Guest viewing is limited

TKR May I have some cheese with that whine?

8 month update...hot off the presses!!! :happydance:

Last week on Monday I had an epiphany :yes!: I realized that my knee is getting better. I find myself waiting to feel the tendon pain above my knee. It isn't there right now. :dancy: I'm not saying that I don't have stiffness in places, but I feel much better than I have in quite some time. I am ready to have more feeling in my knee but am willing to wait for it now. The massage therapy for 90 minutes every two weeks has helped quite a bit. My massage therapist is doing lymph massage and some deep tissue massage to break up the scar tissue. I use the TENS unit every other day. I ride a stationary bike two or three times a week. I've stopped doing the weights for now. Celebrex is still my friend and will be for some time. Yes, I still ice, ice baby! I don't think I will ever stop icing and elevating.

This past weekend I walked up two flights of stairs twice without holding onto the railing. I also made it down both times without issue. :tada: Living in Central Florida I don't get much of a chance to climb stairs. I have a one story house and my work doesn't have stairs.

Today I was walking out of the building at work and found that I was walking faster than some of the younger people coming out of my building. I ended up having to slow down so they could catch up with me.:heehee:

I guess I can now say that I am glad that I had the TKR done. :happydance: I didn't ever think I was going to get to this point. I hope that I do get more feeling in my knee and the tightness in a couple of spots go away. :beg:

Thank you for all your support through this journey!
 
Dear D.S @daughter stalker
I heard all the Trumpets & came running. :egypdance:So happy to see these....:happydance::yay::dancy::yes!:
& not these....:gaah::hissy::hairpulling: :sorry:.
Your recovery has been amazing, with bumps along the way, sounds like your massages &
Cutting back at the gym, did the trick :yes!:
Wishing you all the best as you continue on with your life:angel:
Sincerely,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
The massage therapy for 90 minutes every two weeks has helped quite a bit. My massage therapist is doing lymph massage and some deep tissue massage to break up the scar tissue.

Great news. I am so pleased for you.

You mentioned the lymph massage therapy and deep tissue massage. I know nothing about this type of massage, but it sounds interesting - anything that might reduce my tight band is interesting.

Does the massage have to be done by someone else or could you do it yourself? How does it differ from other massages. 90 minutes sounds a very long time. What does your knee feel like immediately afterwards. Carol
 
@patient 99 Carol...here is a link to lymphatic massage. broken link removed: https://www.itsyourhealth-naturally.com/manual-lymph-drainage.html I am not sure that you can do this one on your own, but maybe. Deep tissue may be able to be done on your own. broken link removed: https://www.itsyourhealth-naturally.com/deep-tissue.html I found that massage was working wonders when I went to physical therapy. I decided to go to a massage therapist who specializes in lymphatic massage. She does about 15 minutes of lymphatic massage and 45 minutes of deep tissue massage on my knee. It feels less tight. I still have some tightness, but it feels better after. The other 30 minutes I have her work on my back and shoulders. I would like to have her work on the knee the whole time, but know that my back and shoulders need some release too from the stress I have from work and home.

@new knee in June Diana...thanks for all your help and encouragement. I am not sure I could have gotten through this without our June Sunbeam Queen.
 
:blush: Thank You for the complement.
Your drive & determination have served you well :) You have been a great example of being
Your own advocate, asking questions & finding answers. Then you graciously share them here on
"Bonesmart" to help others.
This is the way it should be.........:friends:Friends helping friends !!
Talk Care,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on your fantastic progress! Very good report you posted on Thursday!
 
One step forward one step back :doh:I have figured out the culprit to my achy knee...the elliptical machine:headbang: I was only on that silly thing for 15 minutes this morning then rode the bike for 30 minutes. I guess riding the recumbent bike is just going to have to do for now! :scratch:

Cryo cuff...check! Elevation...check! My cryo cuff is on and working well. :snork: I am glad that we didn't pack it away for safe keeping. :yes:
I hope everyone had a kneesy day today :flwrysmile:
 
Ahhhhh....the old elliptical machine. It can be a problem for some folks! Good that you discovered you're not ready for it yet. It may take a while to be able to use it. I'd wait until you're a year out and then give it a try (slowly!!) again.
 
Hey daughterstalker, I actually purposly stayed away from your thread ! Lol. Daughterstalker is abit too much . Although I did the same with my 2 boys years ago . Ive read 8 pages so far . Yeah you certainly overdid it early and went back to work early. Women in corrections are tough as nails . Doesnt surpise me you did soo much so soon . Just wanted to say hi . Ill read more later, watching ballgame now . Bye
 
Thanks for popping over to my thread @icep707. I am actually an educator in a correctional facility. I guess that counts as corrections. :heehee: Oh and by the way, I am a platinum card carrying ODIC President, too! :rotfl:

It gets better every day! Recovery is just S L O W as M O L A S S E S. :sigh: I hope you had a good day today! I know I did! :happydance:
 
Guess what? I have more feeling in my right knee. :shocked: It is another epiphany! :dancy: I thought my knee would feel like my lip feels after the dentist put Novocaine in my gums forever! :doh: Slowly but surely I am getting the feeling back in my knee. :yay:

I hope everyone has a kneeasy evening! :flwrysmile:
 
Today is my 9 month kneeversary. Where has the time gone? I'm not yet 100% but there must be light at the end of the tunnel. I will be trying out my knew knee this weekend chaperoning 5 girls in Washington DC with the school's fine art dept. I hope I am not making a mistake by taking her out for a test drive. I have an ice bag, muscle relaxers and tramadol just in case. What did y'all expect from the ODIC president?

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!
 
Back
Top Bottom