ahipgma that string bikini made the sand get everywhere!! The midnight snack was so good, our feasts are always first class. Anyway @Mayhip8 did you see those wonderful colours as the sun came out, the oranges and pinks with hints of lilac looked amazing, I'm sure one of our dresses had similar tones. I think while we are here we should make the most of the day and make sure we have some lovely tropical fruits for breakfast with a mimosa perhaps! I think I shall pop for a nap now as I see the others have got their heads down too. Happy days xxx
 
After that refreshing nap @ChrissyW it was joyful to gather and enjoy the stunning breakfast of tropical fruits and the mimosa really gave the morning a kick start!
@ahipgma I loved hearing your stories about your family and the memories of past achievements you all share.You are so blessed to be surrounded by love and positive energy, your husband sounds so caring and thoughtful in his parish and home life- you are a credit to each other - the meatballs were delicious @ Calgal Thankyou for your home grown pickles and jams- a real taste of a fruitful summer during your convalescing,I love the confidence you had in getting up and dancing the hula hula too! Such a great mover! @ Layla we were all so excited that you joined us after breakfast and bringing along more positive energy to guide us and support us- I must say that when you showed us your amazing cheerleading routine we couldn’t resist getting up and joining in with our Pom poms and glitter adorned canes ( I loved how you ,@Chrissy and @ahipgma re-enacted the dance scene from “singing in the rain” - using the waterfall as a backdrop was a stroke of genius!)
@SurreyGirl the yacht was luxurious and a stunning way to arrive and meet up with everyone - a big Thankyou and it’s lovely to meet you- your smile lit up the nights sky
Then to be able to take a ride in the helicopter to view the rest of the islands was pure magical.
So as we sit in the restaurant by the shore enjoying our cocktails and scrumptious dinner ( I don’t think I will ever tire of eating sweet lobster) I look forward to our night time stroll on the white sandy beach - I may be inclined to take part in a little ‘ night swimming’ before we rest and watch the sunset fully to end the perfect day in anticipation of our last day in paradise tomorrow
Sending you all love,positivity,support and gratitude
as we say in welsh
“ Nos dda Cariad” ( night night love) :loveshwr: :loveshwr:
 
Oh gosh @Mayhip8 you need to be a virtual trip planner or something, I am transported to our yachting trip and the sugar white sand.
As the leaves start to fall here it is so nice to envision that kind of sun that you bask in and it warms you down to your bones.
The state I live in, Pennsylvania and in the southwest part is land locked as to the ocean and the nearest sea is at least 6 hrs away in any direction. When you first hear that sound, smell that smell and see that ocean it's like ahhhhhh.
So to enjoy it with dear friends, to speak or not speak, get into that summer novel you wanted to read, or sit at the waters edge with the sand between your toes to toast with a frosty cocktail is bliss.
and as the days of recovery go on I'm more and more surprised at how the past three years of pain are becoming a little more of a distant memory, that I'm beginning to feel like my old self and I'm so excited to hear when you get to that point--- and you will, it will be good to have your healed hips along with your patience, kindness, and optimism.
Enjoying our last day on this particular trip so much!
Love and hugs!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom